Diddy Riese Cookies

926 Broxton Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90024

Steven Lam
    5 Aug 23, 2014

Cheap cookies and they are good. Worth the drive to come down here when you are driving from san gabriel area. $4 for a dozen of your choice. If you just want something for yourself, you can get an ice cream sandwich and sunday with a cookie for about $2. Can't go wrong but the wait in line is the only thing that you have that is the trouble. Make sure to have at least 30mins on you if you want to try these awesome cookies.

There are paid parking lots or try for the meters.

I got a white chocolate macadamian cookie with butter pecan ice cream with caramel topping. so good.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersLocal CultureStudentsVegetarian
    Jacqueline Rocamora
    2 Jul 31, 2014

One word: OVERRATED.

I honestly don't think Diddy Riese is that great. I lived in Westwood for an entire summer, and just recently moved back to West LA, and I'm pretty sure that I haven't ever felt like I was DYING to go.

WHAT THEY SELL:

- 1 for $0.75
    - 2 for $1.25
    - 6 for $3.75
    - 12 (dozen) for $7.50

7) HAWAIIAN SHAVED ICE (any 3 flavors)
    - all ice = $1
    - with ice cream = $1.50

===========================

Here's the pros + cons:

PROS:
    + CHEAP. I am pretty certain that this is the main reason why Diddy Riese is so popular. Stick a cheap dessert place in a college-infested town, and you've got yourself a million dollar business

+ Decent variety of cookie flavors: choc chip w/walnuts, white choc macadamia nut, peanut butter, double chocolate chip,white chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin nut, chocolate w/white choc, sugar cinnamon, candy, chocolate chip

+ Location: Right in the the middle of Westwood Village

+ Customizable

+ They sell day-old cookies for cheap

CONS:
    - Cookies are nothing special. They're ok, but I don't think they're worth standing in a really long line for

- THE LINE IS ALWAYS LONG. It backs up really far along the sidewalk. The first couple of times I went here, I must have waited at least 20-30 minutes. It's not worth it, in my opinion

- They serve DREYERS ice cream. Why on earth would you pay $1.25-2.25 for 1-3 scoops of DREYERS ice cream?! Just go to Ralphs one block away and buy yourself a whole tub for like $2 more! And they probably have a better selection of flavors than Diddy

===========================

Overall...I think Diddy Riese is totally overhyped. Poor UCLA students are what fund this successful dessert shop. Definitely not worth standing in a long line for. For being someone with a major sweet tooth, I have not been impressed.

Tiffany Cheung
    4 Aug 11, 2014

I've had the privilege of being able to try Diddy Riese's famous cookies, and they definitely are amazing if you are into cookies in general. When I was an undergrad, my apartment complex would have events and a few times they would bring back fresh Diddy Riese cookies for the residents. They were still warm and amazingly soft and melt in your mouth good. And the price is pretty darn cheap, so you won't have to break the bank to get a few cookies!

The chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin are my two favorite cookies, but I have tried the macadamia and white chocolate. If you're at the store, you can also get an ice cream sandwich!

Great place for a cheap snack.

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersBudget TravelersFoodies
    BuzzFeed
    5 Jul 18, 2014

Their ice cream sandwiches are classics for a reason. You may have to wait in line, but it’s totally worth it.

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodies
    Stephanie Romo
    4 Jun 28, 2014

Cookies are definitely good! Ice cream was dreyers- nothing special. Cookies and ice cream all together is very tasty! Definitely a fun place to try out as it is well known.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFamily TravelersFoodiesStudents
    Bailey Ward
    5 May 30, 2014

I went to Ucla. The smell of the baking cookies when walking by at 9 am is incredible! I have many memories of waiting in the crazy line with a bunch of friends after midnight to get our diddly rinse fix! Now no trip back to Westwood is complete without a cookie ice cream sandwich!

Recommended for:StudentsTrendstersBudget Travelers
    Jenn B
    5 Apr 22, 2014

When I reflect on my undergraduate days, Diddy Riese comes to mind. I have fond memories of waiting in line for an ice creak cookie sandwich with friends. The cookies and ice cream aren't fancy, but they still hit the spot. And at less than $2 a pop, you can't complain! I usually buy a box of cookies for the road, and if there are any left by the time I make it back to SF, I make it a point to drop off a cookie or two to fellow bruins who live in the area.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodiesStudents
    Kevin Cheng
    5 Jan 04, 2014

Not gourmet by any means but their cookies sure are tasty and cheap! They also have ice cream sandwiches. My favorite cookie here is the white chocolate macadamia nut, it's perfection.

Recommended for:FoodiesLocal CultureStudents
    Erin K
    5 Dec 29, 2013

I have officially converted to Diddy Riese for all of my ice cream sandwich cravings. Not only are the cookies moist and delicious and the Dreyer's ice cream creamy, but the sandwich only costs $1.75. Ridiculous. There is always a line, but the line moves extremely fast. Try the chocolate chocolate chip cookies with mint chocolate chip ice cream - heavenly.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodiesLocal CultureStudents
    Jennifer Soong
    4 Sep 12, 2013

Every UCLA student has visited this venue at least once in their college career. I feel like Diddy Riese has got its fame by UCLA students for a good reason. Even I who does not have much of a sweet tooth would come in and get something. I love their ice cream sandwiches because of the ridiculously cheap price for such a filling dessert. If you are like me who does not have a sweet tooth, I would suggest strategically making a not so sweet combo when selecting the cookie and ice cream but other than that, I highly suggest stopping by! It also gets pretty crowded at night, specially during the beginning of the quarter when the UCLA students are relatively free with their schedules and craving for some ice cream cookie goodness. One can see the numerous Diddy Riese fans line up along the sidewalk but since the process in ordering and getting your ice cream sandwich made is relatively short, the line isn't too bad!

