Earl of Sandwich - Planet Hollywood

Planet Hollywood, 3663 South Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109

LGBT
    Bridget Purviance
    4 Oct 27, 2013

I daydream about these sandwiches. Why must the closest one to me be 243.88 miles away? Why can't they be on every corner in California like its bastard stepchild, Subway, is?

We always make it a point to stop by here at least a few times during every Vegas weekend. I love love love the tuna melt, as well as the All-American. As great as everything else looks, I'm too obsessed with those to order anything else! Freshly baked, soft warm bread that melds perfectly with the other ingredients. I usually eat half there and save the other half for after the clubs. They also offer soups, salads, desserts, and wine and beer, too! I've brought back sandwiches to LA for Earl-obsessed friends, and that earns me the best-friend-ever title in their books. I wish they had different sandwich sizes, but that's not enough to keep us away. This place rocks! Please come to southern California!

Lisa Kamei
    5 Jan 07, 2013

If only Earl was a lot closer... 264.8 miles apart to be exact and it hurts because Earl is so darn good and I've been craving it since the day I left Vegas. :(

To be honest, I didn't know about Earl's until last year. My guy friend told me about Earl of Sandwich in Vegas and he was ranting about how it's the best sandwich on earth. Intrigued, I signed up for Earl's club immediately and decide to give it a try next time I went to Vegas, which was this past weekend for my 23rd birthday. :)

I got to Earl's on Saturday around 12pm and boyyyyyy, the line was pretty long. But no need to worry because the workers there are super speedy and you'll have your food in due time! I knew which sandwich I wanted in a heartbeat, "The Full Montagu". Freshly roasted beef, turkey, aged swiss and cheddar, lettuce, tomatoes and mustard sauce. Mmm, just thinking about it makes my mouth water! I want some NAO.

Anyway, Earl's sandwiches are nicely toasted, which makes the outside crisp yet they somehow manage to keep the bread moist and soft in the inside. Cheese are hot and stringy while my mustard sauce gave a nice kick to the sandwich. I added some pepper that they had on their dining table, which wasn't just regular pepper. It was a little bit herby and tasted bombbbb. My best friend got herself the "Hawaiian BBQ" and she also loved her sandwich, which means a lot knowing she's a picky eater hah

And the best thing about my first Earl of Sandwich experience was that it was FREE (not that it's expensive to begin with). Yay, thanks Earl's club for my freebie coupon! I'll be satisfying my craving next weekend when I'm in Vegas again!

OH, ps., did I mention this place is open 24/7? You deserve A+++ in my book. :D

Roy Chi
    5 Jan 04, 2013

Sandwiches get no closer to perfection than the ones at Earl of Sandwich.

On my last visit to Vegas, we made treks to Earl of Sandwich after clubbing at TAO and Marquee on two different nights. True, I was drunk off my ass both times, and so that could have greatly influenced my love for each bite of my sandwich. But, honestly, my measure of Earl's greatness is that I actually remember each delicious bite in what was otherwise a night of blurry flashbacks. I can still taste my Tuna Melt sandwich, even to this day, and it brings back such fond memories of a time when life was truly great.

Additionally, I brought back a Caribbean Jerk Chicken back to my hotel room, passing out before I could touch it. I woke up the next morning, hungover and hating life -- the last thing I could think about was food. However, I took one bite of that cold Caribbean Jerk Chicken that was sitting out for over 8 hours in the hotel room and even THAT was damn delicious.

On my third visit (in the same weekend to Earl's), I got the Caribbean Jerk Chicken sandwich again since I wanted to try it how it was intended (hot and crispy). It went amazingly well with my bowl of Tomato Bisque.

I'm the type of person who strives to try new places all of the time. If I'm in Vegas for 2 days, then I will make it a mission to try a new place every meal. I very rarely ever go back to the same place twice in the same week, let alone the same 2 days.

Earl of Sandwich is so good that I not only ate it 3 times in the span of 2 days, but I was craving it all the way home. Now THAT is the only indicator you need to let you know that you've stumbled upon something phenomenal.

