Craftsteak

MGM Grand, 3799 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV 89109
fancy craftsteak dinner

• CraftsteakAmbassadorPro 2014

There is nothing not to love here. If you want steak, your palette will be overly satisfied -- even, dare I say it, indulged. I rarely find beef so tender and juicy, AND bursting with flavor. Plus the sauces/marinades just make it ten times better -- and when you consider that they have fish plates just as equally delicious, plus extravagant salads with fresh vegetables from the Santa Monica Farmer's Market...it's a win win for everyone.

Recommended for:FoodiesLuxury Travelers
  • Craftsteak

Was here for my birthday once, and it was fantastic. Some of the steaks are prepared in these mini cast iron dishes. It's a lot better than CUT at Palazzo.

• Craftsteak

We had our wedding party here for a reception. The staff was amazing and dinner was delicious. I would recommend the family style meal. Pricey but worth every bite!

• Craftsteak

The best steak I've ever eaten. We did a prix fixe menu and though there was so much food, we could not stop eating. The steaks were so good that any condiments were not necessary.

• Craftsteak

I LOVE CRAFTSTEAK!!!! A few years back I was on the Top Chef restaurant kick and found out this was Tom Colicchio's restaurant so of course I wanted to try it. Every single thing I ate was wonderful. We did a tasting menu for about $100pp and had a nice variety of food. But, whenever I go back, it's all about their steaks. They prepare it beautifully. Their Sommelier is wonderful at picking the right wine at a good price point.

Craftsteak is located inside MGM Grand, I recommend you have a reservation. It's quite popular and I really enjoy their lively vibe.

• Craftsteak

When you eat here... plan to REALLY EAT HERE!!!

Being the first to get here, considering I was the last to leave my hotel to get here I pulled up a chair at the bar to reeducate my palate on Las Vegas concoctions. They have this great key lime pie drink thing that tasted very much like a key lime pie. Now if only I liked key lime pie.

That aside, as the party goers eventually showed up and grouped and performed acts of stupidity in the bar we were eventually led to the furthest tables out back... which for the inebriated is a feat normally attributed to Iron Man competitors. We were greeted with a bottle of great tasting vodka that I failed to taste. I did however get more than ample face time with the apps, entrees, and dessert. Given a few more hours and I would have finished my dessert. I, out of the 20 odd gathered was the only one reprimanded to 'remain in my space.' Go figure, my reputation proceeds me even here.

On the flip, other than being told to behave myself while watching others in my entourage molest the furniture the main server for our table was delightful enough when I inquired about a special package that had been ordered before hand by my one and only. And so a beautiful lil chocolate cake was delivered to the birthday girl unannounced to her drunken surprise.

I had to admit that all things considered I really liked this dimly lit place. Especially considering that the staff and fellow patrons tolerated our loud, profanity dropping, meat indulging, alcohol grubbin', at times indecent mass of drunks bordering on destroying artwork and the surrounding ambiance in general. Oddly I find that our disturbing presence is often not enjoyed if not tolerated mostly at the cost of the staff's nerves if not the other guest's behest.

Glad no one dropped their credit card here.
    *cough*TeamPrincess*cough*
    ;D

• Craftsteak

amazing steak. get the yukon mashed potatoes. you won't regret it.

• Craftsteak

Great steaks. Expensive. Colliccio's restaurant.

• Craftsteak

Amazing service and atmosphere. Great steak, but could have been better for the price.

• Craftsteak

The selection of meats (grass-fed veal, lamb shank, filet mignon, braised short ribs) is impressive, but the sides and the quiet invention shown in the kitchen both elevate Tom Colicchio's Craftsteak from more run-of-the-mill casino steakhouses. Ingredients come from small family farms and other below-the-radar sources, and you can tell. It's all served in a cultured atmosphere, if a slightly noisy one.

741 people visited Craftsteak