Erin V
    4 Jun 29, 2014

All my, all my Bruins love me
    You ain't f##king with my Diddy

The name is Erin
    For the dudes who don't know me
    I know I'm from the LB, but I can teach you how to Diddy!
    Step in a long line and figure what you want see
    All the tourists happy, none of them know none of them know me
    I hear the crowd screaming "Aye, get it E!"
    So I'm on my Yelp page and I write real, yo.
    They like "How we do that?" E can really Diddy
    And when that Bruin stop, they like "Diddy some more"
    I'm like just pick two cookies and an ice cream flava yo
    Or pick a shave ice or pass on it bro
    Aye dude behind behind the counter! Show these peeps how to make a ice cream sandwich that we learned too fast and brought it to Westhood
    And he got the whole crew to ask:

All my, all my Bruins love me
    You ain't f##king with my Diddy

Natalie K
    4 Dec 01, 2013

If you're going to be in Westwood or visit UCLA, this is a must try. You can't miss the place because it's right across from the main UCLA campus sign and there is always a huge line regardless of the weather.

Diddy Riese is known for their ice cream sandwiches. They will sell the ice cream and the cookies separately too. You pick 2 cookies and an ice cream flavor for just $1.75. Where else can you get a satisfying treat for less than $2 these days?

I had their white chocolate macadamia cookies with the butter pecan ice cream. The cookie was really good. It was fresh and they definitely did not skimp out on the ingredients. There were tons of white chocolate and macadamia nuts packed into each cookie. The best part is the butter pecan ice cream. It was so creamy with a sweet and salty taste. Needless to say I really enjoyed my order.

You can get cookies to go for $0.35 each. They also have amazing looking brownies for very reasonable prices.

You can try to find parking on the street and feed the meter. There is also a parking lot right next to the place for $5. It seems silly to pay $5 to park in order to buy an ice cream sandwich that costs $1.75 so try to find street parking if you can.

• Diddy Riese CookiesAmbassadorPro 2014
    Sandra Waring
    4 Feb 24, 2013

Freshly baked cookies, ice cream sandwiches for under 2 bucks (Dreyer's Ice Cream). Lines can get crazy, but it moves quick. I definitely stop by here if I'm in the Westwood area.

Ada Li
    5 Feb 03, 2013

Such delicious ice cream cookies (they're big too)! Even with price increases, they're still so cheap! There's a good variety of cookies and ice cream flavors, but I usually end up getting coffee ice cream with white chocolate macademia cookies.

Jessica Y.
    3 Feb 02, 2013

With 2,000+ reviews and 4 1/2 stars (on Yelp), I don't know, maybe I was expecting a miracle and had giant-sized expectations. Definitely overrated?

Diddy's is so hyped in Los Angeles that you could fantasize and virtually build your own ice cream sandwich at the convenience of your own home:
    (I spent a good 13 minutes on this page, damn you...)

Yes, cheap. $1.75 for an ice cream sammie, but that comes with an out-the-door long line (about 20-30 minutes, i'm sure longer on some days). Workers constantly refill the cookie station with fresh cookies, which I appreciated.

The cookies were expected room temperature to hold up as a sandwich, but my white chocolate chip macadamia and oatmeal raisin were just standard-ass cookies. If I baked cookies out of store-bought, pre-made batter, it would be pretty difficult to tell the difference between that and Diddy's.

Their "premium" ice cream they talk about is... *drumroll*.... DREYERS
    Seriously, am I missing something? Fill me in, bro.

Happy that J stuffed me with food and pushed me to experience this quintessential westside favorite; also checked off my bookmark list, I suppose.
    It's a pretty good value overall, but this is trickery, Diddy....

Muy S
    3 Jan 12, 2014

The only reason I ever bought Diddy Riese is because it was dirt cheap. When I first heard of Diddy Riese, I remember the ice cream sandwiches being a dollar. Now THAT was worth it. They were not awesome, too sweet actually, but it was so cheap there was nothing to complain about.

Now that prices everywhere have gone up, and the ice cream sandwiches are $1.75, I don't care anymore for the hard and overly sweet cookies. It's an average ice cream sandwich. I get grossed out by the sugar. Maybe I'm just getting old!!!

I also tried the brownie recently, and no good. Chewy in a weird way. Chocolatey rich and dense brownies is the way to go.

Faiza Mokhtar
    5 Dec 07, 2012

Definitely the best ice cream cookie sandwiches ever! It's very cheap the only downside is that everyone else loves it so there is always a line out the door!

C. Wylie
    5 Dec 03, 2012

Hands down the best ice cream sandwiches at the best price. They let you mix and match your cookies!

Susan Lee
    5 Dec 01, 2012

The fresh baked cookie smell travels down the block and draws you in. At less than $2 for an ice cream cookie sandwich, you cannot go wrong at Diddy Riese. Mix and match your favorite ice cream and cookies (you can even get two different cookies for your sandwich). If you want to skip the ice cream, you can still buy the cookies by themself for really cheap.

Albert Qian
    5 Nov 16, 2012

I came here in 2005 when I was at UCLA for an art program. Diddy Riese is a cookie place in Westwood right off of UCLA. For cookies this place is amazing, but come early: There's a line out the door waiting for you.

5,504 people visited Diddy Riese Cookies