Kevin Cheng
    4 Dec 18, 2012

This is a great place to grab a quick and cheap bite, there are lots of choices and the sandwiches are tasty!

Mmarthie
    5 Nov 19, 2012

Good and Cheap!!!

Everyone, I mean EVERYONE tells me great things about this place. Earl is located in Planet Hollywood. You just line up, pick your sandwich, pick up anything else you'd like (e.g. Chips, desserts, yogurt), pay, and wait for your food.

I opted for the CAPRESE SANDWICH. So good! Mozzarella, basil, tomatoes, and balsamic vinegar. SOO good! And what, four to five bucks only?! Wait, open 24 hours?! What?!

Catherine
    4 Oct 12, 2012

The sandwiches here are great, as are the prices!

Ear of Sandwich is open 24/7, and they offer some tasty sandwiches. Bread is toasted just right too! I've tried several, but my favorite so far would have to be the carribean jerk chicken because of it's flavor.

Definitely give it a try when you're on a budget! :)

Amber Bechtel
    5 Sep 25, 2012

Fresh and hot sandwiches made to order right in front of you! So many yummy ingredient combos it's hard to pick just one and even then the sandwiches are so big you'll probably only eat half of one. My pick on my first visit: Hawaiian BBQ with chicken, ham, swiss cheese and pineapple - delish!

Calvin Cheng
    5 Sep 15, 2012

Dear god. Dear...god.....this place is so good. Some of the best sandwiches I've ever had. And they're so cheap! Especially compared to everything else in Las Vegas! Get a sandwich and tomato soup for dipping. The bomb.

Joanna Sun
    5 Sep 11, 2012

Cheap, open 24 hours, and located conveniently inside the Planet Hollywood mall! I probably go here more than 3 times every time I go to Vegas and stay in the PH Towers (now Elara). My favorite thing to get is the tuna melt!!! You can ask them to add lettuce and tomato for no extra cost! Get your veggies in. The soups are freakin' amazing too. The best one to go with the tuna melt is the tomato soup. My gosh, why would you eat anywhere else in Vegas? It's fast, easy and super affordable.

Yvette T.
    4 Sep 11, 2012

Bizarre how Earl of Sandwich is located in the Planet Hollywood Hotel in Las Vegas, because this place is neither Hollywood glamour or Vegas sin; it gives more of the down-to-earth home feel.

The Full Montagu (roasted beef, turkey, swiss & cheddar cheese, lettuce, roma tomato & Earl's mustard) is near sandwich PERFECTION. If you need an extra kick, all the tables are stocked with grey poupon, which I'm a total sucker for. The bf had Cannonballs! (meatballs, marinara, mozzarella & parmesan cheese), which was a little salty, but still delish when hot. Then again, meatball sandwiches were never my thing.

If like me, you need your sandwich with a side of soup, this place offers a few soups to choose from. I had the broccoli and cheese soup, which comes with oyster crackers if you ask for them. It had nice bite-sized chunks of broccoli and wasn't too thick.

To finish it off, we tried the ice cream sandwich made with Ghirardelli chocolate. The top layer of brownie was good, but the ice cream wasn't creamy enough and the bottom layer was cake, which felt kind of cheap.

The best part about it is that the prices are totally reasonable and comparable to national sandwich chains. The sandwiches are all $5.95 and soups $2.95. And don't think you're going to get cheated with a shot glass of soup. It was an honest bowl-sized portion, and definitely more than what you'd get at the other chains. In addition, it offers a variety of fruit cups, parfaits, potato salads, cookies, chips and the like. You can have a full meal for under $10 in Vegas. Unheard of!

Vivek Desai
    5 Aug 08, 2012

I'm not even sure where to start.
    1st: You should eat here.

The food is good enough to taste AMAZING when sober and is cheap enough to buy when you are drunk. Did you lose to the tables and only have 20 bucks left to your name? You should spend $7 on a sandwich from here.

Last time I was in Vegas, I had 5 of these within 48 hours. I was bummed I didn't take any for the road.

