Earl of Sandwich - Planet Hollywood

Planet Hollywood, 3663 South Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109

Tiffany Cheung
    5 Jul 19, 2014

I am so glad I ended my Vegas trip eating at Earl of Sandwich, and even more glad that they're opening up a second location in Anaheim. It was delicious and better than what I had expected. I already had seen the reviews, heard the raves about the warm sandwiches from my friend, but it was so delicious that it has to be about the best sandwich ever - and at an affordable price!

So Earl's is open 24 hours and is located in Planet Hollywood. I'm sure people flock here after the clubbing events and whatnot - that explains the 24 hours deal. We came here around 12 on a Saturday and there was a long line, but not too long a wait. You basically give your order to the cashier and she gives you a beeper and a receipt where you slide down the counter (watching them make the sandwiches and salads) before you pay at the second cashier. And a few minutes after that, your beeper rings signaling you to pick up your sandwich.

There were so many great options that I really wanted to try them all. In the end, I got The Earl's Club (Roasted Turkey, Smoked Bacon, Aged Swiss Cheese, Lettuce, Roma Tomatoes & Sandwich Sauce) and my friend got the Tuna and we traded half. The Club was really good - but what's so great about it is that the bread is warm and crispy, making the sandwich an overall plus. There wasn't too much bacon, but I liked the amount of turkey that was in it. The tuna was also great. The warm bread, a plus, and the tuna salad inside was awesome (better than Subway!). They cut the sandwich for you into a bigger half and a smaller half, but the overall sandwich is not that big. Perhaps about 6 inches. Each is wrapped up in a gold foil with a pretty sticker to differentiate between the various sandwiches.

There's a few tables to sit down and eat and relax. For the price of the sandwich (around six/seven dollars), I was pretty pleased. If only they came with some complimentary potato chips on the side :)

Can't wait to try the other sandwiches!

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodiesLocal CultureNightlife Lovers
    Queenie Ito
    5 May 20, 2014

Why do I consistently crave Earl whenever I drink.... In LA!! The tuna melt is so FUHREAKIN yummy. Whenever I'm in Vegas, I have to make a late night early morning stop by my buddy Earl's. Again, I don't mind standing in a long line as long as it's worth it. Oh my, it's worth it here. And if you're really in a hurry, I'll tell you a little secret. You can call in your order and walk to the front, pay, and pickup. I've done this many times....from the back of the line. Hahaha.

Recommended for:Budget Travelers
    Re becca
    3 May 16, 2014

I would say this place is overhyped, but no joke, everything that we ordered here was just as delicious as everyone said it was!

I tried their vegetarian sandwich, along with their broccoli cheese soup, grabbed their brownie bites and all was fantastic!

I actually tried the Tomato soup and it was to me wayyy better than the broccoli cheese. The tomato soup came with bits bread inside and it made it all the more tastier!

• Earl of Sandwich - Planet HollywoodAmbassadorPro 2014
    Kat Sun
    4 May 16, 2014

Yeah, it might be over-rated, but I can't help but come here once on my Vegas trip! Expect a long line, but it moves quickly. The price isn't bad...$7 average (there's 2 tiers of prices too). You have to hawk for a table or go elsewhere to eat...limited seating. My faves are the Full Montagu and Chipotle Chicken.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFamily TravelersFoodies
  • Earl of Sandwich - Planet HollywoodAmbassadorPro 2014
    Stanley Chan
    5 Nov 17, 2013

Looking for some cheap(er) foods in Las Vegas after spending it all on gambling, shows, and buffets? The Earl of Sandwich can help! Located in Planet Hollywood, it is one of the cheapest and best foods that Las Vegas can offer! The sandwiches are only $5.99, which is half the price of anything else found in the City of Sin! We had the:

The Earl's Club - Roasted Turkey, Smoked Bacon, Aged Swiss Cheese, Lettuce, Roma Tomatoes & Sandwich Sauce (healthy and delicious)

Caribbean Jerk Chicken - Grilled Chicken, Roasted Red & Banana Peppers & Spicy Jerk Sauce (spicy with a pinch of sourness)

The sandwiches here are one of the best I've ever had. Once you've had some here, it makes Togos, Subways, and Quiznos taste like secondary citizens. Great thing about this place: it's open 24 hours, so when you're up gambling the night away, have one on the Earl! The Earl knows sandwiches... he did create them, in the first place! The choices are numerous, but the taste? They all taste great!!! The crispiness of the bread and the meats is mouthwatering!

