Earl of Sandwich - Planet Hollywood

Planet Hollywood, 3663 South Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109
Earl of Sandwich - Planet Hollywood

• Earl of Sandwich - Planet Hollywood

I am so glad I ended my Vegas trip eating at Earl of Sandwich, and even more glad that they're opening up a second location in Anaheim. It was delicious and better than what I had expected. I already had seen the reviews, heard the raves about the warm sandwiches from my friend, but it was so delicious that it has to be about the best sandwich ever - and at an affordable price!

So Earl's is open 24 hours and is located in Planet Hollywood. I'm sure people flock here after the clubbing events and whatnot - that explains the 24 hours deal. We came here around 12 on a Saturday and there was a long line, but not too long a wait. You basically give your order to the cashier and she gives you a beeper and a receipt where you slide down the counter (watching them make the sandwiches and salads) before you pay at the second cashier. And a few minutes after that, your beeper rings signaling you to pick up your sandwich.

There were so many great options that I really wanted to try them all. In the end, I got The Earl's Club (Roasted Turkey, Smoked Bacon, Aged Swiss Cheese, Lettuce, Roma Tomatoes & Sandwich Sauce) and my friend got the Tuna and we traded half. The Club was really good - but what's so great about it is that the bread is warm and crispy, making the sandwich an overall plus. There wasn't too much bacon, but I liked the amount of turkey that was in it. The tuna was also great. The warm bread, a plus, and the tuna salad inside was awesome (better than Subway!). They cut the sandwich for you into a bigger half and a smaller half, but the overall sandwich is not that big. Perhaps about 6 inches. Each is wrapped up in a gold foil with a pretty sticker to differentiate between the various sandwiches.

There's a few tables to sit down and eat and relax. For the price of the sandwich (around six/seven dollars), I was pretty pleased. If only they came with some complimentary potato chips on the side :)

Can't wait to try the other sandwiches!

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodiesLocal CultureNightlife Lovers
  • Earl of Sandwich - Planet HollywoodAmbassadorPro 2014

Looking for some cheap(er) foods in Las Vegas after spending it all on gambling, shows, and buffets? The Earl of Sandwich can help! Located in Planet Hollywood, it is one of the cheapest and best foods that Las Vegas can offer! The sandwiches are only $5.99, which is half the price of anything else found in the City of Sin! We had the:

The Earl's Club - Roasted Turkey, Smoked Bacon, Aged Swiss Cheese, Lettuce, Roma Tomatoes & Sandwich Sauce (healthy and delicious)

Caribbean Jerk Chicken - Grilled Chicken, Roasted Red & Banana Peppers & Spicy Jerk Sauce (spicy with a pinch of sourness)

The sandwiches here are one of the best I've ever had. Once you've had some here, it makes Togos, Subways, and Quiznos taste like secondary citizens. Great thing about this place: it's open 24 hours, so when you're up gambling the night away, have one on the Earl! The Earl knows sandwiches... he did create them, in the first place! The choices are numerous, but the taste? They all taste great!!! The crispiness of the bread and the meats is mouthwatering!

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodiesStudentsVegetarian
  • Earl of Sandwich - Planet HollywoodPro 2014

I never thought I would say this about a sandwich shop in a Vegas Casino. But yes, their sandwich is the best I have had.

Happened to be in Planet Hollywood after a show and wanted a quick light meal. I remembered reading about Earl of Sandwich before. Even though this place has an average of 4.5 stars on Yelp, I was still skeptical. I didn't think I could trust the opinions of some drunk gamblers and crazy tourists. I couldn't be more wrong.

All American Sandwich - sweet cranberries, savory melted cheese and roasted turkey on freshly grilled sandwich bread matched with crunchy lettuce and juicy tomato slices. The result is an addicting complex flavor that lingers on your tongue and leaves you wanting more.

The Earl's Cobb Wrap - This wrap variation of their most popular hot sandwich is just as memorable. The old wrap has the perfect texture. Thick enough to not get soggy yet still soft and not grainy at all. The fillings were amazing.

At the end of my meal I was tempted to pick up another sandwich to go. Had I not had another meal scheduled the next day, I would come here for another sandwich... and another one.

Oh please.... would someone bring Earl of Sandwich to California?

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodies
  • Earl of Sandwich - Planet HollywoodCommunity ManagerAmbassadorPro 2014
    Recommended for:Business TravelersFamily TravelersFoodies
  • Earl of Sandwich - Planet HollywoodAmbassadorPro 2014

Yeah, it might be over-rated, but I can't help but come here once on my Vegas trip! Expect a long line, but it moves quickly. The price isn't bad...$7 average (there's 2 tiers of prices too). You have to hawk for a table or go elsewhere to eat...limited seating. My faves are the Full Montagu and Chipotle Chicken.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFamily TravelersFoodies
  • Earl of Sandwich - Planet Hollywood

Heard a lot of hype about this place but I may be missing something because I thought it was just okay. Sure the bread is freshly baked and the sandwiches come out warm and toasted but nothing that stands out from other sandwich shops I've tried.

Recommended for:Local CultureBudget TravelersFoodies
  • Earl of Sandwich - Planet HollywoodPro 2014

I would say this place is overhyped, but no joke, everything that we ordered here was just as delicious as everyone said it was!

I tried their vegetarian sandwich, along with their broccoli cheese soup, grabbed their brownie bites and all was fantastic!

I actually tried the Tomato soup and it was to me wayyy better than the broccoli cheese. The tomato soup came with bits bread inside and it made it all the more tastier!

• Earl of Sandwich - Planet Hollywood

Best Sandwiches you will ever taste. If you see a line, wait in it, there's a reason why people are in line for a sandwich.....It's worth it!

• Earl of Sandwich - Planet HollywoodPro 2014

Why do I consistently crave Earl whenever I drink.... In LA!! The tuna melt is so FUHREAKIN yummy. Whenever I'm in Vegas, I have to make a late night early morning stop by my buddy Earl's. Again, I don't mind standing in a long line as long as it's worth it. Oh my, it's worth it here. And if you're really in a hurry, I'll tell you a little secret. You can call in your order and walk to the front, pay, and pickup. I've done this many times....from the back of the line. Hahaha.

Recommended for:Budget Travelers
  • Earl of Sandwich - Planet HollywoodPro 2014

Great 24 hour spot at Planet Hollywood with cheap yummy sandwiches! The line get long so prepare to wait. Some of my favorite sandwiches are: The Original, Italian, Tuna Melt, and the Full Montagu

• Earl of Sandwich - Planet HollywoodPro 2014

I need to kick myself for not writing a review about this place earlier. If you're looking for a pheNOMenal sammich in Sin City, this is the place to visit. My first one back in January brought me to their Original 1762, with roast beef, sharp cheddar, and creamy horseradish. Absolutely incredible! Since then, I also tried their Earl's Club and Chinese Chicken Salad. The Club was great (you can never go wrong with bacon in a sandwich), but I highly suggest to request the dressing on the side when ordering any of their salads. Even though I mixed it pretty well, it seemed like majority of it appeared more than halfway into eating it. It grossed me out and sadly, I had to throw it out. But despite that, I'll always think of Earl's as a reasonable and tasty option when in Sin City. Ugh, I'm craving one now!

• Earl of Sandwich - Planet Hollywood

$6 sandwiches that doesn't suck. get the full montagu. you won't regret it.

• Earl of Sandwich - Planet Hollywood

Best fast food sandwich in Vegas!

• Earl of Sandwich - Planet Hollywood

Came here after a night at Marquee. Good sandwich but nothing spectaular so im a bit surprised at the 4.5 rating. Still, overall value is pretty good here and this is a pretty good option for late night eats. Day time you have so many other options though so I'd probably skip this

Food tried:
    Italian
    Good flavor. The bread is ok but could be a little thinner.

Montagu(a bite)
    Good. Less flavor than the Italian.

Service: order at the counter and pay. Then pick up your order when you buzzer starts buzzing. Was not too sober when I ordered, but I don't really remember there being much offered in terms of sandwich customization.

• Earl of Sandwich - Planet Hollywood

Great place for sandwiches on the strip, affordable too for Vegas! $6 bucks gets you one of their delicious sandwiches on this cibatta flat bread hybrid kind of a bread. We bought a few and all sampled together. I would have to say my favorite is the Full Montague without a doubt, but The Original, The All American, and the Cannonballs are all wise choices. I want to try the Holiday the next time I'm there, I've heard wonders!

HUNGER!!!!!!

After a night of drinking debauchery I find myself hungry as hell. Low and behold there is this shop that is still open after hours and ready and willing to feed my alcohol induced hunger. Fortunately there wasn't much of a line however there is an extensive list. Then again anything beyond 5 items to a drunk is to be considered an extensive list. And unfortunately it doesn't help if they are unable to make the single tuna melt that I had ordered. Not wanting to wait any longer I ordered the first sandwich on the list.... which I have no recollection of what it is called. I can't tell you whether it was good. I can however tell you though that by the time I woke up that it was all gone... as was my shirt... as was my hunger... as was my buzz...
    and dignity.
    ;D

• Earl of Sandwich - Planet Hollywood

This is a great place to grab a quick and cheap bite, there are lots of choices and the sandwiches are tasty!

• Earl of Sandwich - Planet Hollywood

The sandwiches here are great, as are the prices!

Ear of Sandwich is open 24/7, and they offer some tasty sandwiches. Bread is toasted just right too! I've tried several, but my favorite so far would have to be the carribean jerk chicken because of it's flavor.

Definitely give it a try when you're on a budget! :)

• Earl of Sandwich - Planet Hollywood

Bizarre how Earl of Sandwich is located in the Planet Hollywood Hotel in Las Vegas, because this place is neither Hollywood glamour or Vegas sin; it gives more of the down-to-earth home feel.

The Full Montagu (roasted beef, turkey, swiss & cheddar cheese, lettuce, roma tomato & Earl's mustard) is near sandwich PERFECTION. If you need an extra kick, all the tables are stocked with grey poupon, which I'm a total sucker for. The bf had Cannonballs! (meatballs, marinara, mozzarella & parmesan cheese), which was a little salty, but still delish when hot. Then again, meatball sandwiches were never my thing.

If like me, you need your sandwich with a side of soup, this place offers a few soups to choose from. I had the broccoli and cheese soup, which comes with oyster crackers if you ask for them. It had nice bite-sized chunks of broccoli and wasn't too thick.

To finish it off, we tried the ice cream sandwich made with Ghirardelli chocolate. The top layer of brownie was good, but the ice cream wasn't creamy enough and the bottom layer was cake, which felt kind of cheap.

The best part about it is that the prices are totally reasonable and comparable to national sandwich chains. The sandwiches are all $5.95 and soups $2.95. And don't think you're going to get cheated with a shot glass of soup. It was an honest bowl-sized portion, and definitely more than what you'd get at the other chains. In addition, it offers a variety of fruit cups, parfaits, potato salads, cookies, chips and the like. You can have a full meal for under $10 in Vegas. Unheard of!

Price tags well under ten bucks and a variety of hot sandwiches from turkey and cranberry to roast beef and horseradish.

3,185 people visited Earl of Sandwich - Planet Hollywood