Eleuthera Travel Guide

• EleutheraPro 2014

Very long and very narrow, this is one crazy-shaped but stunningly beautiful and idyllic outer island. The reefs are in pretty good shape, allowing for great diving and snorkeling. It's a perfect little hideaway to get off the grid for awhile.

• EleutheraAmbassadorPro 2014

When I was here it was pure bliss. I felt like I had the island entirely to myself. Pure white sands and turquoise waters made the beaches incredible and there were rarely other beachgoers. The dining options aren't great, but I have had a few splendid meals here, mostly due to excellent locations. The locals have suffered a lot due to the tourism industry taking a huge hit with Hurricane Bob and never fully rebuilding. It's a little on the rough side but the rewards are worth it!

• Eleuthera

We did really enjoy our 5 days in Eleuthera. it's a very strange place, dominated by empty white beaches and blue ocean. Sometimes, while driving, we felt like ending in the water. People are calm, life is relaxing. Glass Window Bridge is a really frightening place, at least for me! It seemed like to most part of houses were empty and the island a little abandoned. We also ate sometime at local take away, very crazy places. Supermarkets are so small and shops... well you can count them with one hand. We saw marvellous beaches, nobody around. It's worthy going to Joseph's cay: you will find out a lagoon protected by a heart tongue with very white sand. I hope to go back one day!!!

Find Hotels in Eleuthera: