Drago Centro

525 South Flower Street, Los Angeles, CA

• Drago CentroCommunity ManagerAmbassadorPro 2014
    Audrey Lo "@GogobotAudrey"
    5 Oct 18, 2013

I came here a few times for dineLA and the food never disappointed. I remember their crispy pork belly being veryyy delicious. The risotto with shaved truffle is a must!! Save room so you can try their panna cotta too! Its good and refreshing. They have a full bar and lots of wine to choose from!! Nice ambiance; great for groups.

Recommended for:FoodiesLuxury TravelersNightlife Lovers
  • Drago CentroPro 2014
    Natalie K
    2 Sep 07, 2013

I made a reservation for Drago Centro for dineLA and ended up walking into a half empty restaurant. The hostess was not very friendly. We asked to sit outside and were told that the section is closed even though there were other patrons dining there.

We got crammed into a little table in between 2 other little tables with people seated. It was annoying that they did that, considering they had many other available tables.
    The waiter rushed us to order for no apparent reason but when it was time to pay, we had to wait forever.

We ended up ordering from the dineLA menu. The portions are of decent sizes for both the 1st and 2nd courses but the flavor was lackluster. I didn't enjoy my seafood pasta very much and the duck confit risotto was just alright. The presentation on both dishes were horrible.

I heard they have good happy hour. If the service wasn't so bad, I would probably give them another try for their happy hour menu. I think I'll be skipping this one in the future though for dinner or dineLA.

• Drago CentroPro 2014
    Ericayvette
    4 Aug 11, 2013

Really good Happy Hours deals which is everyday at the Bar. Favorites: il salmone affumicato (smoked salmon), oysters, sausage pizza!

King Kevin the VII
    1 Apr 25, 2013

Just for those who are wondering why the place is called "Drago Centro", it's because the name of the head chef is Drago. (the whole time I was wondering if this placed was called dragon center)!

First off, park in the underground parking structure (just circle the block until you find it) and make sure you get it validated when you leave.

I came here with a group of friends for a friend's bday dinner. The decor here is fancy and vogue (a lot of black and red, kind of reminds me of Cruella Deville). Most of the customers are nicely dressed (most of us were as well). They start you out with complimentary sour dough bread and butter.

Here are a few things we ordered:

pappardelle- because everyone on Yelp recommended it. It tasted like thick pasta with oyster sauce. I couldn't really taste the mushrooms or pheasant because the sauce was over powering. Also, for $20, it was a tiny plate.

Lasagna- It wasn't too bad. However, it was around $18 and the lasagna is literally the size of a samsung galaxy 3.

Risotto- Tastes like watered down chewy rice. Bleh. $17.

The thing that put me off about the restaurant the most was the way the staff treated us. I understand that a group of asian college kids aren't exactly the richest looking crowd but we're still paying customers! The waiter pretty much rolled his eyes when we all just asked for water...

I understand that we're not the restaurant's typical customers but it wasn't like we were in street clothes. (I was in a freaking suit and everyone was in dress clothes!) Furthermore, they charge 20% gratuity for parties of 5 or more. Additionally, they only allow 3 cards max per table and they won't split the check.

Overall, my tiny plate of pasta cost me $25 after tip and tax! I probably would have given this place a 2 star but the attitude of the waiter ticked me off! Unless, I reek of urine and look like I'm going to run off with the check, I demand to be treated like everyone else!

Jennifer N.
    2 Oct 03, 2012

** Review on a DINE LA experience and Dine LA Menu Only***

After reading all the raving reviews, with no doubt, my girlfriend and I made a reservation and was headed to Drago Centro after work and was looking forward to spending some relaxing time and good food to end the stressful week.

PARKING!
    Well, the stress didn't subsides because it took us a few turns on the block to finally figure out where the underground parking was. No we're not slow.. it's just confusing. If you are on Figueroa street, immediately after you pass 5th street, There's a small lane you can turn right into that leads you to the underground parking. BUT be careful, If you go too fast, you'll miss it!
    Driving in, you'll come to an immediate stop for the Valet. (We didn't want valet services, not because we were cheap, but because I had a lot of things in my car, passenger and back seats. When the Valet guy came forward to me, I had asked him I wanted not to Valet. He said in a unpleasant tone of voice, Why? Well good luck in finding a spot, there are no single spots left. I said to him, let me try, I need to follow my friend in the front, and rudely. he responded, Well be careful, don't hit another car then you'll be paying $2000!!! ~ What a jerk!!!

FOOD!
    When your food's presentation takes over the quality of your food's tastes, you got a problem, right? .. In our case, yes. Presentation was s delight and fancy, but we want good food!
    I just don't get their menu. It's hard to order and hard to absorb the food that is being offered. Restaurants do these kind of advertising is to bring in more business and most important bring in more customers. Well with their Dine LA menu, it was a big let down. I'm sure there are so much more popular items in their menu they should of offered. A few of my Yelper friends are raving about it.

My order was "Mafaldine pasta- basil pesto, chile, smoked ricotta salata." Food Lanuage, it's just a small side of pasta with bail pesto sauce with bits of smoked ham.
    My friend had the "Rigatoni carbonara, pancetta, parmesan cheese" Food language, just plain penne with cream sauce.

The pastas/ 1st course was the the best tasting part. But it also tastes like something we can order from Olive Garden. -FAIL!

Main Entree:
    I ordered "Swordfish, caperberry caponata, potato puree, bell pepper vinaigrette"
    Three tiny fishes on top of mash potatoe. This is so bland that I can even make at home. Fish can taste it's frozen and not fresh. Served OVERCOOKED. Flavor= none!

Friend ordered- "Wild mushroom and artichoke risotto, Parmesan cheese" Poor friend took 3 spoons of it and didn't want it anymore. Tasted like porridge with lots of cheese.

Dessert:
    Cheesecake glace, apple cider, fennel seed tuile Chocolate pot de crème, raspberry meringue, candied pistachios: FRIEND FINISHED W/O SHARING.. lol

Cheesecake glace, apple cider, fennel seed tuile. Tasted like cheese tofu in water with cinnamon flavor. Just didn't fit my tastes buds and eventually gave me tummy cramps!

I was very disappointed with the Dine LA menu. Before I came, I didn't scoop the details.

P.S.- The water, H2O really tasted like it came straight out of the tap without any filtration. Everybody else agree??

If I ever do come back again, I'll stick with the happy hour at the bar and order the finger foods and nibblers instead.

Sue Zhou
    5 Aug 24, 2012

Amazing mixologist ! Freshly Cut! Smells like freshly cut grass with a peeled grape ! Amazing ! Get their pasta. Any dish! It's fresh and will make you moan out loud. Highlight - pappardelle with pheasant and morel mushroom. Oh god. Come here now.

Amber Bechtel