Dubai Museum in Al Fahidi Fort
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%History Buffs
- 64%Local Culture
- 58%Budget Travelers
- 58%Family Travelers
- 51%Outdoor Enthusiasts
Member Reviews (15)
- Dubai Museum in Al Fahidi FortMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 4Jan 22, 2014
This is probably the only thing that's over 20 years around Dubai. One of very few museum in the area, the collection is pretty small but does show its history that is often not mention. Worth to visit when you in the area, surround area is older part of Dubai that hasn't been renovated much.
- Dubai Museum in Al Fahidi FortMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 4First to ReviewNov 05, 2013
Not a lot to see but interesting enough for a quick look. One of the few sights with any historical significance / relevance.
- Dubai Museum in Al Fahidi FortOct 23, 2013
If you like waxworks, you'll loooove this museum! It's both kitschy and informative--I learned a lot about Dubai history, but I also just liked the old-school dioramas of "traditional markets" and all that stuff. It's all very smartly arranged underneath the old fort, so you enter and spiral down and around--it's surprisingly huge inside.
- Dubai Museum in Al Fahidi FortJun 20, 2013
For 3 Dirham its worth the time to go. It supposedly the oldest building in Dubai. The outside may seem small but in fact at you go into the museum and underground theres a lot to see and learn. Learn the history of Dubai.
- Dubai Museum in Al Fahidi FortMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 5Mar 14, 2013
It was so wonderful to view a place of such history and art. I was pleased and humbled at moments to learn of the history of the peoples of the Emirates to learn more of there culture and history. It was a joy to experience a different cultural environment.
- Dubai Museum in Al Fahidi Fort
- Dubai Museum in Al Fahidi FortMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersBusiness Travelers+ 4Jul 24, 2012
It's a little smaller than I thought it would be, but it's very much worth a visit. This fort was built to defend the people in this area from an invasion from the sea. Al Fahidi Fort was built in 1799, and is the oldest structure in Dubai.