Dar Cherait Hotel
Member Reviews (1)
- Dar Cherait HotelMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsLocal CultureFoodies+ 4First to ReviewJun 02, 2013
This is a charming property. Architecturally, the property is attractive and has a very Tunisian feel to it. The public spaces are decorated in a lavish traditional style -- domed ceiling, wood carvings, lamps, oil paintings and heavy fabrics. The interior offers great photo opportunities. The pool and spa are also attractive and the poolside has very comfortable canopied day beds which are a nice place to escape the heat.
This is definitely a nice place to stay for a unique experience that feels Tunisian; however, we didn't find it to be a good place for an extended stay and actually checked out a day early.
Key reasons were:
- beds were uncomfortable. Blankets were itchy and the mattresses were hard. This is definitely not the kind of place where you want to sleep in
- public spaces were not well air conditioned and were quite hot (note: we were there in July). This made it hard to enjoy the indoor spaces as it was actually cooler outside
- the property is for the most part attractive but has a lot of tacky statuary which cheapens the atmosphere
- a bit pricey. For a similar price, it is possible to have a much more comfortable experience elsewhere
Free wi-fi is available in the main lobby. It was slow but functional (I could even use Skype). Electrical outlets were limited and not all of them worked. We were unable to consistently charge more than 1 device at a time in our room.
Breakfast is a fairly generous Continental but hot items were not available.