Doubletree Berkeley Marina

200 Marina Blvd, Berkeley, CA 94710 (Formerly Berkeley Marina Radisson)
I like this hotel

• Doubletree Berkeley Marina

A while back I was part of a group, mostly members of Bay Area Sea Kayakers, kayaking and camping around San Francisco Bay. My friend and I, who were paddling a double, decided to pamper ourselves for the last night out and sleep in this hotel. Now, how many motels are there that you can paddle up to, dock your kayak, and walk into the lobby wearing a wetsuit? Gotta love it just for that!

Recommended for:Business TravelersFamily TravelersOutdoor Enthusiasts
  • Doubletree Berkeley MarinaPro 2014

This place seems to have been recently renovated.

I had to stay here because my usual place, the Hilton Garden Inn in Emeryville was booked and this one of the other places my work approves. Being that it's part of the Hilton family, I still get points (and free water for being a Hilton Honors member)

When I got to the hotel, it was after a very early morning flying up and I was really tired. Traffic was horrible on the freeway but luckily I found the little side road that hugs the marina coastline to somewhat by pass the freeway. By the time I got to the hotel, I was pretty tired.

Free parking is a bonus, even with my company's rate, we still have to pay for parking at a lot of hotels, so not having to pay helps my company's bottom line.

The front desk guy I talked to was super nice. Handed me a *warm* cookie and my waters and then told me where my room was. Told me I got upgraded to a room that faces the Golden Gate Bridge. That's great. But today the fog rolled in at like 5pm and I'll be leaving in the morning to drive into Pleasanton for work so I'm sure it will be foggy then too (and it was).

They have an indoor pool and gym on site. It's a fairly large property with a few buildings. You can tell the buildings are older, but they've all been nicely renovated. My room had vaulted ceilings and a balcony facing the Marina/Bay so it was nice....if i could see anything pass the fog. Welcome to the Bay Area folks.

I did notice that the bed seemed kinda small. I could have sworn the guy said it was two queens, but I'm pretty sure they were both full size beds. But still comfy and cozy. There was a brand new thermostat on the wall to control the heating and cooling in the room, but it's not like a true thermostat that you'd have at home controlling your central AC/Heating. You had the option of Heat, Cool or off and the temp you put it at. I don't think it was a true thermostat.

There is room service, the selection is limited obviously. There is also a little cafe and a restaurant downstairs Outside of that, there isn't a lot to eat around the area since you are in the marina. You have to get back over the bridge into Berkeley to have a bunch of restaurants and things to do.

• Doubletree Berkeley MarinaPro 2014

Over the years, I have gone to various events (mostly work related) at this Doubletree Hotel and have enjoyed the view, the meeting and restaurant facilities and the accommodations. It's at the Berkeley Marina and my experience goes back through several name changes, including a time when this hotel was a Marriott.

Good!1415 reviews across the web.

• Guests recommend this hotel for business travelers.
  • This is a wonderful boutique hotel, as guests say.
  • Service
    89% found the staff to be very friendly.
    89% thought it was clean.
    Great parking, according to 88%.
  • Grounds
    Pool was lovely, according to 80%.
  • Room
    74% said rooms were clean.
    70% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
Showing Lowest Prices(Avg. nightly price)

Close to Berkeley Marina, this Berkeley hotel is situated near the bay. Additional attractions include University of California Berkeley.

Features.
Dining options at Doubletree Hotel & Executive Meeting Center Berkeley Marina include a restaurant and a bar/lounge. Room service is available during limited hours. Recreational amenities include 2 indoor swimming pools. Also located on site are a children's pool, a health club, a spa tub, a sauna, and a fitness facility. This 3.5 star property has a business center and offers small meeting rooms, audio visual equipment, and business services. High speed Internet access is available in public areas. This Berkeley property has 7800 square feet of event space consisting of banquet facilities, conference/meeting rooms, and a ballroom. Guest parking is complimentary. Additional property amenities include a marina, multilingual staff, and gift shops/newsstands. This is a smoke free property.

Guestrooms.
There are 378 guestrooms at Doubletree Hotel & Executive Meeting Center Berkeley Marina. Bathrooms feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. In addition to complimentary weekday newspapers, guestrooms offer multi line phones with

... read more
voice mail. Televisions have premium cable channels and pay movies. Air conditioned rooms also include desks, coffee/tea makers, welcome amenities, and electronic/magnetic keys. Housekeeping is offered and guests may request wake up calls. Cribs (infant beds) and rollaway beds are available on request. Guestrooms are all non smoking.

Notifications and Fees:

The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check in, or check out.

• Pets: US$ 75 per stay

The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.

151 people visited Doubletree Berkeley Marina