El Chubasco

1890 Bonanza Drive, Park City, UT
El Chubasco

• El Chubasco

Very casual dining and many locals favorite Mexican restaurant.

The huge selection of salsas makes it.

Away from Main St.

• El ChubascoPro 2014

Did I just eat here on two "off" days? I've been here twice and really disliked my experience each time. First off, the food is so bland to the point where I question if it's seasoned at all and second, the restaurant is absolutely filthy!

I had chicken fajitas on both visits and while the chicken was of decent quality (all white breast meat), the flavor just fell flat. Be prepared to add a ton of salsas from their salsa bar just to have any sort of recognition by your taste buds. I do not like super spicy food but this food tasted like nothing. The chips were absolutely gross and not worth eating as were the straight-from-a-bag tortillas (really, for these high prices you can't be bothered to make your own fresh tortillas?).

The space is small and there are too many tables packed in. You will be bumping into people left and right. The large salsa bar is right by the entrance so it forces the line to order to form around it, making it impossible to nudge in to get some salsa. I also think this is unsanitary because you have people standing around an open salsa buffet. Gross.

The restaurant is absolutely filthy. I LOVE dives and I am NOT "allergic" to dumps so believe me when I tell you that when I find someplace to be dirty, this place is straight up DIRTY. I'm talking disgusting. Sticky tables, dirt encrusted floorboards, nasty bathrooms...and don't get me started on the salsa bar. That thing is unsanitary and looks like a walking germ fiesta. It's so dirty and poorly kept that I passed on the salsas last time. Really, if the dining room is so gross can you imagine how nasty the kitchen must be?

The employees are very unpleasant as well. No smiles, no warm welcome, and sometimes they can be downright hateful. I heard them nearly berating some poor woman in line behind me because she was confused about guacamole! If this is how I'm treated when I go out and spend my hard earned money, I'd just as soon keep those dollars in my pocket rather than get verbally abused when dining out.

One high note is the super Coke machine where you can choose and mix your own flavored sodas (with hundreds of combinations). Of course, the machine is crammed in the back of the restaurant so you have to elbow your way back there to get a soda. I want to like this local place but I don't see what the fuss is about. If anyone can enlighten me as to the positive reviews, I'd sure like to hear it.

• El Chubasco

One of the best and authentic Mexican food restaurants in Park City is El Chubasco. The price is right and the food is excellent! Located a short 3 blocks from my property.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodiesVegetarian
  • El Chubasco

Great Mexican food at value prices. Best salsa bar I've ever seen. Check out the daily special. Chile Verde is our favorite.

• El Chubasco

A favorite with the locals, El Chubasco is the perfect place for authentic Mexican cuisine. A full salsa bar is offered for lunch and dinner.

• El Chubasco

Mexican. Local and visitor favorite. Good and inexpensive. Hugh salsa bar. Deer Valley Dr. to R on Bonanza, R on Prospector, R into parking lot, restaurant on L. (435) 645-9114

• El Chubasco

I can not tell you how amazing this little Mexican fast food place is. It's a little away from Main Street but it is worth the trip. Their salsa bar is unbelievable and everything I have ever eaten there was delicious. If you love Mexican and just want a little casual restaurant to stop at for a lunch or early dinner definitely stop at El Chubasco. It closes early on Sundays, so make sure you check their times before you head over.

• El Chubasco

5 stars isn't enough! this place is unbelievably awesome!!

• El Chubasco

Our favorite mexican restaurant!

• El Chubasco

The best place to eat in Park City!!!

• El Chubasco

Great place for quick Mexican food. Expect a line during peak hours!

honest mexican food