Dolphin Explorer

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

• Dolphin Explorer

i went there and i bought the DVD. But it is empty. i want to contact them. the site is unavabile. i don't have an e-mail or the phone number. if you had it or if you can contact DolphinExplorer, please tell them. we were there on 6 of February. the names of the dolphins are Dali and Vincent. my e-mail is mariana.murgociu@yahoo.com. i hope you can help me. it was fantastic but i don't like that i paid for the DVD and now it is empty.

• Dolphin Explorer

All of the all-inclusive resorts in Punta Cana sell tickets to Dolphin Explorer on-site. If you're an indie traveler--or just want to book independently--you can reserve online: http://www.dolphinexplorer.com.do/reserve.html.

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersFamily TravelersOutdoor Enthusiasts
  • Dolphin Explorer

If swimming with dolphins is anywhere on your ultimate bucket list, Punta Cana's Dolphin Explorer is an ideal place to get in the warm Caribbean waters with the park's 20 majestic porpoises. The unique wildlife park also boasts a pristine stretch of beach, which is lovely to explore after a dolphin encounter. After an adrenaline-spiked swim with the dolphins, guests can stroll around the shady beach or opt for another aquatic adventure, like snorkeling with nurse sharks, stingrays or a popular children's favorite—fur seals.There are also two Bengal tigers, exotic birds and a 20-minute seal show (akin to traditional Sea World shows) to round out the family-friendly atmosphere.

Recommended for:Family TravelersOutdoor Enthusiasts
  • Dolphin Explorer

Fun is the name of the game; however, you will be able to learn facts about dolphin anatomy as well as useful tips on conservation.

• Dolphin Explorer

We Were picked up from the hotel at 9.25 by the dolphin explorer bus.... on arrival we were given a video of the expectations of the experience 1st we were taken to meet and greet a sea lion nathan and mitchel had a photo taken... we were then taken to a place where the boys could change and collect there life jackets...the beach area was idyllic mick and i took some lovely pictures.  We were taken to where the boys enjoyed their dolphin experience maraca and maya the dolphins and gayle + zoe the trainers.. after this we were given a seal lion show and a parrot  show a jam packed trip... we then went to get the boys photos which we could pay for as they delivered them to our hotel 10.15 next day. A fantastic trip

• Dolphin Explorer

These other reviews must have been written by employees of Dolphin Explorer, because that was not my experience at all. The entire experience was extremely unorganized and took a whopping 7 hours total for a 30 minute swim. The staff was numerous, but not helpful at any time. They shuffled you around aimlessly while you had the joy of sitting in the sun. On top of that, they stole from my wallet while I was swimming with the dolphin. Read some of the other reviews on trip sites to get a more realistic picture of this place.

• Dolphin ExplorerPro 2014

I'd never swam with dolphins, and wasn't quite sure what to expect. I was worried it'd seem like a zoo, and they'd be stuck in small unhappy enclosures. But, man, I'd love to be a dolphin here.

I can't even begin to describe how fun this is. First, the location is beyond gorgeous -- white-sand beaches, swaying palm trees, the whole works. You watch a video of what you're about to do (how to stick your legs out straight when the dolphins push you up into the 'Superman' pose, etc) and then walk out into the dolphin area. We were in the water for over an hour with the dolphins, doing tricks with them, petting them and having our photos snapped. The tricks were a lot of fun, but I think I liked just petting their ... um, bellies (?) the most.

I wish we'd known about this beforehand, but you can book a two- or four-hour ride on a catamaran out to a snorkeling area. They run them twice a day, I think, and they sounded like great fun.

23 people visited Dolphin Explorer