Trip Plan Details
commented on this trip
If you look around the green fields below Hearst Castle you may get to see some wild zebras roaming around! They were once part of Hearst's private zoo but now run free and reproduce.
- Sebastian's General Store-Cafe442 Slo San Simeon Road, San Simeon, CA 93452, United Statesrecommended Sebastian's General Store-CafeDown by old San Simeon Pier, across Hwy 1 from the foot of the hill leading up to Hearst Castle, this historical general store serves the best deli lunch sandwiches around. Each one could easily feed ... read moretwo people, and they're all made to order. Forget about whatever they're serving at the Hearst Castle visitor center and come here instead. You can even picnic nearby at the beach!Sara Benson
I live down the road, and the sandwiches and take-out deli food here are much better and cheaper than concession stands inside the castle. It's at the beach across Hwy 1 from Hearst Castle.
- Madonna Inn100 Madonna Road, San Luis Obispo, CA 93405
- Hearst Castle750 Hearst Castle Road, San Simeon, CArecommended Hearst CastlePlace when wealthy and famous people have had a joy in they livesRecommended for:Sveta Berlyant
Order tickets in advance- save time. Tours there are included a moderate walk including steps. Could be hot up there when outside. Check their web before going.
- Nepenthe48510 Highway 1, Big Sur, CA 93920
- Robin's Restaurant4095 Burton Drive, Cambria, CA
- The Restaurant at Ventana48123 Highway 1, Big Sur, CA 93920recommended The Restaurant at VentanaStop here to see the view of the oceanRecommended for: