Donuttery

17420 Beach Boulevard, Huntington Beach, CA 92647-5913, United States

Steve Sim
    5 Jul 23, 2014

My wife unfortunately is working nights now and periodically she is assigned to cover south OC. She spotted the Donuttery which is open 24 hours (a good thing to know for folks like my wife who need some food or bathroom in the wee hours of the night & early morning). She surprised me with a Bacon Maple Bar & a Cronut the first time & an assortment of donuts a second time a few days later. I'm special (to her) lmao.

Here's the rundown:
    Bacon Maple Bar - I don't hide the fact that I like pork, but bacon on a donut? OH YES!! So good.!! Bacon is still crunchy and the maple makes it sweet without making it too sweet. I'm hooked. A must order here

Cronut - I've had a cronut before and I was wondering what the hubbub was all about. To me, it was just an expensive donut. Until now, wow that was delicious. OMG, so this is what a cronut is suppose to taste like. Another must order here. Delicious!!

Blueberry Donut - blueberry goodness. Delicious, one of my favorite.

Carrot Donut - are you serious, carrot? Yes and it's so good. Yum yum.

Red Velvet Donut - OMG, I'm not a sweets or dessert person, but this is so good & moist, my sugar intake is sure to go up.

I associate donuts with breakfast, but the donuts coming out of here are more dessert pastries in the forms of donuts IMO.

I'm rating this place a 5 Star Plus.

I hope the wifey gets me more surprise breakfast goodies from here.
    I'll (or the wifey) definitely be back.

Andrea L
    5 Jun 06, 2014

So many fabulous donut flavors!
    Blueberry
    Strawberry
    Red Velvet
    Pumpkin
    Apple Crumb
    And so many more!

They also make fresh bagels, croissants and sell breakfast and lunch sandwiches as well as salads. They have a fully stocked refrigerator with drinks including juice and milk, even chocolate milk!

So many reasons to go here:
    Friendly service
    Open when you need some donuts, breakfast or lunch, or even a late night snack
    Cheap (and sometimes they throw an extra or three in for free too)
    Great flavors
    Lots of parking
    Seating inside and outside

Recommended for:VegetarianFoodiesLocal CultureNightlife Lovers
    Rodney S
    4 Apr 14, 2014

3.5 stars

Choices, choice, choices.......

Maple bacon, apple fritter, blueberry, strawberry, pumpkin spice, with icing/frosting, sans icing/frosting etc....

For a sec, I thought I was about to reenact a scene from "Scanners" with my brain exploding from all the choices.

Came here for an afterparty with a bunch of friends. I've never been here before, but I have heard nothing but good things from others about The Donuttery. Cue Roy Orbison - "It's now or never."

Well hello, Donuttery, nice to meet you!

ACHTUNG ACHTUNG * Cronut sighting* Waitaminnit! I think Cronut is trademarked now. *Croinut sighting, or how about the next food fad sighting*

Samples of Donuttery's version of the latest trending dessert dish greeted us as we hopped up to the counter. My thoughts - Flaky layers on the inside, with a nice crunch on the outside. Tasted similar to a churro to me. I'm glad I had the opportunity to try it, but I believe it's more of a flash in the pan that will wane in interest as time goes on.

It's time to vanquish the diabolical Donut horde-

Blueberry, glazed - Piping hot and hand delivered to us. Sinfully good. Haven't been to M&M's before, but I'd say it's on par with Mel's.

Carrot cake, frosted - Delicious! I'm a carrot cake fan from way back. Each bite was tasty and moist. I keep telling myself it's health food because it has carrots ;p

Maple bacon - Morning breakfast. The sweetness of the maple glaze with the salty, crispy crunch of 2 slices of bacon. The salty/sweet combination strikes the perfect balance for the taste palate.

Strawberry, glazed - My favorite of the night. Cake dough with a rush of strawberry flavor. One bite = DAMN, DAAAMMMN, DAAAAAAMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

The donut shop is a no-frills/frou frou establishment with a few tables to dine at and some sofas that have seen better days. Slipcovers, anyone? They were comfy though, as we inhaled our fried desserts.

Service was good. Young kids were helping us, giving us cups of water to quench the sugar thirst we developed aftering eating about a hundred donuts.

Overall, Donuttery I will be back to try your other deep fried concoctions. Highly recommend you come by to smell what The Donuttery is cookin.

NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodiesStudentsTrendsters
    Jennifer N.
    4 Nov 30, 2013

The Donuttery is a local donut shop in the center of Huntington Beach. I'm not a big fan of donuts so not knowing what to expect but when we got there it is just a mom and pop's local donut shop. They sell regular old school donuts to specialty donuts, sandwiches, bagels, and other pastries.
    We had a little party there with a few other yelpers and got a dozen here and there to sample the different varieties they have.

Let me start with my favorite: BACON MAPLE BAR! I've had bacon maple donuts at a few other places and the ones here is the best one I've ever had!! The bacon is crispy and yummy, not soggy like some other donut shops I've had.. Even the next day, it was still good.

BLUEBERRY GLAZED CAKE DONUT WITH LEMON FROSTING- Yummy, especially when eaten hot! So I suggest when you get home, pop it in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
    RED VELVET DONUT with cream cheese filling- To me it tastes just like a red velvet cupcake. It's good but quite sweet for my taste buds.
    STRAWBERRY DONUT- Very creamy and delicious.
    CARROT CAKE DONUT- Tastes just like a carrot cake :-P
    CARROT ZUCCHINI CAKE. It was really good. Fluffy and not too sweet.

Staff was very patience with us slow pokes and they were eager to help. They have a very small dinning room towards the back of the donut shop. They have 2 small couches and a few table and chairs.

PokerGirl
    4 Jul 20, 2013

A really popular hangout spot- tons of sweet treats and a cozy couch section in the back. Get a dozen for $8! It's a family run biz. You can tell the owner is passionate about donuts. They were giving out free samples of their Cronut experiments. Super generous also. While we were still there the owner came out and announced a fresh batch of blueberry donuts and gave us 2 of them for free!!

Kim L. "Lady Boss"
    5 Nov 30, 2012

AWESOME Small Hidden Gem in HB that's family (Cambodian) owned Donut shop! =)

They even have little chairs, tables & couches around the corner for you to chill & hang out =) +1

I LOVE to help promote GREAT little Mom & Pop shops & this 1 Truly deserves it! =)

Great Customer service!! +1

They were very nice & friendly & even hooked it up for me w/ +2 free donuts w/my 1 Doz. order =) Yaya! +1

GREAT Donuts w/o the Overhyped Ness of other do-nut Chain places & Cupcake places...this is SO much more WORTH it =) +1

OPEN 24 Hours except for Sundays (Closes @ 3PM & Opens up again @8 or 9PM)

If you haven't been here, you GOTTA try these Donuts:
    (Donuts here are NOT as sweet as other places I've tried..that's a plus..) =) +1

Strawberry (yes, Strawberry...move over Blueberry! Yummy) =)

Blueberry (most popular =)

Red Velvet =)

Red Velvet w/Cream Cheese Frosting

Apple Fritter

Tiger Tail w/ chocolate marbling

Bear Claw w/Apple Filling

Peanut Butter & Jam

Heart-shaped blueberry-filled

Strawberry Nutella

Maple Bacon (4U Bacon lovers out there) =)

I'm gonna try the sandwiches the next time I come here ;)

Grace C.
    4 Oct 12, 2012

Since I was going to be in HB while they were open this time, I made my friend stop by before we headed out.

typical donut store, in a strip mall. We almost missed it.

I guess they are known for their blueberry donut? So one of those. " do you want plain, glazed or vanilla glaze?" Vanilla glaze? what the, "yes - vanilla glazed please" after a little bit of looking around, the girl behind the counter told me that they don't have any anymore. why did you even tell me? now I wonder what that tastes like. I got the glazed one instead. And I spy Tiger Tails - oh yes.

The blueberry donut is basically a cake donut with blueberries in it. It was pretty good. I'll have to hunt down the M&M one at this point, since everyone keeps talking about it. The tiger tail was decent, but I think Donut Man's is still better.

Overall - was happy I stopped by. will definitely be back if I'm hankering for a donut and happen to be in the area when they are actually open.

Erin V
    5 Aug 14, 2012

I love Donuttery.

Donuttery has so many different flavored donuts. My favorite- blueberry and strawberry. They even have a maple bacon donut, not just a maple donut but a maple bacon donut for those who are bacon lovers.

But donuts aren't the only thing I like. I do like their egg sandwiches.

The staff is friendly. And if I'm craving donuts this is my spot.

shirlene
    3 Sep 11, 2012

It wasn't anything special.

Alice Ly