Elizabeth Street Cafe

1501 S 1st St Austin, TX 78704

• Elizabeth Street Cafe

A VERY popular Vietnamese restaurant, just two blocks downhill from the Casita. Features delicately-spiced, very flavorful renditions of Southeast Asian dishes rendered creatively and presented beautifully. Locals flock here for lunch and dinner. Very open, airy, light-filled architecture; lotsa windows. Great food. Go.

• Elizabeth Street Cafe

Elizabeth Street is one of the newest additions to the Austin Foodie scene and the atmosphere is great. It is really cozy and beautifully designed. The service is also friendly and welcoming. While the food is tasty, it is overpriced. I ordered the Pho Bo or Beef Pho and the flank steak was delicious, but the broth had very little flavor. I also ordered a Vietnamese coffee that was average and a macaroon that was also just okay. If you want your Vietnamese fix, i would suggest going elsewhere, but this is a good spot for a date.

• Elizabeth Street Cafe

“‘Vietnamese with a French accent’ is a good description of Elizabeth Street Café. Start with an order of pork buns (our favorite) before digging in to a bowl of pho.” —Josh Neff, CNN iReporter

• Elizabeth Street Cafe

Elizabeth Street Cafe has the potential to be a great resturant. The only reason I found this spot is because I've been searching for places that have decent Vietnamese Crepes.

The area that the Cafe is great location for the people who live down south and who take the bus around. There is not much of any parking in that area. The resturant is in a neighborhood that was not created for increase of development so parking any where in that area is a hassle. When you walk in, its is actually really nice inside. Very Retro/Hipster feeling. It works very well especially that it matches the people who work there. It does feel a little cramp and I imagine if it gets really busy inside it is really tight.

Our Waiter was Clay and let me tell you...He was awesome! As much as he told us that he was not, he is! He was very laid back and easy going. Explained to us everything on the menu that we had questions about. Chatted with us and actually tried to have that conversation to get you hooked into a place.

We ended up ordering a Lychee Black Tea (small) which was delicious! Not to strong in the tea taste but just enough of the Lychee. A Latte and boy do they pack on the foam! Love it! Coffee was really strong! We also ordered the Dungeness Crap Spring Rolls and the Vietnamese Crepe. The Spring roll was really delicious! They use real crab and give you 3 sides of sauces (which I had no idea what they were but it was great). The Crepe was actually pretty good. The outside was cook all the way through to amke the crepe itself crispy but the only thing I wish they would have done was had more filling. Even for one person it was not as filling as I hoped it would be but it is better than Saigon's Crepe by far!

Of course we ended up with dessert which I have to say was the best part! The Puff Rice Profiteroles was DELICIOUS! Soft puffs on the outside, perfectly mixed coffee flavored ice cream. On top with hazelnuts, creme, and dark chocolate! SOOO GOOD! We also ordered the Carmalized Banana Pots De Creme. I am not a Banana fan...OMG this changed my mind completely. It wasn't over the top with the flavor of Banana and was creamy. The Sandies added that perfect touch to it with a thick whip cream on top. To die for it!

I have no had the chance to try everything else but when I do I will rate on that.

If I had to give a con it would be about the Parking and the Prices. The parking situation...they can't really do anything about. The prices are a bit high for what I would like to pay but I would come back several times. Even if it was just for dessert.

• Elizabeth Street Cafe

Amazing little Vietnamese dining + bakery. Noodles and Bánh Mì and my favorite Pho here! Full bar. All the waitresses wear floral dresses. Serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. Happy hour Mon-Fri 3-6. Yum!

• Elizabeth Street Cafe

Incredible Vietnamese cafe. The Vietnamese sandwiches are top notch and the service is fast. The fried chicken sandwich is a bit outside the norm but quite delicious. A bit pricey, but I feel it's worth it. Great coffee as well!

• Elizabeth Street Cafe

Bustling French Vietnamese food in cute, bright house.

• Elizabeth Street Cafe

OMG- these NOODLES are simply delic!

• Elizabeth Street Cafe

Great spot for a quite meal. Little pricy, but the food is good.

French Vietnamese food

Lovely Café!

• Elizabeth Street Cafe

Vietnamese food with a French Bakery....amazing combo!

Contemporary, casual yet upscale Vietnamese