recommended Tel AvivTel Aviv is great however you should know what you are looking to do and find what right for you, but anyway Tel-Aviv offers something for everybody. Enjoy, Oded.Comment.3 months ago. ReportOded Nevo
What exactly you are looking for? as there are a lot of options and possibilities starting with the main tourist attractions to the less familiar places.
commented on this list
Don't miss the must-sees if you can. October is a beautiful time to be in Israel. The Bahai gardens in Haifa are amazing - they overlook the entire city. From Haifa it's really easy to get to Akko. Lots of history and amazing food there. The Ceserea aqueducts are pretty incredible, as well as the old city itself. Usually they have live music playing in the amphitheater and there are great restaurants nearby. The Tel-Aviv beach is fantastic in October. You've missed the summer heat - it will be packed with people, but rent a chair for a few shekels for the day and bring snacks!
Hope this helps. Have fun!.Comment.5 months ago. Report
- Zedekiah's CaveJerusalem, Israelrecommended Zedekiah's CaveAlso known as Solomon's Quarries, this vast cavern was mined for the stone to build the Old City walls. The coolness inside the cavern is a nice break from the heat, but if you're uncomfortable ... read moreunderground or in the dark, think twice.
- LitosthrotosOld Jerusalem Cityrecommended LitosthrotosHidden gem! The church of the sisters of Zion is right on Via Dolorosa, but is small and rather unassuming from the outside. However, once you descend to the ancient Roman streets, the picture changes ... read morecompletely. In some spots, you can still make out carvings by bored Roman soldiers in the street stones. Gave me chills!
- Church of the Holy SepulchreSuq Khan e-Zeit, Jerusalem Israelrecommended Church of the Holy SepulchreThere is so much going on in this one building, it takes a while to see it all. Each section has a vastly different feel. Definitely worth taking a guide book or a tour to understand the intricacies ... read moreof the Church.
- Hezekiah's TunnelsHashiloah Road, Jerusalem Israelrecommended Hezekiah's TunnelsNot for the claustrophobic! It's such a unique and moving experience to walk through this historic tunnel. Bring a flashlight, as it is pitch black inside, and wear shoes that can get wet, since the ... read morewater is knee deep in places. It is a good walk, but the cool tunnel is a nice break from the heat outside.
recommended Dead SeaSwimming in the Dead Sea is unlike anything else I've ever done. The water is so salty that you can't dive under if you try- not that I would recommend it as getting this water in your eyes is quite ... read morepainful! The salt quickly makes you aware of every scratch, scrape and sunburn on your body. Truly a unique experience that I can't recommend highly enough. It's sad to think that the sea is shrinking so quickly.
recommended TiberiasBeautiful city, with a perfect mix of modern hotels, restaurants and shopping, but historical ruins seemingly around every corner. The entire city has a view of the lake.
- Bahá'í World CentreBahá'í World Centrerecommended Bahá'í World Centre
- Nanuchkaלילינבלום 30, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Time Elevator37 Hillel St., Jerusalem 91004 Israelrecommended Time ElevatorGreat way to experience the beauty of this amazing city, it's a taste of Jerusalem history that will keep you smiling while you are walking around all the new and old places.Netta Denes Drimer
Not too expensive and a great way to know more about the place you are traveling in...
- MasadaMasada, Israel
- Rosh HaNikraRosh HaNikra, Israel
- Church of the VisitationJerusalem, Israel
- Morad Winery,Hi-Tech Park Central p.o.box 319 Yokneam Elite
- Via DolorosaJerusalem, Israel
- Tel Aviv PortNemal Tel Aviv St. Tel Aviv, Israel
- The Western WallWestern Wall Plaza, Jerusalem 97500 Israel