Los Angeles 2012
Who's on this trip?
Trip Plan Details
- Skybar8440 West Sunset Boulevard, West Hollywood, CArecommended SkybarWhile very scene-y and full of some pretty entertaining, stereotypical LA-types - Skybar has the best views anywhere in LA that I can think of. Tip: if you're staying at the Mondrian, it's much easier ... read moreto get in, especially if you are trying to go with a lot of people.Recommended for:Traci
This has the best view of LA, in my opinion!
- Perch 448 South Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90013recommended PerchRecommended for:
- Figueroa Hotel939 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90015recommended Figueroa HotelIt is close to the Staples Center Downtown. It has a big hall in spanish style and rooms in maroquine style. It has a nice swimming pool and open air cafe. The location is good for exploring any part ... read moreof the city. It is a good choice also for prices.Recommended for:Manuela Nadin
It is not a boutique hotel but it is nice and in Downtown with very affordable prices. Have a look
- The Getty Center1200 Getty Center Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90049-1666recommended The Getty CenterIf you only have time for one museum during your visit to LA, consider picking this one. Art + awesome views of the West LA cityscape, especially at sunset, when the white Travertine marble of these ... read moremodernist buildings glows with pastel colors. Admission is free if you come by bus, or pay for parking (no reservations needed). The museum's cafe with panoramic glass windows is not half bad, though it is pricey.
- The Standard Downtown LA550 S Flower St, Los Angeles, CA 90071recommended The Standard Downtown LAPretty much the only boutique hotel in downtown LA (not counting the Japanese-style small hotels in Little Tokyo), the Standard is a tongue-in-cheek, whimsical crash pad for partiers and business ... read moretravelers both. The skyline-view rooftop bar is extremely popular, especially for happy hour and on weekends. Rooms are priced by size (XS to XL) and have artsy, mod touches that are way fun.
- Hotel Angeleno170 North Church Lane, Los Angeles, CA 90049recommended Hotel AngelenoJust off the I-405 Fwy in West LA, this mod renovated circular high-rise hotel is a good base camp if you have a car. It's nearby the Getty Center, and not too far of a drive from the beaches at Santa ... read moreMonica. The rooms are in tip-top shape and noise wasn't a problem, although rates can be sky-high, especially on weekends. The top-floor bar has awesome night view panoramas.Sara Benson
I second Tracy's recommendation if you want to be in west LA close to the Getty Center.recommended Hotel AngelenoI remember driving by here all the time when it used to be a Holiday Inn -- I never stepped inside then but now that Joie de Vivre took over, it's a great hotel. I love when a hotel gives free wifi, ... read moreit's the little things. It's definitely a strange layout with the circular building, but they lay out the rooms well, so you don't feel like your room is an odd shape at all. Great location near the Getty Center and UCLA, and just a short drive to Santa Monica. Really comfy pillowtop mattresses and I loved the pillows (I even tried to figure out who made the pillows so I could buy some!). Service at the front desk is great, everyone is super accommodating and if you stay at the hotel, your first car is free, valet only. They only have 2 elevators, so in the morning when everyone is checking out, there can be a little bit of a wait for the elevator, but that is the only minor thing I could think of that is not great about this place!Recommended for:Traci
Extremely close to the Getty Center -- affordable and I would definitely recommend it! There is also a great restaurant at the top for drinks or breakfast.
- Bradbury Building304 South Broadway, Los Angeles, CA, United States
- Museum of Contemporary Art8687 Melrose Avenue, West Hollywood, CA, United States
- WestwoodWestwood, Los Angeles, CA
- Hollywood Bowl2301 Highland Avenue, Hollywood, CA 90068-2742
- Walt Disney Concert Hall135 North Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, CA
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA)5905 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA, United States
- Downtown Los Angeles202 West 1st Street, Los Angeles, CA, United States