Dio Deka

• Dio DekaPro 2014
    Owie
    • Outdoor Enthusiasts
    4 Mar 07, 2014

As promised, after a sad documentary movie that I would be rewarded with a delightful dinner at Dio Deka.

We were promptly situated near the corner of the restaurant along a thin barrier overlooking the bar. Taking our time studying the menus, we started off with the grilled octopus in romesco sauce, lemon vinaigrette and grated hazelnuts. Tiny portion was not enough to share in my opinion. Skip it!

Onto our main entree was the stunning Arni Kotsi lamb shank braised in egg lemon sauce cheesy polenta, green bean salad, and preserved lemon. I really liked the consistency of the polenta, but the lamb shank was just as amazing.

One of my favorite Greek casserole is the Moussaka. Exotically spiced, incorporated with ground lamb, eggplant, potato and topped with layers of creamy, cheesy b├ęchamel crust. No wonder why I love eating mushy food. It was incredibly delicious.

With immaculate service as far as dining goes, I wish they didn't sat us close to the bar because they were obnoxiously loud and annoying. Other than that, it was a very satisfying supper on a lovely weekday in Los Gatos.

The simple things in life.

Recommended for:Business TravelersFoodiesLuxury TravelersNightlife Lovers
  • Dio DekaPro 2014
    Caroline Carlos
    4 Jul 22, 2013

You walk in and you instantly feel like you want to be on good behavior. The lights are dim, the atmosphere is of the tranquil, hush-hush sort -- perhaps because so many couples abound? Can't fault the menu or the libations, though - it's all good, and all very nicely presented. If you're still looking to stay out after dinner, downtown LG is a mere hop, skip, and jump away.

Philipp S
    4 Mar 31, 2013

15/20; Food 8/10, Ambience 3/5, Service 4/5. First time that I've encountered a Greek restaurant with a Michelin star - if the food is this good at any others, I hope that list gets longer. Clearly very popular - it was filled to the brim throughout our long stay in their neutrally decorated space bordered by a long kitchen counter. This didn't stop the busy wait staff from meeting our every need with gusto and efficiency. Highlights for me included a delicious take on brussel sprouts -crispy with cheese- and their exquisite signature lamb chops, which were as juicy and flavourful as one could ever dream of. Everything else I tried was also very good. Loved it and definitely recommend.

Eunice
    4 Aug 25, 2012

Great ancient greek cuisine in the ever so lovely Los Gatos. Amazing wine selection.

Diego Sbirziola
    5 Jul 21, 2012
    Lisa Radloff

Great ambiance. Delicious, but pricey food. I'll go again to see if it's worth it.