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodiesStudentsVegetarian
    Verlisia
    5 Nov 06, 2013

I never thought I would say this about a sandwich shop in a Vegas Casino. But yes, their sandwich is the best I have had.

Happened to be in Planet Hollywood after a show and wanted a quick light meal. I remembered reading about Earl of Sandwich before. Even though this place has an average of 4.5 stars on Yelp, I was still skeptical. I didn't think I could trust the opinions of some drunk gamblers and crazy tourists. I couldn't be more wrong.

All American Sandwich - sweet cranberries, savory melted cheese and roasted turkey on freshly grilled sandwich bread matched with crunchy lettuce and juicy tomato slices. The result is an addicting complex flavor that lingers on your tongue and leaves you wanting more.

The Earl's Cobb Wrap - This wrap variation of their most popular hot sandwich is just as memorable. The old wrap has the perfect texture. Thick enough to not get soggy yet still soft and not grainy at all. The fillings were amazing.

At the end of my meal I was tempted to pick up another sandwich to go. Had I not had another meal scheduled the next day, I would come here for another sandwich... and another one.

Oh please.... would someone bring Earl of Sandwich to California?

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodies
    esther lee
    5 Nov 01, 2013

The BEST place to go to get something quick, inexpensive and for any time of the day. It's open 24/7. They have a selection of sandwiches, wraps, salad and soup. If it's your first time, start off with the american or original. You can thank me later

Craig Stone
    4 Jul 06, 2014

This place serves up delicious hot sandwiches. It's a great place to grab a quick bite in the center of the Strip.

Susan Lee
    5 Aug 23, 2013

Earl of Sandwich is located in the Miracle Mile Shops part of the Planet Hollywood Hotel. The line get can long, but don’t get discouraged as the staff moves the line along very quickly. By the time you pay and grab a table your sandwich will be ready for pick up. All sandwiches are about $6 and made on Panini bread and then toasted, which provides great texture to the sandwich. The Original (roast beef and cheddar) is good, but I personally loved the Caprese. Their tomato soup is also thick and satisfying without being too salty. Their brownies make for a good dessert too. A great place to grab a quick, delicious meal.

Bob Kalo
    4 Aug 15, 2013

Always come here when I am in Vegas, always great and now that its open 24 hours, can't be best!

Ngoc Hanh Pham
    5 Jun 28, 2013

I finally got to try Earl of Sandwich! I know they have it at Downtown Disney in Anaheim, but I wanted to wait to try it in Vegas since that's where it got popular. It was definitely worth the wait. I got the the Chicken Chipotle Avocado sandwich and it was amazing. This might sound really dramatic, but I savored every single bite. The sandwich was around $7, which is pretty cheap for Vegas. This place is a must. I'm definitely coming back next time and trying another flavor.

King Kevin the VII
    5 Jun 08, 2013

One Sandwich to rule them all.... and in the darkness bind them...

Located in Planet Hollywood is Earl's home of arguably some of the best and cheapest Sandwiches, each one costs about $7. Our group ordered the:

Original- 5/5= imagine a french dip sandwich with horse radish sauce, basically an Arby sandwich on steroids
    Montagu- 4/5= tastes like an ordinary BLT to me
    Caribbean Jerk- 5/5= Peppered chicken with a kick, love it!
    Hawaiian- 3/5= Tastes like a Hawaiian pizza, unfortunately, I'm not a fan of sweet food so no tangy bbq for me
    Tuna melt- 4/5= Tastes pretty ordinary to me, however, it is still pretty good, almost tastes more like albacore then tuna.

Dear King of Sandwich whoever you are, move over because Earl of Sandwich is ready to behead you and claim himself the king of all Sandwiches. Now excuse me... (crouches over and holds onto original sandwich)

My Precioussss.......

Marcus Lo
    4 Jul 06, 2014

Came here after a night at Marquee. Good sandwich but nothing spectaular so im a bit surprised at the 4.5 rating. Still, overall value is pretty good here and this is a pretty good option for late night eats. Day time you have so many other options though so I'd probably skip this

Food tried:
    Italian
    Good flavor. The bread is ok but could be a little thinner.

Montagu(a bite)
    Good. Less flavor than the Italian.

Service: order at the counter and pay. Then pick up your order when you buzzer starts buzzing. Was not too sober when I ordered, but I don't really remember there being much offered in terms of sandwich customization.

