Cut

3325 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV

• CutPro 2014
    Louisa M.
    4 Jun 24, 2014

As a local and a loyal Delmonico diner for almost 10 years, we decided it was high time we tried CUT: and I really liked it! The food was good, the presentation was imaginative and the service was some of the best at any restaurant I've ever been to. The atmosphere is very modern but not uncomfortable. (Ask for a booth as the regular tables and chairs looked not-so-pleasant).

The prices are pretty high but the quality and presentation makes it (almost) worth it. Don't expect to get out of here without paying at least $200 on a dinner for two. We had 2 appetizers, 2 steaks, 2 sides, 2 glasses of wine and 2 dessert and our total check was around $275.00 (before tip). We didn't go for the crazy expensive meat, just the "regular" filet mignon and bone-in ribeye. The steaks were good and the wood fired cooking gave them a nice flavor. The steaks come with a few different sides of mustards (I've never seen that before at a steakhouse).

As others have noted, I found everything here to be extremely salty. It was like somebody knocked over the salt bowl into the food. I had the squash as a side and it was coated in salt. The steak was crusted with salt. The steaks came out with a small bowl of extra salt and a spoon! The butter for the bread is topped with salt, as is the bread itself (pretzel and foccacia is where it's at, ya'll)! If you are looking for a salt lick, this is the place for you. Next time I am going to ask them to tone down the salt in my food, it was almost unbearable but not to the point of making the food inedible.

The wine list is abysmal but we were told the corkage fee if you bring your own wine is a very steep $50 (that's what the French Laundry in Napa Valley charges)! Luckily there were some good options of wines by the glass -- we opted for the Hall cabernet for $19 a glass. Totally worth it.

Recommended for:FoodiesLuxury Travelers
  • CutPro 2014
    Sara Benson
    5 Oct 16, 2013

One of my favorite steakhouses on the Strip. Unlike those dark stuffy men's clubs that scream 1980s Wall Street, this is a light, LA-inspired dining room with sleek white-leather banquettes and muted contemporary art popping on the walls. Even better is the menu, surprisingly creative for a Wolfgang Puck chain, with chimichurri and Asian fusion sauces, giant-sized potato galette, and excellent rib-eye cuts. Expensive, but we didn't regret dining in the lounge, where we split a few dishes for a full dinner and kept costs down. Oh, excellent New World wine selection, too!

Recommended for:FoodiesLuxury TravelersTrendsters
    Rosemary Tsai
    3 Sep 25, 2012

Let's get started w. my last review from Yelp Elite Spring Break 2012...... wwoohooooooo..... bitter sweet!

Right off the back, OVER THE TOP SERVICE!!!! The service here definitely deserves 5 stars, but not the rest.

The bone marrow with the mushroom thing on the side was SO GOOD! It's nothing you've ever had in your life before. The bread was also toasted perfect, which complement the texture of the bone marrows perfectly. I, however, just eat the bone marrow straight up!

My bf and I also got the ox tail soup..... he says it tastes like something I know how to make.... which is kinda true, except I don't purify my soup @ all. The soup was like 3 stars; nothing spectacular at all.

Steak is next on the menu. We ordered porter house, so that we can share and compare it with the ones we had a Mastro's & Ruth Chris'. I didn't really like it because they let their steak sit. The FOBBINESS in me has to have everything pipping hot to taste fresh and good, so not my kinda stuff. The steak also tastes a little flavorless..... It doesn't have the deep meaty flavor that I excepted and got from Mastro's age beef.

The steak also came with 3 different kind of freshly made mustard, a French sea salt, a hollandaise sauce, and another sauce. I don't know, that's just too many sauce for me to think about with my meat! I just want MEAT and good tasting MEAT, so all those sauce just ain't giving the steak it's day to shine!

On to the sides, we got sauteed mushroom, which is unlike the usual sauteed mushroom you get. The mushroom are wild mushrooms, so it's very different. And, too much butter for me. We also got potatoes as one of our sides, which I had none cause I don't eat pork (sorry to all those I offended).

In summery, VERY FANCY kinda place, VERY OVER THE TOP SERVICE & PRICE TAG. Nonetheless, if it's just about the steak, I would still give the award to Mastro's!

Victor Yu
    5 Sep 15, 2012

My favorite restuarant in Vegas. Fabulous apps, steaks, fish, bread. Amazing! I go after great sessions at the poker table cause it's pricey.

Richard P
    5 Jun 15, 2014

Some friends and I were in Vegas last weekend for Julie V. birthday. We all decided to dine at Cut to celebrate! Cut was a great experience. Probably one of the best steaks I have ever eaten.

Upon arrival we were quickly seated. We have a reservation for 9. The service was great. They are very attentive and helpful. They even took the time to bring out some of their Wagyu Steaks for use to see prior to ordering. They are helpful in explaining the differences in the meat quality.

The food was great. I ordered the American Wagyu Ribeye, which is a hybrid between American Angus beef and Wagyu cattle. The was one minor problem in that some of our steaks were cooked over. We all ordered Medium Rare and a few came out closer to Medium. However our server quickly replaced our steaks with new ones. And to be honest the overcooked steak still tasted great. I seriously contemplated just eating the steak. But ultimately decide to ask for a new one, considering it cost $90. When the replacement came the meat was just delicious!

We also ordered a large selection of sides, which are served family style. I loved the spinach and the onion rings. The only side dish nobody really liked was the Potato Tarte Tatin. It was a bit on the salty side.

Overall great experience. I look forward to dining at Cut in the future. In terms of meat quality, it far surpasses anything I have had. In the future I really want to try their 100% Wagyu Steak.

David L.

Located in Palazzo, this restaurant is a meat lover's paradise. the tables are nicely separated so the noise level is decreased and you don't have to yell to chat with your dining mate(s), unlike many other places in vegas. the service was top notch, with waiters regularly refilling water, drinks, and bread without being obstrusive. the waiter gave great recommendations and explained the different available cuts. we started with a blue crab salad, very tasty but small portion size. we shared a 34 oz. bone in porterhouse wagyu steak. amazing. perfectly cooked at medium (closer to medium rare). it was cut off the bone table side and into small pieces for us on a sizzling plate to keep the meat warm until it was served onto our plates. possibly the best steak i've ever had. had sides of baby artichokes, lemon, rosemary and baby carrots, turnips, radishes, and honey. they have a pretty good wine menu, and i got a glass of red, though honestly i can't remember which. maybe sauvignon blanc from france. the meal overall was excellent. the only downside is the pricetag. the online menu actually doesn't include prices, which is a downer. though i had heard it wasn't going to be cheap, so we were prepared. steaks typically run from $50-60 for non wagyu, to $80-110 for wagyu. i liked this place more than craftsteak and much much better than carnevino... if you have a good day at the craps table, i highly recommend making a stop here before going back out to the tables!

Ori Zaltzman
    5 Oct 29, 2013

Amazing steaks

Recommended for:FoodiesLuxury Travelers
    Chrysanthos Chrysanthou
    4 Nov 28, 2012

Pretty good steak and onion rings :-)

Eunice
    5 Aug 29, 2012

Inside Palazzo. Wolfgang Puck's steakhouse. Best steak I've ever had.

182 people visited Cut