Despite the hype this place receives, it's not worth the regularly-20-minute-long wait times. The ice cream sandwiches tend to fall apart and are messy to eat. I would advise just buying a cookie or two -- they're cheap (69 cents each or so) and delicious.
Things to do near CREAM (Cookies Rule Everything Around Me)
- 10.11 mi2476 Telegraph Avenue, Berkeley, CA0.11 mi from CREAM (Cookies Rule Everything Around Me)6 reviews
I have been, and always will be, a book lover. Modern day electronic reading devices can never replace the touch and feel of the real printed words. Do you understand the joy of having a good book in hand? Do you understand the sadness when your favorite story ends? There were times when I spent long hours in the book ...Popular with
- 20.2 mi2626 Bancroft Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94704-17170.2 mi from CREAM (Cookies Rule Everything Around Me)3 reviews
Interesting exhibits all year long enhanced by swooping cement interiors. The building also houses the Pacific Film Archive which has some excellant film programs.
- 30.15 mi2510 Telegraph Avenue, Berkeley, CA0.15 mi from CREAM (Cookies Rule Everything Around Me)3 reviews
One of my favourite villains that appeared in the old Batman TV Series was the Mad Hatter. His real name was Jervis Tetch, and was inspired by the lunacy of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland to commit crimes. He used his mind-control technology (that popped out of his large hat) to bend people to his will. You're probably Mad as well ...
- 40.24 mi2301 Bancroft Way, Berkeley, CA 947040.24 mi from CREAM (Cookies Rule Everything Around Me)4 reviews
Only giving it a 5 star not because I'm a Cal fan, but went there to see my my Wildcats take on the Bears in the 2010 season. WHAT A GAME!!! Arizona pulled out the win in a triple OT thriller 107-105. There was this 60 year old drunk Cal fan who started just talked crap the entire game to ...Popular with
- 50.02 mi2401 Telegraph Avenue, Berkeley, CA0.02 mi from CREAM (Cookies Rule Everything Around Me)2 reviews
While Amoeba is a good music shop, Rasputin sometimes has Amoeba beat when it comes to selection in the DVD department. It has a huge room just for the DVD section and always a pretty decent selection in it's clearance aisles. Not to mention, at least when I was there last, they had a membership card that got you a ...
- 60.08 mi2455 Telegraph Avenue, Berkeley, CA0.08 mi from CREAM (Cookies Rule Everything Around Me)2 reviews
I was showing my Brother around the Cal Campus area last week and of course Telegraph Avenue was part of the adventure. I personally think that North Gate (including the various GTU buildings) are more interesting, but I guess the South Side has it's own version of spirituality. Tom lives in Taiwan and listens mostly to music downloads. He had ...
- 70.15 mi2470 Bancroft Way Berkeley, CA 947040.15 mi from CREAM (Cookies Rule Everything Around Me)2 reviews
The ASUC Store has changed a lot over the years. The Cal-branded Office Supplies used to be up front and now you'll find a nice selection in the basement (along with the textbooks). The bookstore is pretty much the same, while the back end of the main floor is pretty much unused. And consistent with probably every other Campus, "Blue ...Popular with
- 80.17 mi2401 Dwight Way, Berkeley, CA0.17 mi from CREAM (Cookies Rule Everything Around Me)1 review
I attended a memorial service here for my son's grandfather and my former father-in-law. I previously knew of the Town and Gown Club and had walked past it on the corner of Dana and Dwight many a time without recognizing it as such. It was founded by Emmanuel Marie Paget in 1898 as a club house for Berkeley women. It ...Popular with
- 90.17 mi103 Kroeber Hall, Berkeley, CA0.17 mi from CREAM (Cookies Rule Everything Around Me)1 review
My guess is that there are plenty of Cal Students who spend their 4 years here and walk right past this place without giving it a second thought. I first noticed this Museum on the way to class a few weeks back and had some time recently to take a look. And I'm glad I did! The Phoebe A. Hearst ...Popular with
- 100.15 mi2506 Telegraph Avenue, Berkeley, CA0.15 mi from CREAM (Cookies Rule Everything Around Me)1 review
My son tells me that the skateboard and clothing offerings used to be located within separate shops. His Mom previously bought him a skateboard here. Since we were in the neighbourhood yesterday, the Kid brought me in to with the idea of getting another set of wheels and a wrench. It was certainly an education, as I learned quickly that ...
