Diddy Riese Cookies

926 Broxton Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90024

Bailey Ward
    5 May 30, 2014

I went to Ucla. The smell of the baking cookies when walking by at 9 am is incredible! I have many memories of waiting in the crazy line with a bunch of friends after midnight to get our diddly rinse fix! Now no trip back to Westwood is complete without a cookie ice cream sandwich!

Recommended for:StudentsTrendstersBudget Travelers
    Jenn B
    5 Apr 22, 2014

When I reflect on my undergraduate days, Diddy Riese comes to mind. I have fond memories of waiting in line for an ice creak cookie sandwich with friends. The cookies and ice cream aren't fancy, but they still hit the spot. And at less than $2 a pop, you can't complain! I usually buy a box of cookies for the road, and if there are any left by the time I make it back to SF, I make it a point to drop off a cookie or two to fellow bruins who live in the area.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodiesStudents
    Kevin Cheng
    5 Jan 04, 2014

Not gourmet by any means but their cookies sure are tasty and cheap! They also have ice cream sandwiches. My favorite cookie here is the white chocolate macadamia nut, it's perfection.

Recommended for:FoodiesLocal CultureStudents
    Erin K
    5 Dec 29, 2013

I have officially converted to Diddy Riese for all of my ice cream sandwich cravings. Not only are the cookies moist and delicious and the Dreyer's ice cream creamy, but the sandwich only costs $1.75. Ridiculous. There is always a line, but the line moves extremely fast. Try the chocolate chocolate chip cookies with mint chocolate chip ice cream - heavenly.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodiesLocal CultureStudents
    Stephanie Romo
    4 Jun 28, 2014

Cookies are definitely good! Ice cream was dreyers- nothing special. Cookies and ice cream all together is very tasty! Definitely a fun place to try out as it is well known.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFamily TravelersFoodiesStudents
    Emon Tjokro
    4 Dec 25, 2013
    Recommended for:Family TravelersStudentsBackpackers
    BuzzFeed
    5 Jul 18, 2014

Their ice cream sandwiches are classics for a reason. You may have to wait in line, but it’s totally worth it.

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodies
    Jade
    4 Mar 01, 2014

Chocolate chip

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFamily TravelersFoodiesNightlife Lovers
    Jennifer Soong
    4 Sep 12, 2013

Every UCLA student has visited this venue at least once in their college career. I feel like Diddy Riese has got its fame by UCLA students for a good reason. Even I who does not have much of a sweet tooth would come in and get something. I love their ice cream sandwiches because of the ridiculously cheap price for such a filling dessert. If you are like me who does not have a sweet tooth, I would suggest strategically making a not so sweet combo when selecting the cookie and ice cream but other than that, I highly suggest stopping by! It also gets pretty crowded at night, specially during the beginning of the quarter when the UCLA students are relatively free with their schedules and craving for some ice cream cookie goodness. One can see the numerous Diddy Riese fans line up along the sidewalk but since the process in ordering and getting your ice cream sandwich made is relatively short, the line isn't too bad!

Erin V
    4 Jun 29, 2014

All my, all my Bruins love me
    You ain't f##king with my Diddy

The name is Erin
    For the dudes who don't know me
    I know I'm from the LB, but I can teach you how to Diddy!
    Step in a long line and figure what you want see
    All the tourists happy, none of them know none of them know me
    I hear the crowd screaming "Aye, get it E!"
    So I'm on my Yelp page and I write real, yo.
    They like "How we do that?" E can really Diddy
    And when that Bruin stop, they like "Diddy some more"
    I'm like just pick two cookies and an ice cream flava yo
    Or pick a shave ice or pass on it bro
    Aye dude behind behind the counter! Show these peeps how to make a ice cream sandwich that we learned too fast and brought it to Westhood
    And he got the whole crew to ask:

All my, all my Bruins love me
    You ain't f##king with my Diddy

Natalie K
    4 Dec 01, 2013

If you're going to be in Westwood or visit UCLA, this is a must try. You can't miss the place because it's right across from the main UCLA campus sign and there is always a huge line regardless of the weather.

Diddy Riese is known for their ice cream sandwiches. They will sell the ice cream and the cookies separately too. You pick 2 cookies and an ice cream flavor for just $1.75. Where else can you get a satisfying treat for less than $2 these days?

I had their white chocolate macadamia cookies with the butter pecan ice cream. The cookie was really good. It was fresh and they definitely did not skimp out on the ingredients. There were tons of white chocolate and macadamia nuts packed into each cookie. The best part is the butter pecan ice cream. It was so creamy with a sweet and salty taste. Needless to say I really enjoyed my order.

You can get cookies to go for $0.35 each. They also have amazing looking brownies for very reasonable prices.

