El Albergue Ollantaytambo
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 98%Adventure Travelers
- 74%Family Travelers
- 51%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (2)
- El Albergue OllantaytamboMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 2Nov 19, 2013
I did not stay here, but ate at the hotel's restaurant for dinner. The hubby and I made reservations ahead of time, which we were very glad that we did - dining room was small. We loved the open kitchen layout, the display of pasta noodles drying in the kitchen, the intimate, romantic dining atmosphere, the smooth swiftness of the cooks preparing our dinner and of course, the food itself.
We ordered the creamed mushroom pasta and an alpaca steak. Both were excellent choices. Pasta noodles tasted homemade and cooked to a nice, chewy, yet firm texture. Alpaca steak was cooked to a perfect medium rare and tasted juicy and super tender. It was not gamey at all, as I had expected. Delicious.
Highly recommended for dinner. Be sure to make reservations, although walk-ins were seated just fine after 8PM.Recommended for:
Excellent!193 reviews across the web.
- Guests say the hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.
- Ambiance100% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Hotel100% thought it was clean.
- Location100% thought it was easy to get to the train station.
- Food91% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- Service91% found the staff to be very friendly.
- GroundsBeautiful grounds.