Karen Le
    4 Apr 03, 2013

Great place for sandwiches on the strip, affordable too for Vegas! $6 bucks gets you one of their delicious sandwiches on this cibatta flat bread hybrid kind of a bread. We bought a few and all sampled together. I would have to say my favorite is the Full Montague without a doubt, but The Original, The All American, and the Cannonballs are all wise choices. I want to try the Holiday the next time I'm there, I've heard wonders!

Shala Passwater
    5 Apr 03, 2013

These sandwiches are incredible! Bought one for lunch and took a second one with me for later- and 7 hours later it was still incredible! This is also one of the few eateries in a casino with complimentary beverage refills on fountain drinks, so chug up while you're there.

Ericayvette
    5 Mar 24, 2013

Great 24 hour spot at Planet Hollywood with cheap yummy sandwiches! The line get long so prepare to wait. Some of my favorite sandwiches are: The Original, Italian, Tuna Melt, and the Full Montagu

JohnMichael
    4 Feb 27, 2013

HUNGER!!!!!!

After a night of drinking debauchery I find myself hungry as hell. Low and behold there is this shop that is still open after hours and ready and willing to feed my alcohol induced hunger. Fortunately there wasn't much of a line however there is an extensive list. Then again anything beyond 5 items to a drunk is to be considered an extensive list. And unfortunately it doesn't help if they are unable to make the single tuna melt that I had ordered. Not wanting to wait any longer I ordered the first sandwich on the list.... which I have no recollection of what it is called. I can't tell you whether it was good. I can however tell you though that by the time I woke up that it was all gone... as was my shirt... as was my hunger... as was my buzz...
    and dignity.
    ;D

Danny H.
    5 Jan 31, 2013

Awesome sandwiches at great prices! Simple food done well....it's one of my favorite places to recommend. Try it out when you just not feeling a buffet.

Bridget Purviance
    4 Oct 27, 2013

I daydream about these sandwiches. Why must the closest one to me be 243.88 miles away? Why can't they be on every corner in California like its bastard stepchild, Subway, is?

We always make it a point to stop by here at least a few times during every Vegas weekend. I love love love the tuna melt, as well as the All-American. As great as everything else looks, I'm too obsessed with those to order anything else! Freshly baked, soft warm bread that melds perfectly with the other ingredients. I usually eat half there and save the other half for after the clubs. They also offer soups, salads, desserts, and wine and beer, too! I've brought back sandwiches to LA for Earl-obsessed friends, and that earns me the best-friend-ever title in their books. I wish they had different sandwich sizes, but that's not enough to keep us away. This place rocks! Please come to southern California!

Lisa Kamei
    5 Jan 07, 2013

If only Earl was a lot closer... 264.8 miles apart to be exact and it hurts because Earl is so darn good and I've been craving it since the day I left Vegas. :(

To be honest, I didn't know about Earl's until last year. My guy friend told me about Earl of Sandwich in Vegas and he was ranting about how it's the best sandwich on earth. Intrigued, I signed up for Earl's club immediately and decide to give it a try next time I went to Vegas, which was this past weekend for my 23rd birthday. :)

I got to Earl's on Saturday around 12pm and boyyyyyy, the line was pretty long. But no need to worry because the workers there are super speedy and you'll have your food in due time! I knew which sandwich I wanted in a heartbeat, "The Full Montagu". Freshly roasted beef, turkey, aged swiss and cheddar, lettuce, tomatoes and mustard sauce. Mmm, just thinking about it makes my mouth water! I want some NAO.

Anyway, Earl's sandwiches are nicely toasted, which makes the outside crisp yet they somehow manage to keep the bread moist and soft in the inside. Cheese are hot and stringy while my mustard sauce gave a nice kick to the sandwich. I added some pepper that they had on their dining table, which wasn't just regular pepper. It was a little bit herby and tasted bombbbb. My best friend got herself the "Hawaiian BBQ" and she also loved her sandwich, which means a lot knowing she's a picky eater hah

And the best thing about my first Earl of Sandwich experience was that it was FREE (not that it's expensive to begin with). Yay, thanks Earl's club for my freebie coupon! I'll be satisfying my craving next weekend when I'm in Vegas again!

OH, ps., did I mention this place is open 24/7? You deserve A+++ in my book. :D

3,185 people visited Earl of Sandwich - Planet Hollywood

Cheap$

Open daily

Price tags well under ten bucks and a variety of hot sandwiches from turkey and cranberry to roast beef and horseradish.