EggSlut

317 S Broadway, Los Angeles, CA, United States
EggSlut

• EggSlut Pro 2014

Make sure you have time because lines here lasts at least 30mins. The food here is amazing.

They are filipino owned and cooked the best eggs, no wonder why they are called eggslut.

I've had almost everything on the menu.

They use brown eggs in their burgers and food.

Juicy delicious and the egg just bursts all over since it's not overcooked or anything like that.

If you are a first timer, get the fairfax, its just egg on a bun but soo good.

Recommended for:FoodiesLocal Culture
  • EggSlut

I came because of the name and because of my love for eggs. Any place that glorifies eggs deserves some of my attention so I made the trek.

This place still draws a crowd so parking sucks, there's limited seating, and a line. Luckily, we took the train in and then walked over. Much better option.

The line was dwindling down when we arrived since they were closing soon and there were plenty of seats available so we kinda had the spot to ourselves. I went with the slut because why not?

The slut is a coddled egg that rests atop a potato puree. It comes in a cool glass jar and the portion is tiny - like snack size equivalent to one of those Yoplait yogurts. I was a little disappointed that I paid $9 for that and was left wanting more. But don't get me wrong, it was good but just not worth the price.

But then again, you come here for the hype. You don't really come here to get full so don't expect this place to be your only stop for the day because we had to leave and look for something else to eat after we were done here.

• EggSlut Pro 2014

Okay so once you arrive, there will be a long line. The line goes pretty slow, we ended up waiting almost half an hour.

I got the "slut", it was 9 bucks and not worth it! I had 3 small pieces of bread and their potatoes egg. I think this was worth 5 bucks at most for the amount of food I got! I think I would need to eat 5 of those to even be full. My gf got the bacon, cheese, and egg sandwich which was $6. That was good! All in all, this place is not really worth the anticipated wait. I wanted to try this place forever but I was disappointed in the end. I love eggs but eggslut seemed overrated to me =(

• EggSlut

I've had Eggslut bookmarked for several months and finally checked it off the list this past weekend. I confirm it is overhyped.
    It is definitely NOT worth the wait. --THE LINE WAS LONG.

-Avo burger came with caramelized onions, cheddar cheese, over easy organic egg, avocado and honey mustard aioli in a brioche bun. I like everything about this burger but the patty was dry. $9

-bacon, egg, cheese- nothing special. About 4 strips of bacon, cheddar cheese, an egg, chipotle aioli, brioche bun. After eating this you will feel heavy for the rest of the day with an uneasy feeling. $6

-steak & eggs plate- medium rare skirt steak that was pretty tender with 2 sunny side up eggs, and arugula salad. I liked it. $10

Overall, I wouldn't go out of my way to come here. Parking is bad, however, there is a lot around and they validate up to 60 minutes.

• EggSlut AmbassadorPro 2014

Delicious food, what a great addition to grand central market! Eggs done perfectly every time, in a brioche bun, biscuit or over a salad. Bacon was heavenly. Spot of ketchup was right on, cheese held everything together. I also recommend the biscuit- so good!! The jam that came with it was perfect, not too sweet and complementary to the richness of the pastry. I can't wait to go back!

• EggSlut Pro 2014

Attractive name with a slight hipster look inside the grand central market.

Slut: A steamed jar with egg, mash potatoes and chives.
    I wasn't too fond of the slut I ordered because of the price. I got it because it was unique and the presentation was nice. I would def recommend it if you're not paying for it.

Egg sandwich? I forgot the name. Brioche bun with eggs... tasted like egg in a bun.

Maybe I'll enjoy the burger more if I ever try it.

I really wanted to try the biscuit people were recommending on yelpland but the price didn't seem worth it.

• EggSlut Pro 2014

I decided to check out their new 'brick and mortar' location at the Grand Central Market. It was really so good. I had the Steak and Eggs, cooked to perfection and seasoned just right. Seriously the best meal I have had since I have been in LA. At $10.00 a pop...well worth it!!

Recommended for:Business TravelersFoodiesLuxury TravelersTrendsters

Yep! A must go in LA for the waiting in line experience XP

• EggSlut

Best Egg Sandwiches EVER.

7 people visited EggSlut