Doraku

1104 Lincoln Rd, Miami Beach, FL 33139
Doraku

**SOLID SUSHI FARE IN HEART OF SOBE**

Sushi cravings beckoned us.

Came here around 8:30PM on a Sunday.

We sat at a booth. Karate Kid romantic nice.

ORDERED:

*WOK SEARED SWEET SPICY EDAMAME - Loved this. I could have eaten a bowl of this by myself. The sauce was goo-goo delicious.

*AHI POKE - A bit on the soy-salty side, but it was tasty regardless.

*CRUNCHY CRAB - Presentation was boring, but surprisingly good on the taste buds.

*RED DRAGON ROLL - My favorite. Undeniably fresh and tasty.

*EMPEROR ROLL - A bit too much for two people, but tons of flavors.

Wish we could have stayed longer for dessert but the emergency fire alarm went off and we felt uneasy.

Will return for the Happy Hour.

RECOMMEND.

• Doraku

Trendy sushi restaurant on Lincoln Rd from the owner of Benihana’s son, Kevin Aoki. I prefer their other location in Waikiki, which is larger and has a nicer layout. Lots of specialty dishes and rolls. The Emperor Roll, God of Fire Roll, Ahi Poke, Miso Sea Bass and Panko crusted tofu are all delicious . Their cocktail and sake menu is pretty extensive as well, and I really enjoyed my Asian Pear Saketini. The prices were extremely reasonable with almost everything averaging about $11 and only two entrees over $20. As with most of the popular restaurants on Lincoln Rd, expect a long wait for a table as they don't take reservations. Happy hour is from 5-7pm so make sure you go early because there is usually a wait of about 30-45 min.

Recommended for:Trendsters
  • DorakuCommunity ManagerPro 2014

A cool sushi restaurant with fun chefs and great happy hour prices that won't break your bank! Happy hour items range from $2-$6 for small bites and rolls and $4-$5 for drinks. I came here for a bachelorette party, the service was a little slow as we had a large party and had to be split up, but everyone had a great time. It's in South Beach so you can take a stroll along the strip or beach after eating and drinking.

• Doraku

Hands down, one of the best Happy Hour places I've been to. We came back here in June with 9 other girls and we had a blast! Service was very accommodating for such a large group of us and it was pretty crowded around 5PM on a Friday evening. We were lucky to be seated within minutes and our waters came out fairly quick.

Lychee martinis are the way to go here. After a couple, they start to get quite strong. The watermelon lychee martinis were ok too with a hint of watermelon. Refreshing! Oh, and don't forget your sakes! We went through something close to around 15 bottles... hey! We were thirsty! :)

We ordered pretty much everything off the happy hour menu, not sure if it's the same now, but if the clams are on there. Get them! Those were so amazing, we had to order a couple more pots. Yum!!!

Review based solely on HH and the food/drinks on there. Not sure how their sashimi is, which can atest to the quality of a real sushi place. But a nice, modern, Japanese-fusion place to lounge and drink with friends and have a merry, drunken time!

• Doraku

Nom nom! I heart Doraku Sushi's Happy Hour! Why can't we have something like that in San Jose? So much fun! Came here with a bunch of girls and had the time of my life. They have an extensive Happy Hour (from 5-7pm) menu of food and drinks, all of which left my stomach content. There wasn't a single thing I didn't like on the menu and trust me, we tried practically all of it. They had Happy Hour during the weekend when we went but I'm not sure if they still do. Wishful thinking that they still do! Friendly and professional staff. The owner even came out to introduce himself to us and sat down to have a conversation about the place. Doraku I will see you again the next time I visit Miami, you can count on it!

• Doraku

Good sushi. Best option in Lincoln road for a healthier dining experience. Can get a bit too crowded at times.

• Doraku

Some friends and I ate at Doraku Sushi while visiting South Beach a few weeks ago. We decided to try it based on the great ratings we read online. Doraku did not disappoint.

Located in the Lincoln Rd shopping area it surprisingly was not busy around lunch time on a Monday. Out party of 7 was quickly seated.

Service was satisfactory. Not super friendly but they got the job done. No real complaints.

The food was good. I ordered the Sashimi Combo (philly roll 2pcs, spicy tuna roll 2pcs, tuna sashimi 1pc , salmon sashimi 1pc, and albacore sashimi 1pc), Chilean Seabass Nanbanzuke, and the God of Fire Roll. The sushi and sashimi was very fresh and tasty. The seabass was perfectly cooked -- crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. I absolutely loved the chili ponzu sauce which came with the seabass. The only thing that would have made it better would have been some rice to soak up all that yummy sauce.

Very good food. A bit pricey, but I would definitely recommend this place.

• Doraku

Great sushi restaurant on Lincoln. Try the spicy, regular and sweet edamames for an interesting twist on an appetizer. Their house rolls are very good, especially the one with coconut (can't remember the name).

• Doraku

The Happy hour is the least amount of money you will spend in South Beach !!

awesome happy hour