Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa

Carretera Barra de Navidad Km. 3.5 | Playa las Estacas s/n, Puerto Vallarta 48300, Mexico

Connie Pistilli
    4 Jul 16, 2013

Lovely resort with its own secluded beach - although it didn't ward off beach peddlers. Small enough where you would run into the same people regularly, and make friends with other couples. All the dining options were excellent, which is sometimes rare at all-inclusive resorts. The new tower is the one you want to stay in - the rooms in the old tower didn't have much to offer besides a beautiful view of the ocean and sunset. If you get a chance to participate in their baby turtle release into the ocean, it is an extraordinary experience. Beautiful infinity pool - hang out there to escape the kids. A short taxi ride into town. A romantic spot to stay - perfect for honeymooners.

• Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & SpaPro 2014
    Kat Von B (Travelinggreek)
    3 Sep 11, 2013

The rooms here are beautiful and I like the location.
    It is located a bit out of town so you get a feel for the city without tons of tourists.
    The beach is a bit small so if that is important to you then maybe you should consider a different property.
    The food is what I found mediocre.
    I actually couldnt wait to go to restaurants outside of the resort.
    Since it is All-Inclusive that becomes an important element.
    It was ok but there are so many great hotels in Puerto Vallarta that I would probably choose another.

Recommended for:Family TravelersLuxury TravelersOutdoor EnthusiastsWellness
    Pamela Fuller
    2 Nov 24, 2013

July 20-27, 2013 Dreams Puerto Vallarta

We arrived at Dreams PV with high anticipation after hearing so much about it, and waiting so long to check it out. There is a Mexican charm as you pull in with the cobblestone road. We were greeted at lobby entrance by the concierge and bell boys. Cold cloths to freshen up and a glass of champagne. Car unloaded, valet parking. and then off to check in to preferred tower.. some distance away but much less hectic then the regular tower check in desk, so that was good. There was only one girl to check you in so thus we did have a wait, but there are nice couches and seats available. After 30-45 minutes they were ready to check us in. We had done an RCI exchange so just had the AI to pay, that went smooth with a charge card. We were assigned room 1555, bellboys brought our luggage to room, gave descriptions of how AC worked, mini bar, snacks, etc. and off they went. No other direction were given, other then where the ice cube machine was, which I asked as whatever I drink I like cold, except coffee. There is an ice machine on every other floor at least but many were not functioning, so it frequently was an adventure to get ice. ( They send you numerous emails prior to arrival asking you to pay AI in advance for a 5% discount and resort coupons, more on those later. I told them we would pay upon arrival, not worth 5% to tie up our money.. they continued with incessant emails, even past the 30 days in advance for discount, I even told them well it is past the 30 days we arrive in a week so no discount, nope, but still get resort coupons. We paid upon arrival). Since we were there thru an exchange with RCI, our AI fees were $106.50 p/p/d. ( After our stay we felt this is surely way overpriced for this resort.) We did meet Bethy, the concierge. Very sweet and helpful, young lady.

The grounds are nice but older, not as manicured as many resorts we visit but fine. The property tends to sprawl horizontally. The elevators worked fine, and there is a special snack , drink area on first floor of preferred tower for those staying there. Breakfast items in morning, sandwiches in afternoon and drinks with or without alcohol. We rarely used this area unless it was to grab a soda on our way to wherever. We were asked if we wished to receive discount coupons for massages or what have you for sitting in on , not a timeshare presentation but vacation club. One and all the same as far as we are concerned and no interest as we did this at Sunscape in Ixtapa ( also a resort owned by this company) and the coupons are only percentage off ,nothing free. They can be used for spa, romantic dinner, way over priced since you are already on and paying for AI, bottle of wine, and again just amounts off like $10 USD, $40, $20, etc and you cannot combine them all to get anything free, always a charge. Our opinion, useless, we did not use, even one. Pretty much a farce. So they did not bother us again during our stay after a firm no thanks not interested. We did have free internet being in the preferred tower but ha, I used my hot spot as very slow internet provided.

