Coyote Hills Regional Park

8000 Patterson Ranch Road, Fremont, CA

• Coyote Hills Regional ParkPro 2014
    Owie
    5 Mar 07, 2014

I always have a special memory for this place in my heart. It was the first trail I ran instead of hiking with my ambitious companion. If it wasn't for him, I would not have enjoyed running as much nor would I have been an outdoor type of girl.

Thank you for pushing me to my limits, we ran the whole trail within an hour. Felt dizzy and nausea after the run. My guy quickly ran back to the car to get me some water before I passed out. As he was running like the wind, I was able to get up and walked slowly to the car. By than, he was within sight before I could reached the car. What a sweet boy!

From time to time, I have been wanting to go back to this place. Maybe one day someone would take me here...

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersBackpackersBudget TravelersOutdoor Enthusiasts
  • Coyote Hills Regional ParkPro 2014
    Verlisia
    5 Nov 06, 2013

Stunning preserve that is great for hiking, camping, wildlife watching or just a simple picnic. There are lots of good trails for both hikers and bikers. The landscape is mostly open flat grassland but there are a few small hills that provide some challenges.

$5 entrance fee per vehicle. There are facilities and picnic tables not far from the entrance parking lot. Don't forget to take a short walk to the observatory deck near the swamp. Lots of beautiful birds to be seen.

Recommended for:Outdoor EnthusiastsWellness
    Amy Chow
    3 Mar 20, 2013

Nice park to do some hiking/biking. I've been here twice to do shoots. I like the pier area the most. :)

There's a picnic area which is nice & also a couple of gazebos here & there.

There's a dirt parking lot at the very front or if you want to be closer to the park then you can park inside, but there's a fee.

I usually just park on the dirt parking lot.

Luke Hornof

Good place to run. Even has some paths that let you go pretty far into the bay.

Xiying Wang