I want to take my mom there for mother's day. Any suggestions?
Trip Plan Details
- Forsyth ParkSavannah, Georgiarecommended Forsyth ParkForsyth is one of America's great city parks. With an expansive, well manicured lawn, tree lined walks and impressive fountains, it is one of the highlights of any trip to Savannah. The main entrance ... read moreto the park is located on Gaston Street and lines up perfectly with Bull Street. Straight ahead is a walkway lined with benches leading toward the main fountain. The fountain is a copy of an identical fixture in Paris. In the center of the park you can see the Confederate Civil War Memorial, which honors the Civil War dead from Georgia. The streets surrounding the park are lined with many fine old mansions.
- Sorrel-Weed House6 West Harris Street, Savannah, GA 31401-4354recommended Sorrel-Weed HouseThe Sorrel-Weed is one of the many fine Savannah mansions that you can tour. During our visit our tour guide taught us about how Savannah survived the Civil War. We were able to see everything from ... read morethe opulent living and dining rooms to the slave quarters. She even dished on the gossip of the Sorrel family. In the evenings the Sorrel-Weed House is one of the stops on the many ghost tours of Savannah.
- The Olde Pink House23 Abercorn Street, Savannah, GArecommended The Olde Pink HouseWe visited the Olde Pink House by recommendation on our honeymoon and it was definitely worth the trip. Set in an 18th century mansion not far from River Street, the Olde Pink House serves up many ... read morelocal favorites, including fried green tomatoes and she-crab soup. The rooms are all still decorated in Victorian style with chandeliers and paintings everywhere.
- Vic's on the River26 E Bay St, Savannah, GA 31401recommended Vic's on the RiverA visit to Savannah is not complete without a trip to the riverfront, and Vic's on the River provides a fine dining experience with a Southern feel. The lofty-ceiling dining room boasts large window, ... read morechandeliers, and a piano. The menu features some classic southern dishes including variations on fried green tomatoes, shrimp and grits, and crabcakes. Open for lunch and dinner--reservations recommended. Lunch runs about $8-$12 for sandwiches and $12-$14 for entrees. Dinner entrees range from $22-30. Wine list is great too.Recommended for:Luxury TravelersMeg Brooker
Definitely reserve for mother's day!
- Hamilton-Turner Inn330 Abercorn Street, Savannah, GA 31401recommended Hamilton-Turner InnThe Hamilton-Turner Inn has that deep, old-South feel--ornate, elegant, and stately. Located in the historic district, this a a great place to see the city. Breakfast is decadent and the rooms evoke ... read moreluxury and romance.Recommended for:Luxury TravelersMeg Brooker
Worth a visit for a romantic view of the past--
- Pirates' House Restaurant20 E Broad St, Savannah, GA 31401recommended Pirates' House RestaurantI have such great memories of this place. Granted, it has been a while since I was there but I still treasure (no pun intended) the times that I came here with my family. It's got it all: history, ... read moregood food, and pirates.