Our room 1555, A Preferrred Tower Junior Suite. Enter from backside and goes straight thur to balcony. On left was a bathroom, with a trough for sink, unique, but the faucets, one on each end were very loose and really not very effective in spreading water in this style sink. The bathroom was a good size, seperate area for toilet, area for shower, and then a corner tub. Plenty of towels, hot water, and amenities were labeled by Gilcrist & Sommes for Dreams. They gave you shampoo, soap, shower gel, shaving cream, small toothpaste, one toothbrush, comb, body lotion and sunscreen #15 ( the sunscreen is a nice and different touch but we use a much higher number, but this was different). Beyond the bathroom to right was an armoire for clothes, the minibar with corona, coke, sprite, diet coke, 4 juices and 3 waters. Replenished daily though we had to call quite a few times for refilling. They also gave you nips of Chivas Regal, vodka and rum, pringles and M&M's, but again those were not replaced unless asked for. In this armoire was also a safe, and coffee maker which has a pull out shelf to fill, what a hassle, as the cord kept getting caught, so that was an issue and upon first fill, we had to pull the whole armoire out as cord was caught behind, something that should be checked before folks check in. They also supply coffee packets. There was an ironing board and iron in this armoire as well. Small amount of hanging space but there were draws in bathroom.

On opposite side was the king size bed, canopy like with fringe or tassle material half way down, different. The bed sits very high, so if short could be an issue, I am about 5 ft 4 inches and had to kind of hop up. Was a little dangerous getting off bed for me d/t the highness, and have bone and hip issue, but I managed. The bed was comfortable. Just beyond the bed was a L shaped sofa and coffee table and one upholstered chair and a flat screen Tv with DVD player. Opposite that, a table and two chairs, high back equipales, which did not fit the decor at all, along with being awkward and uncomfortable. We had to have someone come to help with the TV and even they had hard time and also the DVD player they let you borrow movies with an open charge card for free, one at a time, you pick them out at front desk, sign for and return so not charged. Sliding glass doors led to a balcony longer than wide with two plastic chairs and a tiny side table but a great ocean view.
    The room was nice, but small and wonder, if this was the upgraded room, what the other rooms were like. Plugs were at a premium. The room was like a very small studio without a kitchen or oversized hotel room with sitting area. The decor was a mix of old and new per say.. nothing spectacular or unique. Served its purpose but I do prefer much more space and I had traded quite a large unit thru RCI for this so was just fair in comparison. The room was clean, but the bathroom did have some areas needing repairs, the faucets which I mentioned and also between shower and toilet area leaked. Other than that we were fine, and settled in to our week stay.

We unpacked and then went to the Seaside Grill for lunch, the service was very slow, but the staff were pleasant. I had a philly sandwich and hubby had a shrimp and crab sandwich. This restaurant overlooks the ocean, but is small for size of resort. The food was just so so, no raves...but it was just lunch and we were hungry so we were happy. We then walked the grounds..

The grounds are sprawling, landscape is nice. The adult pool is very , very small, approx. 17 loungers only and impossible to get one unless you get up at crack of dawn I guess. There are no towel cards so folks just put their towels down and reserve loungers and there is no culpability for towels thus no big deal if someone takes it. We were never able to sit in this area. To give an example of size, this pool is so small most folks who have built in pools at their homes would have bigger pools. The other pools are not huge either, one has a swim up bar, packed with kids etc. For the amount of guests the two towers of this property can accommodate, the pools are very small. Again at my own home my pool is larger. Loungers by the other pools, lined up in rows right next to each other, not very appealing, again an issue with getting a lounger. Apparently there is a 30 min. rule for saving chairs but not enforced in anyway. We were able to sit in this area one day by getting a concierge to get us a chair. So squecky wheel gets a seat I guess. So the pools were not an impressive factor for us.

The beach is like in a cove, so you cannot walk very far but it is more secluded this way. From our room on 5th floor it looks very flat, with nice smooth sand and lots of palapas and chairs. When you actually get on beach, again an issue with getting a seat especially in area near Preferred Tower which is not exclusive to Preferred guests despite the fact you paid to be on that side and there is an apparent difference. The palapas are nice and provide shade, the loungers are again lined up like a movie theater, you could move them but no shade whatsoever. Not ideal. The sand is groomed as is apparent which is nice so not rocky etc., but it has a significant slope to it at one point which is not evident when looking from room or in photos of resort. The beach area is much more groomed , nicer etc. on preferred side but as I stated you can go on whatever side. There is service pool side or on the beach for drinks.. service is good and friendly. They have lots of activities and the activity staff esp. Christian, are very nice, as are most of staff.
    Overall the beach was nice, but not being real beach people per say, we prefer to do long walks on beach, it was not ideal for us but it was different than many in PV. The pools were very disappointing and we are pool people.

