Disneyland

1040 W Ball Rd Anaheim, California 92802, USA

Verlisia
    4 May 25, 2014

It's Disneyland in Sunny California! Not quite as amazing as the Disney World in Orlando but hey, it's the perfect size if you just want to spend a day in a theme park.

Megan Dyck
    5 May 25, 2014

The best place ever to visit and explore. Lots of awesome sights and great food that is both healthy and delicious and leaves you satisfied!!

Rhia R.
    5 Nov 01, 2013

There really isn't anything else like a Disney resort to bring out the kid in you. It's been years between my most recent and last visits here, so it was great seeing both old and new attractions. Very difficult to come across an unhappy face around the park. After running one of their 5k marathons, my friend and I enjoyed breakfast at the Carnation Cafe. Made sure that I got my Mickey waffle fix, and I sure did. The rest of the day was spent walking around and going on as many rides as possible. Fast passes are almost always a must if you plan on trying to catch Space Mountain. I honestly don't think I can ever outgrow Disneyland, not that I ever wanted to.

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersFamily TravelersFoodiesLocal Culture
  • DisneylandAmbassadorPro 2014
    Becky Mahan
    5 Oct 28, 2013

It's my happy place, what can I say?! My favorite getaway when being an adult wears me down too much, and I just want to return to simpler times, happy memories, and be a kid for a day. I have got to stay away from the shops though, or I'll max out my credit card - they have the CUTEST things, but just too expensive! Go during the week in off season (not during summer, spring break, or around the holidays...which basically leaves the most random Wednesday in September you can find) and stay from open to close to get everything out of it you can. Already planning my next trip...

P.S. It's worth the time to research secondhand purchases -- buying tickets for face value at the park is the most expensive way to go. You can find tons of people who have made it a small business to resell tickets, but be very careful about them - if they're on Ebay, carefully read every review of previous customers (and make sure they don't have a drop-off curfew). I have purchased tickets from people like this before, though, and haven't had any problems. Good luck!

Recommended for:Family TravelersStudents
  • DisneylandPro 2014
    Kat Von B (Travelinggreek)
    5 Oct 17, 2013

I grew up half a mile away from the park and am still in love with it.
    It is truly "The Happiest Place On Earth"!
    The rides...the food and Mickey Mouse.
    Perfection!!

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodiesLocal CultureLuxury Travelers
    Devon
    5 Oct 12, 2013

Do you need a review for Disneyland? It's overpriced, this we know, but it's still a magical world. Must go for any tourist.

Recommended for:Family TravelersStudents
    Jaak Treiman
    5 Oct 07, 2013

It's expensive. It's crowded. The food is barely mediocre. But, corporate maximizing of shareholder profit hasn't quite destroyed Walt Disney's vision of the happiest place on earth - especially for kids. Just watching kids from 3 to 93 bedazzled by the rides and the surroundings makes one forget (mostly) all the negatives.

Recommended for:Family TravelersLocal Culture
    Peter P
    4 Sep 27, 2013

If you love Disney, you'll want to know where this is. We prefer the beach, but it's your vacation!!

Penny L
    5 Sep 23, 2013

Disneyland and California Adventure are a must to see while visiting in California!!! Micky and Minnie are waiting for you!!!

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersFamily Travelers
    Sara Benson
    3 Sep 13, 2013

They say Disneyland is for everyone - grandparents, kids, even honeymooners. But I guess it just wasn't for me. The themed rides are mostly silly, and are designed to amuse a teenager, but not adults. The optical illusion of Main Street USA and Cinderella's castle is cool, and so are the historical displays on the evolution of animation and the theme park itself. But waiting in long lines for short rides on a blazingly hot SoCal day is something I'm never looking forward to doing again.

Travis Katz
    4 Sep 13, 2013

We took my 2 kids here this weekend for my daughter's 5th birthday, and they loved it. Sure, the crowds are terrible. Sure, the place sucks money out of your wallet like a vacuum cleaner. But the experience is magical. The kids were in heaven. My top picks for little ones: Peter Pan, Dumbo, Jungle Cruise, Its a Small World.

travel33
    5 Oct 27, 2013

This is the original Disneyland! Nothing can compare to it. My favorite time to go is during Christmas. The holiday decorations are awesome! The other thing I should point out is if you come during halloween, the Haunted House has a Nightmare Before Christmas theme which is really, really worth seeing.

Though I take having Disneyland close by for granted, I do feel lucky that I've been able to go so many times throughout my life. I wish all kids (and adults) can experience Disneyland at least once in their lifetime.

Fro
    5 Sep 13, 2013

Disneyland is and will always be the happiest place on earth! Heck! For any age, young or old, in one way or another, you'll LOVE it! The one place that brings back all those memories when you were a kid and watching all of those Disney shows and movies. It's the place you can actually enjoy some good quality time with friends, families, or a significant other at any given day of the year!! Of course, possibly spot a celebrity within earshot and take a quick picture all in one place...Disneyland!

Disneyland has the classic rides such as Peter Pan's flight, Indiana Jones Adventure, Pirates of the Caribbean (before they really turned it into a movie), Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Matterhorn Bobsleds (even though the ride seems to malfunction all the time), It's a small world (afterall.....end of the ride, you'll probably be able to speak many languages), etc.

Disneyland offers amazing shows such as Fantasmic!, Sounds of Disney Parade, Musicals, Fireworks show above the Disney Castle, and plenty more.