Petey Hsieh
    3 Jul 05, 2012

I love sandwiches. I make them lots myself. I love to have textures like crispness and some tang in my sandwiches. So when I got there, I was expecting a lot. Maybe I expected too much. The sandwiches I ordered were the spicy jerk and the full montagu.

Just a note, if they just changed the name of the sandwiches to numbers, it would speed up their operations by maybe 5 seconds per person. Multiply that by the abundance of people that flock to this join, it would make them more efficient.
    Oh, I do have to say though, the wait for the sandwiches were no more than 7 minutes being crowded. So kudos to that.

Upon tasting, I didn't taste anything different maybe except for the bread. I do love how soft and chewy it is, even though it was baked. Baked...hmm. Isn't Quizno's baked too? I think this joint is almost like a glamorized Quiznos. Tho good, it just tasted gimmicky with the baked option.

I did order a kids turkey sandwich and that sandwich was better than the other two I ordered. So if you just want to try without spending the extra dough, get a kids sandwich here.

• Earl of Sandwich - Planet HollywoodPro 2014
    Rhia R.

I need to kick myself for not writing a review about this place earlier. If you're looking for a pheNOMenal sammich in Sin City, this is the place to visit. My first one back in January brought me to their Original 1762, with roast beef, sharp cheddar, and creamy horseradish. Absolutely incredible! Since then, I also tried their Earl's Club and Chinese Chicken Salad. The Club was great (you can never go wrong with bacon in a sandwich), but I highly suggest to request the dressing on the side when ordering any of their salads. Even though I mixed it pretty well, it seemed like majority of it appeared more than halfway into eating it. It grossed me out and sadly, I had to throw it out. But despite that, I'll always think of Earl's as a reasonable and tasty option when in Sin City. Ugh, I'm craving one now!

Lorrie M

I'm drooling as I write this in remembrance of how delicious my Caribbean Jerk chicken sandwich was. Mmmm. With an extra M.

Plus this place is open ... 24 hours. A delicious, beyond delicious, cheap sandwich place (came out to be around $7.25 for a sandwich) that's hot and melty any time of the day. Did I die and go to food heaven?

Everything here just smells delicious, they use a special kind of bread that's very ... ciabatta meets flaky crust type deal ... delicious and kind of falls apart but compliments your sandwich perfectly. Their meats are extremely juicy and succulent (yes I just used succulent to describe meat ... really this place takes the cake!). Their sauces are awesome and their sandwiches go great with Grey Poupon!

I wish I could order some. :( and now I'm hungry.

Crystal Kranz

My friends and I ALWAYS go to Earl of Sandwich because the food is fresh, hot and tasty! I like to get the tomato soup and the BBQ chicken sandwich. Their sandwhiches are melty and cheesy which is perfect after a night of drinking on the strip!

Craig Kellar

Relatively new sandwich place (trying to become an enormous money-making chain) on the border between Planet Hollywood casino and the Miracle Mile of Shops. They make their own bread, and the toasted sandwiches are pretty good. And a great price ($5.99 for a sandwich? In Las Vegas?).

Veronica Sartori

Earl of Sandwich is one of the most delicious hot sandwich shops (even if it is a chain) available on the strip. Everything is freshly made-to-order and they have a variety of sandwich types. Located inside Miracle Mile Shops (inside Planet Hollywood), Earl of Sandwich is situated right by the entrance on the east side of the Miracle Mile Shops. Their signature sandwiches include The Original 1762 and the Full Montagu.

It is one of the few food places that is not a fast-food chain, that is open 24 hours a day. A great casual spot for any time, whether it's lunch, dinner, or late-night!

Jin Yoo-Kim
    5 Dec 07, 2012

$6 sandwiches that doesn't suck. get the full montagu. you won't regret it.

abdy cook
    4 Oct 04, 2012
    Fares Fares
    3 Aug 28, 2012

Delicious cheap sandwiches

Price tags well under ten bucks and a variety of hot sandwiches from turkey and cranberry to roast beef and horseradish.

3,185 people visited Earl of Sandwich - Planet Hollywood