Drury Plaza Hotel Riverwalk
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%History Buffs
Member Reviews (3)Write a review
- Drury Plaza Hotel RiverwalkMember ofBudget TravelersWellnessAdventure TravelersTrendstersJul 14, 2014
The first thing that crossed my mind upon entering the Drury Plaza Hotel Riverwalk was: popcorn. Second was: bank. Turns out, the Drury is indeed a renovated bank and the overwhelming popcorn smell was due to the hotel’s long standing free popcorn tradition. After helping myself to a striped bag full of popped snacks from the old-timey popcorn machine, I headed up. All the way up to the roof. The Drury boasts one of the best views in the San Antonio area. From this perch high above the streets, guests can see for miles and miles, picking out famed spots like the Alamo, Hemisfair park and the beautiful Hill Country in the distance. The best part? You can take in the views from the clear blue pool or bubbling hot tub
- Drury Plaza Hotel RiverwalkFirst to ReviewNov 24, 2012
There is not much of a skyline to San Antonio, but one that's hard to miss the the Drury Plaza downtown. It looks like it was culled from a 50's noir film, an ominous and empowering presence where a wealthy oil baron with a penchant for murder and lust would reside.
It's surrounded by the culture and cuisine of San Antonio, but I found myself lounging at it's rooftop pool and sitting area for hours on end. It's a view that many will rarely get, a 360 degree look at the heart of Texas.
History. Flair. Character. Nothing felt garish or overdone. My room was underwhelming, as is with the reality of historical wealth in modern times. I wouldn't want to see Ikea furniture mar this true gem downtown.Recommended for:
Excellent!1359 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for budget travelers.
- Guests recommend this hotel for business travelers.
- Service97% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Location96% enjoyed the restaurants & bars nearby.
- Room95% thought the view was good.
- Restaurant92% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 84%.
- Hotel77% thought it was clean.
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Swimming Pool
- Free Hi Speed Internet
- Pets Allowed