- 110.12 mi2530 Bancroft Way, Berkeley, CA0.12 mi from CREAM (Cookies Rule Everything Around Me)1 review
As I was walking near Campus and around Telegraph Avenue, it's interesting how many store front changes there have been over the 25+ years that my eyes have seen. Larry Blake's just closed and the old Cody's still makes that end of the street fairly lonely and even a bit creepy at night. And yet, Bancroft Clothing is still here, ...
- 120.15 mi2508 Telegraph Avenue, Berkeley, CA0.15 mi from CREAM (Cookies Rule Everything Around Me)1 review
After buying your Tilley next door at Berkeley Hat, come on over to Young's for your other needs for the Great Outdoors. And now that Wilderness Exchange is closed, this is the place to go as a supplement to REI. They have a lot of brands and selection tucked into this cozy space and prices are very reasonable. Nice folks ...Popular with
- 130.21 mi2318 Durant Avenue, Berkeley, CA0.21 mi from CREAM (Cookies Rule Everything Around Me)1 review
The Berkeley Architectural Heritage Association (BAHA) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote, through education, an understanding and appreciation for Berkeley's history, and to encourage the preservation of its historic buildings. Incorporated on December 9, 1974, the organization has been active since 1971. I've been a member for several years, enjoy their regular newsletter, have occasionally participated in ...
- 140.11 mi2486 Bancroft Way, Berkeley, CA0.11 mi from CREAM (Cookies Rule Everything Around Me)1 review
Whelan's has apparently been around for more than 100 years and it remains a familiar site to a Telegraph Avenue area that has changed significantly over time. I remember coming in here for a Sunday NY Times, to browse through their magazine selection, and maybe pick up an empty cigar box for storage. I don't smoke, but I love the ...
- 150.15 mi2302 Bowditch Street, Berkeley, California0.15 mi from CREAM (Cookies Rule Everything Around Me)1 review
The Ink Stone is located between Bancroft and Durant and you have to go up a long flight of stairs and over a parking lot entrance to get here And when I'm wandering around Telegraph Avenue, I'll make make sure that I end up here before I go. The Ink Stone is a fun office supplies/graphic arts store that is ...
- 160.03 mi2439 Channing Way, Berkeley, CA0.03 mi from CREAM (Cookies Rule Everything Around Me)1 review
Very knowledgable and helpful staff who will really work with you regarding various materials and pricing options. They were also very attentive as we were putting our work together.
- 170.22 mi2736 Bancroft Way, Berkeley, CA0.22 mi from CREAM (Cookies Rule Everything Around Me)1 review
Founded in 1974 with historian Fred Rosenbaum as its first director, Lehrhaus took its name (meaning “house of learning”) and inspiration from a school for Jewish studies founded by philosopher Franz Rosenzweig in Frankfurt, Germany, in 1920. Attracting scholars such as Martin Buber, S.Y. Agnon, A.J. Heschel, Gershom Scholem, and Erich Fromm, the original Lehrhaus — until its closure by ...
- 180.13 mi2554 Haste Street, Berkeley, CA0.13 mi from CREAM (Cookies Rule Everything Around Me)4 reviews
I wouldn't say that People's Park is an attraction of the East Bay, but it has gained a reputation and unfortunately become a uniqu "landmark" in Berkeley. A trip to People's Park isn't one that I'd recommend, especially to parents with young children, because the park is filled with drug users and the homeless all day and night. If the ...Popular with
- 190.12 mi2480 Bancroft Way, Berkeley, California0.12 mi from CREAM (Cookies Rule Everything Around Me)1 review
For whatever reason, Ned's and I rarely crossed paths for Textbook purchased during my time at Cal. What I needed was at the Cal Bookstore across the street and I was very good in the used and classmate castoff departments. And now that I'm back as an Alumnus to audit a few classes, I'm fortunate that all my materials are ...
- 200.55 miUniversity Avenue & Oxford Street, Berkeley, CA 947040.55 mi from CREAM (Cookies Rule Everything Around Me)44 reviews
"Berserkely" as they call it. A fun place to hang out ... street vendors, eating places and lots of Kool people.Popular with