Din Tai Fung (鼎泰豐)

Spiritual Seekers

• Din Tai Fung (鼎泰豐)Pro 2014
    Trina D.
    5 Aug 14, 2014

So I finally popped my Din Tai Fung XLB cherry. That's right, folks; I've never been to a Din Tai Fung until arriving in Bellevue, Washington, of all places. Yeah, I know they have 2 locations in California with a 3rd, opening up soon in Orange County. I'm not a very patient person so when people tell me there's up to a two hour wait, I'm not really interested unless I'm hanging out with a party of 10 people or more. But I digress. My friend, Joa K., and I arrived shortly before 11 am at the Bellevue location of Din Tai Fung. There was a line already. There were about 4 other parties before ours and you could see the kitchen staff frantically making dumplings through the glass window. That's a pretty cool feature of this restaurant. You can watch them make the dumplings by hand!

As soon as the doors opened, they started asking about everyone's party size. One lady had been in line since 10:30 am and she had a party of 10. Unfortunately, they told her that 8 out of 10 had to be present in order to seat them. She didn't have that many people with her. D'oh! Since it was just Joa and I, we were seated immediately in the back room which is set aside from the main dining area. It's also a bit quieter. Our waitress was really friendly and let us peruse the menu while she took our drink orders. We asked for a round of waters and I ordered a green milk tea. Then we marked up our menu for what items we wanted. We had an order of juicy pork soup dumplings, truffle dumplings, spicy shrimp & pork wontons, and sauteed green beans.

Then they started bringing it out. Our waitress recommended that we have the truffle dumplings first which was a great treat. One order only has 5 but they are so juicy and full of truffle flavor that you might be tempted to order another batch. Be forewarned that they take at least 15 minutes for them to make though. That's why it came out first because the rest followed soon after. The juicy pork dumplings came out along with the spicy shrimp & pork wontons. Then they brought out the crispy, perfectly cooked green beans. Between the two of us, we were quite stuffed. Everything was delicious and I still dream of those truffle dumplings. I can't wait to go to the one that opens up near me.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodiesLocal CultureSpiritual Seekers
    Nikole Matson
    5 May 31, 2014

I LOVE DIN TAI FUNG! This is seriously amazing! It is one of my favorite places to go! My favorite is the juicy pork dumplings and the fried noodles!

Recommended for:FoodiesLocal CultureTrendstersFamily Travelers
    Cindy Chen
    4 Jan 02, 2014

When they first opened, they had a few bugs in their service and their food items.

Things have improved SO much in the past years that it's now definitely as yummy as the LA locations. Not quite yet Taiwan level but I have no doubt they will get there!

Remember though that portions are small and the prices are high, so, it's on the high side of the price tag when it comes to Asian cuisine options. But the food is amazing so you just gotta go! :)

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodiesTrendsters
    Angela M
    5 Jun 27, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised. It's in a mall....in Bellevue.....and always has an hour wait.....BUT, I've never been disappointed! They are opening up a 2nd location in the University Village. Can't wait!

• Din Tai Fung (鼎泰豐)AmbassadorPro 2014
    Sophia Aduana
    5 Jan 09, 2013

I got so excited that a Din Tai Fung location was nearby while driving through to Vancouver. I have only been to one other location in Shanghai (where the soup dumpling reigns) and did not notice any significant difference in the quality or its nom factor. This location is actually better in terms of educating newbies on the glory that is xiao long bao and how to eat it. This a great establishment originally from Taiwan and Bellevue is so lucky to have one!

Trisha Okubo
    5 Sep 07, 2012

Get the juicy pork soup dumplings. The spicy sesame noodles, and the sesame dumplings. All are worth the wait.

Elena Blume
    4 Aug 03, 2012

Din Tai Fung is a fun Restaurant located just down the escalators and elevators from Lincoln Cinemas! It is a short walk from the Hyatt! Looking for some dumplings? This is the place. Spend a few short moments in a fast moving waiting line while you watch them cooking all the dumplings right through the window. The restaurant is a destination in itself. No need for entertainment as you watch the chefs all preparing the dumplings!

David L.

I never get tired of eating here. Of the worldwide locations, this is one of my favorites. The food is about the same everywhere, but the service here is outstanding. And it is the only location that actually has a bar. It is located in the upscale Lincoln center next to Bell Sq mall. Be sure to get the shanghai dumplings, but everything is good in general such as spicy dumplings, pork cutlet fried rice, etc...

Recommended for:Luxury Travelers
    Rachel Popkin
    4 Jan 25, 2013
    Ann Ani Hung
    4 Oct 11, 2013

2,954 people visited Din Tai Fung (鼎泰豐)