Who's on this trip?
Trip Plan Details
- Monterey Bay Aquarium886 Cannery Row, Monterey, CA 93940-1023recommended Monterey Bay AquariumThis is one of the most amazing aquariums I've ever seen. The pelagic tank with the tuna, sunfish, turtle, and sharks is beautiful. The kelp tank is amazing. Curiously, the aquarium is known for their ... read moreotter rescue program, but their otter display isn't that good. Sometimes I'll see a wild otter lounging in the tide pool.Recommended for:.Comment.over 1 year ago. Report
- Point Lobos State Natural ReservePoint Lobos, Carmel, CA 93923recommended Point Lobos State Natural ReservePoint Lobos is just a few minutes drive south of Carmel on Hwy 1 and is incredibly accessible and easy, even for kids or elderly, with some of the best views of crashing surf, cliffs, and beaches. ... read morePaved trails, short loops, and very easy. Highly recommended!Recommended for:Family Travelers.Comment.over 2 years ago. ReportJosh Goldman
David, take your kids to Point Lobos - you can do it in just an hour or so and the walks are very easy for kids... even stroller-friendly (you didn't say how old your kids are). Very easy to get to from Carmel/Monterey, and you'll all love the views here. Great park!
- Dennis the Menace Park777 Pearl Street, Monterey, CA, United States
- Hotel Pacific300 Pacific Street, Monterey, CA 93940
- Normandy InnAt the corner of Ocean Avenue and Monte Verde Street, Carmel, CA 93921recommended Normandy InnThe Normandy Inn on Ocean in Carmel is cheap and cool, Cont. breakfast, great location, etc.Recommended for:
commented on this trip
Have you been to El Estero Park? You can rent boats on the lake or your kids can burn off steam at the Dennis the Menace playground.
- Monterey Bay Whale Watching Cruises96 Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey, CA 93940-2429
- Carmel Mission3080 Rio Road, Carmel-by-The-Sea, CA 93923
- Chris' Fishing Trips & Whale Watching48 Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey, CA 93940-2429
- Monterey County Youth Museum425 Washington Street, Monterey, CA, United States