Denver and Surrounds Travel Guide
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Local Culture
- 76%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 76%Adventure Travelers
- 73%Art & Design Lovers
- 65%History Buffs
- 65%Nightlife Lovers
Member Reviews (47)
- Denver and SurroundsMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 2Jan 03, 2014
When I think of Denver the following comes to mind:
* The great outdoors: Rocky Mountains within sight, snow sports, trails, lush forests and quaint towns.
* Denver Broncos: I really want to see a football game here.
* Traffic: It's as bad as Los Angeles in the city center/downtown areas.
* Cool, chill, eclectic, adventurous community
- Denver and SurroundsMember ofFoodiesBackpackersNightlife Lovers+ 1Oct 19, 2013
Often overlooked, my small hometown has much to offer. An eclectic mix of young artists, outdoor enthusiasts, and laid-back liberals makes for an open, friendly environment.
- Denver and SurroundsMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFamily Travelers+ 4Oct 18, 2013
Denver straddles the geographic boundary between the Rocky Mountains and the Great Plains. It was born of the Colorado mining boom during the 1850's and has become the largest city in the Mountain Time Zone. Denver is famous for its view of the mountains and is called the "Mile High City," a name shared by its football stadium. The heart of Denver is LoDo, a small grid of streets surrounding the 16th Street Mall. The area around the state capital is where you'll find the art museums and the Denver Mint.
- Denver and SurroundsMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 5Jan 10, 2013
Denver is booming right now. It's location is stunning at the edge of the Great Plains and Rocky Mountains. The downtown is revitalized with bars, restaurants, entertainment. Unlimited hiking and other outdoor activity like skiing are a short reach from the city.
- Denver and SurroundsMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 5Jan 07, 2013
Just Happens to be one of my favorite cities in the US. Lovely people lots of out door activities nearby. Lots of Traffic as well. The museums are wonderful there are lots of superb eating places. The view of the Mountains and the plains is spectacular.
- Denver and Surrounds
- Denver and SurroundsJul 05, 2012
By far my favorite place to live in the US... I have lived many places in our country and this area has some of the friendliest people, lowest crime rates, better paying jobs and plethora of things to do (regardless if you are a city dweller or love the outdoors!) Many of the people here are very health aware, eating well, exercising, etc.. close to the Rocky Mountains and well educated population.. dont forget the many places to visit like the many breweries, parks, museums, etc...
Weather? Everyone thinks that the winter here must be horrible... It is really quite the opposite, yes, it can be cold, but with the dry air, cold weather does not cut through you like on the eastern states.. when it snows, it usually does not stick around for long, and is sunny in the winter, not grey.. summer is dry air and can be hot, but still nice relative to most of the country.
Trips that include
By Kelly Lees
By Sue Courchene
By Laurie Carle
By Dave K
By Anthony Diamantis