El Abajeno

4513 Inglewood Blvd, Culver City, CA 90230

• El Abajeno

Holy smokes - this place has some of the most authentic Mexican food I've eaten in LA! I was taken here by a friend who says it's the closest to her grandmother's cooking she has found at a restaurant.

I had the carnitas taquitos which really weren't the type of taquitos I'm used to (meat inside a rolled-up, fried corn tortilla) but rather more like soft tacos (meat inside a fresh corn tortilla). These were so delicious! The carnitas was so flavorful and they were topped with fresh avocado and cheese - yum! It came with rice, beans and chips on the side. The beans were so delicious that I ate them all with my chips while waiting in line to pay and only had rice left when I got to my seat. We also ordered fresh guacamole which was very good. My friend liked her soup and she let us try it. Pozole, it was very good :) I saw some people behind us in line order burritos and they were enormous, I'll have to try one soon.

This is SO my new favorite place for Mexican food in LA! I'll be back very soon!

• El Abajeno

Great mexican food for cheap? Look no further! Great portions. Great food quality. I went here for the first time 2 years ago after a long day of hiking and no eating. We went here, gorged, and promptly fell into deep food comas that lasted several years. When we awoke we had learned that we lost our jobs, and that many the people whom we've shared relationships with had moved on with their lives. Our atrophied bodies had aged and developed other health complications in our prolonged repose. Some of us fell into deep depression. It's hard to describe the loss you feel waking up from what you thought was afternoon sleep with everything that you've ever known changed like this. My best friend's grandpa died and another friend Joey had a daughter. How do you deal with that? He sure as hell didn't know. He was a stranger to her. We were all strangers now. So we were angry. Angry at the world and angry at God for taking this away from us. Some one us never moved on. But those of us that did...went back to El Abajeno. Because.....because it was worth it.

3 people visited El Abajeno