Disneyland is a bit of a rip off but so worth it in the end! You can't find anywhere else to purchase Mickey Mouse ears with your named engraved, eat junk food such as their Mickey Mouse Pretzels (yes they shape it into Mickey Mouse), shops galore at the Disneyland Main Street Emporium, etc.

Disneyland is and forever will be MAGICAL in my eyes. If you're a Disney enthusiast, go find the hidden Mickeys. It's hard to locate each one inside the park. Trust me, I tried. Too bad Walt Disney himself couldn't build it halfway between NorCal and Socal but it's worth the trip!

Quick tip: You should definitely get FAST PASS. Make sure to carry bottled water. Prepare yourself for tired feet and crying kids. Spend as much time as you can before the park closes.

In the end.....you will be the happiest "kid" on earth!

Bernard Moon
    5 Sep 13, 2013

Our 3 year olds loved it. They must pump some gas into the air that makes kids go bonkers at Disneyland for every ride, show, toy, horse, food and foundation. I hated it after the long day, so the compromise is coming back in a year.

Erin K
    4 Sep 13, 2013

What's not to love about Disneyland? It is truly the happiest place on Earth, though I have yet to make it to Disneyworld, which I've heard is even happier. The rides here are definitely geared towards younger children so there aren't as many big roller coasters, but anyone can have a good time here. I went over Thanksgiving, and they have a special buffet dinner that was absolutely incredible (and delicious)...the tables of food went on for miles! It's clear that people make coming to Disneyland a Thanksgiving tradition as well, since the park was still packed and some visitors were even decked out in T-giving-inspired apparel.

Armando Lopez
    4 Sep 13, 2013

A wonderful place for kids and family. Lots of fun rides and atractons. The only down side is everything is so dang expensive.

Katie Kline
    4 Sep 13, 2013

We love Disneyland. They have attractions for every age group and the staff is incredible. The only downfall is the prices for food. It is a little rediculous how much they charge - for a family of 4 we paid $55 for dinner which consisted of 3 slices of pizza, 3 drinks, one side salad, and a kids meal. We all thought that was pretty expensive considering the food was consistent of cafeteria food.

Debbie Lozner
    3 Sep 13, 2013

I know I know everyone love's Disneyland....my daughter (11) was in heaven. What can I say? it just isn't my thing. Getting a little tired of attractions....fantasizing about putting my toes in the ocean and taking a simple walk where I can't see all the excess....
    It was an easy drive in from San Diego. A lovely one on the 15 through desert...and also a lovely one along the Ocean on the 1. 90 minutes.
    We went in March. No lines ups which made the whole experience fun. My fave was probably the parade at closing. Wondrous and very Disney. Also found that the gift stores had some nice tasteful souvenirs which you have to buy if you make it to Disney.
    If you have kids GO. Meanwhile I think my 14 yr old son might have found it a bit on the young side.
    We were only there for a day which was not enough. We could only do one park and chose the Disneyland one. We never made it to California Adventure.

Hilda Tjokro
    5 Sep 13, 2013

Me and my family comes here at least 4 times a year and we always have a great time. This place can be really packed during summer and impossible to take any ride.

The Cultureur

Happiest Place on Earth?

Indeed it is. It is so wonderful to see children and adults alike with ear-to-ear smiles on their faces as they parade down the walkways of Disneyland. I just re-visted Disneyland last week after 8 years and realized how just being there made me so happy. The contagious energy and pervasively positive vibes are definitely unparalleled. When one thinks of things to do in Orange County, Disneyland is definitely at the top of the list, and for good reason. I don't think any other theme park can match the extravaganza and activities of Disneyland. Prices have definitely gone up exponentially from my last visit, but it's worth it. And if you're in the area for an extended period of time, I would highly recommend looking into the annual pass -- you will save a ton of money and be able to visit whenever you want, depending on the type of pass you elect. And I would highly suggest going during off-season months to maximize your visit and day at the park. I remember going during summer time, weekends, and holiday breaks and standing in line for hours for a short 2-minute ride. And yes, it's worth it, but still not fun having to move an inch a minute. We went during the month of October on a Wednesday, when all the little kiddos were at school and all that were left were big kids and tourists. We visited all the big rides like Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones, Space Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain about 5 times each with a 5-minute wait on average. I would also highly recommend staying for the nightly character parade and fireworks. They are a stunning display of the creativity that resonates within the magical kingdom of Disney! And lastly, I recommend that everyone take the train around the park - either in the beginning before you begin your magical journey or at the end when your feet are sore and tired from the day. You enter a beautiful passageway that not only takes you around the entire park, but also offers breathtaking views of the surrounding area and the depths of Orange County. If you take the train all the way around, you can even enter simulated conditions of Jurassic Park and the Grand Canyon.

159,426 people visited Disneyland

Guests of all ages are enthralled by this whimsical, magical land of make believe. Mickey, Minnie, Cinderella and all your Disney favorite characters come to life here in 8 extravagantly themed lands: Main Street, U.S.A., Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, Mickey's Toontown, Frontierland, Critter Country, New Orleans Square and Adventureland. Sail with pirates, explore exotic jungles, meet fairy-tale ... read more
princesses, dive under the ocean and rocket through the stars on the most popular ride in the entire park: Space Mountain.
There are rides galore. Get your adrenaline flowing on Disneyland's incredible roller coasters (like Space Mountain), bobsled down an icy mountain, see the whole park on the giant Ferris wheel, Mickey's Fun Wheel. But there are more than rides. Stroll down Main Street. Check out fireworks, live shows, parades, and nighttime spectacles. Dine in one of many restaurants and cafes.

Tropicana Inn