The gym looked quite nice as did the spa though we did not utilize due to extenuating circumstances, more to follow on that.

A few things to note there is nightime activity on site, with some nights there being a live band in one of lounges. Sadly, there is an upcharge for premium alcohol even Don Julio Tequila Reposado tequila, which was very, very disappointing to me. For the cost of the AI and quality I surely feel premium alcohol should have been included. They were accomodating and did provide me with a bottle in my room, but still not the same, though I do appreciate their graciousness. I have to say they truly went out of their way to please and satisfy. We enjoyed the lounges at night and they have a large variety of martini's so I went with those. I tried different kinds, each night we could. I am a light drinker so 1-2 drinks is it., but

Heather Fisher

Great hotel with a great staff! I was here for 5 days for a wedding, the grounds are well kept and the beach is nice. There is plenty of activities going on all day and night. There are 5 restaurants on the premises and many bars. I would reccomend this to friends and family, they have probably the comfiest beds I've ever slept on. AND! you can release baby sea turtles into the ocean... awesome!

Jim Benedetto
    4 Jul 03, 2012

Stayed here (with the all inclusive package) for a week for a good friends wedding down in Puerto Vallarta. We left the resort maybe twice in 7 days. I was there with about 40 of my friends so we didn't get bored but the resort itself has a lot of fun things to do - especially if you like just sitting by the pool and drinking margaritas all day.

Carol Beckwall
    5 Oct 31, 2012
    Maria Belfiore
    5 Apr 16, 2012
    Diane Sampson
    5 Oct 06, 2012
Showing Lowest Prices

Excellent! - 91% of guests recommend

Located in Puerto Vallarta, this beachfront resort is near Playa de los Muertos. Other attractions include Malecon.

Features.
This property is all inclusive. Rates include meals and beverages at on site dining establishments, taxes, and gratuities. Charges may be applied for dining at some restaurants, special dinners and dishes, some beverages, and other amenities. This Puerto Vallarta property

... read more
has a private beach. Dining options at Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa All Inclusive include a restaurant and a bar/lounge. Room service is available 24 hours a day. Recreational amenities include an outdoor pool, a spa tub, a sauna, a fitness facility, and a steam room. The property's full service health spa has massage/treatment rooms and beauty services. This 4.0 star property has a business center and offers small meeting rooms, limo/town car service, and audio visual equipment. High speed Internet access is available in public areas. This Puerto Vallarta property has event space consisting of banquet facilities, conference/meeting rooms, and a ballroom. The property offers an airport shuttle (surcharge). Business services, wedding services, and tour assistance are available. Guest parking is complimentary. Additional property amenities include a swim up bar, a poolside bar, and a concierge desk.

Guestrooms.
There are 337 guestrooms at Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa All Inclusive. Bathrooms feature shower/tub combinations, designer toiletries, scales, and hair dryers. In addition to in room safes, guestrooms offer multi line phones with voice mail. Televisions have premium satellite channels and DVD players. Air conditioned rooms also include desks, minibars, complimentary bottled water, and blackout drapes/curtains. Guests may request extra towels/bedding and wake up calls. Housekeeping is available. Cribs (infant beds) and rollaway beds are available on request.

Notifications:

• There are no room charges for children 2 years old and younger who occupy the same room as their parents or guardians, using existing bedding.

• Business Center
  • Fitness Center
  • Room Service
  • Free Parking
  • Swimming Pool

Excellent!443 reviews across the web.

• Guests think this is a family-friendly hotel.
  • Guests say the hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.
  • Service
    95% found the staff to be very friendly.
    95% thought it was clean.
  • Ambiance
    94% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
  • Beach
    91% appreciated the clean beach.
  • Food
    89% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
    82% enjoyed the restaurants & bars nearby.

San Marino Hotel