You can try to find parking on the street and feed the meter. There is also a parking lot right next to the place for $5. It seems silly to pay $5 to park in order to buy an ice cream sandwich that costs $1.75 so try to find street parking if you can.

• Diddy Riese CookiesAmbassadorPro 2014
    Sandra Waring
    4 Feb 24, 2013

Freshly baked cookies, ice cream sandwiches for under 2 bucks (Dreyer's Ice Cream). Lines can get crazy, but it moves quick. I definitely stop by here if I'm in the Westwood area.

Ada Li
    5 Feb 03, 2013

Such delicious ice cream cookies (they're big too)! Even with price increases, they're still so cheap! There's a good variety of cookies and ice cream flavors, but I usually end up getting coffee ice cream with white chocolate macademia cookies.

Jessica Y.
    3 Feb 02, 2013

With 2,000+ reviews and 4 1/2 stars (on Yelp), I don't know, maybe I was expecting a miracle and had giant-sized expectations. Definitely overrated?

Diddy's is so hyped in Los Angeles that you could fantasize and virtually build your own ice cream sandwich at the convenience of your own home:
    (I spent a good 13 minutes on this page, damn you...)

Yes, cheap. $1.75 for an ice cream sammie, but that comes with an out-the-door long line (about 20-30 minutes, i'm sure longer on some days). Workers constantly refill the cookie station with fresh cookies, which I appreciated.

The cookies were expected room temperature to hold up as a sandwich, but my white chocolate chip macadamia and oatmeal raisin were just standard-ass cookies. If I baked cookies out of store-bought, pre-made batter, it would be pretty difficult to tell the difference between that and Diddy's.

Their "premium" ice cream they talk about is... *drumroll*.... DREYERS
    Seriously, am I missing something? Fill me in, bro.

Happy that J stuffed me with food and pushed me to experience this quintessential westside favorite; also checked off my bookmark list, I suppose.
    It's a pretty good value overall, but this is trickery, Diddy....

Muy S
    3 Jan 12, 2014

The only reason I ever bought Diddy Riese is because it was dirt cheap. When I first heard of Diddy Riese, I remember the ice cream sandwiches being a dollar. Now THAT was worth it. They were not awesome, too sweet actually, but it was so cheap there was nothing to complain about.

Now that prices everywhere have gone up, and the ice cream sandwiches are $1.75, I don't care anymore for the hard and overly sweet cookies. It's an average ice cream sandwich. I get grossed out by the sugar. Maybe I'm just getting old!!!

I also tried the brownie recently, and no good. Chewy in a weird way. Chocolatey rich and dense brownies is the way to go.

Faiza Mokhtar
    5 Dec 07, 2012

Definitely the best ice cream cookie sandwiches ever! It's very cheap the only downside is that everyone else loves it so there is always a line out the door!

C. Wylie
    5 Dec 03, 2012

Hands down the best ice cream sandwiches at the best price. They let you mix and match your cookies!

Susan Lee
    5 Dec 01, 2012

The fresh baked cookie smell travels down the block and draws you in. At less than $2 for an ice cream cookie sandwich, you cannot go wrong at Diddy Riese. Mix and match your favorite ice cream and cookies (you can even get two different cookies for your sandwich). If you want to skip the ice cream, you can still buy the cookies by themself for really cheap.

Albert Qian
    5 Nov 16, 2012

I came here in 2005 when I was at UCLA for an art program. Diddy Riese is a cookie place in Westwood right off of UCLA. For cookies this place is amazing, but come early: There's a line out the door waiting for you.

Mmarthie
    5 Oct 20, 2012

Low on money and want a delicious treat? Or perhaps you got a chunk of change and want to get rid of it? Well, treat yourself to delicious cookies and ice cream!

Oh the delights of living in Westwood. During my undergraduate years, my friends and I would drop by Diddy Reese just for a sweet treat. Diddy Reese has an assortment of cookies from chocolate chip, peanut butter, to oatmeal raisin cookies, with the simple yet traditional icecream flavors available. If you rather have brownies, no fear, they are here.

The line, which is almost always existent at this little cookie bakery, is worth the wait. And if you're definitely in Westwood, you have to at least try it out. Word is that their famous traditional cookie ice cream sandwiches are now $1.50. Back in the day, they were simply a buck. But hey, I'd still pay the extra 50 cents!

Btw: parking is almost always difficult in Westwood. If you come by before 6pm, park in the parking garage down the street. It's right across an outdoor pay for parking lot. (If you need more landmarks to help figure out where this parking lot is, it's right across Daphne's and Ami's sushi.) It's free the first 2 hours, as long as you get in before 6 pm!

5,475 people visited Diddy Riese Cookies