Crowne Plaza Hotel The Hamilton-Washington DC

1001 14th St. NW, Washington DC, DC 20005
Crowne Plaza Hotel The Hamilton-Washington DC

• Crowne Plaza Hotel The Hamilton-Washington DC

I felt luxury the second I walked into the lobby. This hotel is for the luxury traveler and business traveler with a great travel budget. The rooms are rather small and I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to families with small children. The hotel has an executive floor for business travelers to unwind from the chaos of D.C. The restaurant 14K is very popular among business clientele because the hotel is only 3 blocks from The White House.

Recommended for:Art & Design LoversBusiness TravelersLocal CultureLuxury Travelers
  • Crowne Plaza Hotel The Hamilton-Washington DC

You can feel the history in this 1920's, restored hotel. I loved the beautiful molding and the chandeliers.

The young lady who took care of me at the front desk spoke in hushed tones and was extremely gracious. Kind of what you'd expect in a place like this.

I imagine deals were being made in the restaurant that was bustling in the afternoon! It has a patio seating area that overlooks a park. Not too common in downtown Washington, so it's a destination for local lobbyists and business people.

Recommended for:Art & Design LoversBusiness TravelersHistory Buffs
  • Crowne Plaza Hotel The Hamilton-Washington DC

I was truly impressed with the decor in this place, and that isn't something that typically stands out for me. This hotel offers a great mix of stately charm and modern finishings. The lobby itself was a place I could happily spend a few hours hanging out, and there's a great looking bar/restaurant connected to the hotel that was full of visitors when I passed by.

The rooms themselves are spacious and nice to look at. I appreciated the rich dark colors, which make me want to just sink into a comfortable bed and fall asleep. Really nice touches. I also always appreciate a nice fitness center, which this place has in spades, and although parking is pretty expensive I found it par for the course in downtown Washington, DC, so no trouble there. Having free wireless was also a nice touch, as that's quickly becoming a thing of the past at a lot of other hotels!

All in I was very impressed, from the look to the amenities to the helpful staff.

Recommended for:Business Travelers
  • Crowne Plaza Hotel The Hamilton-Washington DCPro 2014

So - I can't talk about the rate - since I cashed in some points to get a discount...But - I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised.

When I booked the hotel for me and my friends, it only had the option of a King or 2 full size beds, so I was expecting the room to be on the small side. No problem, it is in Downtown DC after all, the White House is practically around the corner. But was I in for a surprise.

One of my friends was actually arriving the day before, staying at another hotel and showing up to this one the day that we were all arriving. I called the hotel the day before arrival asking if my friend could check in before the rest of us got there, since she would already be in town. They said it wouldn't be a problem, as long as there was a room available. They were so accommodating and super friendly.

My friends that were driving into DC picked me up from Dulles and we headed to the hotel. Valet only. Parking was 32 bucks a night plus tax. If you don't have to park or bring a car, I would suggest not too. It's downtown DC. What did you expect?

Starbucks in the lobby. And no - not just Starbucks coffee being "brewed" but an actual Starbucks.

The elevator was mighty small, so I was still thinking our room was going to be as well. We finally get into the room, our friend was already waiting - and she says "welcome to your palace" The room was HUGE. I don't know WHY they wouldn't put in to queen beds. There was PLENTY of room.

A/C with thermostat is in the room. It worked great, but the only thing that sucked, was I was the one in the bed with the vent pointed directly at it. I basically froze most of the night.

Flat screen tv. Marble countertops in the bathroom, tile floor in the bathroom. A nice desk and chair. Decent decor.

Overall, it was more than I expected, which was great. I will definitely think about coming back here the next time I'm in DC.

• Crowne Plaza Hotel The Hamilton-Washington DC
Showing Lowest Prices(Avg. nightly price)

Set in the heart of Washington, this hotel is close to National Museum of Women in the Arts and White House, as well as Ford's Theater. Other attractions include Washington Monument.

Features.
Dining options at Crowne Plaza Hamilton include a restaurant and a bar/lounge. Room service is available during limited hours. Recreational amenities include a fitness facility. This 3.5 star property offers secretarial services and business services. High speed Internet access is available in public areas. Guest parking is available for a surcharge. Additional property amenities include valet parking, a concierge desk, and multilingual staff.

Guestrooms.
There are 318 guestrooms at Crowne Plaza Hamilton. Beds come with pillowtop mattresses and triple sheeting. Bathrooms feature hair dryers. In addition to CD players, guestrooms offer phones with voice mail. Televisions have pay movies. Air conditioned rooms also include desks, coffee/tea makers, and irons/ironing boards. Guests may request wake up calls. Rollaway beds are available on request.

Notifications and Fees:

The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check in, or check out.

• Pet deposit: US$ 250

... read more

Features.

Guestrooms.

Notifications and Fees:

• Pet deposit: US$ 250 per stay

The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.

6 people visited Crowne Plaza Hotel The Hamilton-Washington DC