Trip Plan Details
- Circo VoadorRua Arcos - Centro, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, Brasilrecommended Circo VoadorGreat shows! Amazing athmosphere in a semi-covered area in vibrant Lapa.Recommended for:pascal cretton
You have to go to Lapa for a party evening! the best evenings are thursday, friday or saturday. Go to Communa do Semente for top level samba!
- Discovery Hostel RioRua Benjamim Constant 26, Catete, Gloria, RJ, 20241-150, Brazilrecommended Discovery Hostel RioAwesome new place with a friendly staff, shiny clean residencies and cool vibeRecommended for:
- Sugar Loaf Mountain (Pao de Acucar)Avenida Pasteur, 520, Rio de Janeiro 22290 Brazilrecommended Sugar Loaf Mountain (Pao de Acucar)A classic Rio de Janeiro site, the Sugar Loaf stands almost 1,300 feet above the Guanabara Bay, giving visitors a spectacular view of the city and the ocean beyond. Two pillbox-shaped cable cars take ... read moreyou to the top (you've got to switch cable cars at a lower peak). They run every 20 minutes from 8am to 8pm daily; ticket prices are around R$45 (adults) and R$22 (kids). The photos I took from the top are still some of my favorites from my first trip to Rio....
- CopacabanaCopacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazilrecommended CopacabanaA famous Brazilian beach, Copacabana is packed during the day with sunworshippers and 'fute volle' players (foot volleyball), who move to it's beachside restaurants as the sun sets.
- Ipanema BeachAvenue Vieira Souto 460, Rio de Janeiro 22420 Brazil
- Ipanema Beach HouseRua Barao da Torre 485, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazilrecommended Ipanema Beach HouseLocated just a couple blocks from one of the best beaches in Rio--Ipanema beach--this hostel has super clean dorms and cozy private rooms too. The vibe is mellow and hip, with travelers from all over ... read morethe world staying here. If you feel like socializing, there are plenty of opportunities--by the pool (it's small but it definitely does the trick on a hot day!), the TV lounge, and the open-air bar. And if you just want to get out and about, the tree-lined neighborhood is filled with cool cafes and bars. And, of course, there's always the beach.