Ella Dining Room & Bar

6 people visited Ella Dining Room & Bar

• Ella Dining Room & Bar
    Laura S

This place is fancy. I like fancy.

I came here to celebrate the fiance's birthday. We got there on time but had to wait. It was apparently busy but still... we came on time. But I understood and we waited at the bar. I ordered a sparkling wine and he got a Malbec. Bartender was nice. It wasn't a crowded bar type of place - always a plus.

We finally got seated and David was our server.

FOOD:
    We ordered two appetizers and our meals.

OYSTERS - No. Noooo... I love oysters and eat them whenever they have them... but these ones. Left a bad taste in my mouth afterward. It was salty and too seawatery. I like them to feel clean and have the taste with the lemon but this wasn't that good.

Bone Marrow - These were big. They could be a person's meal. I don't eat beef but I had some of the bread and a piece of it. It was good. But I don't eat beef.

Pork Chop - the fiance got this. It was actually pretty good. He gave me some and it wasn't overly cooked. Which is a plus. But I was so full from the appetizers.

Fish - I got the last Mahi Mahi - it was good. It came with clams (yay!) and the sauce was good as well. But man it was small for the price. :P

Of course... it's fancy. We also got sorbets - cinnamon and lemon. It was good.

SERVICE:
    David was good. He was attentive and got us our meals at a timely manner.

I put a message with my reservation that it was my fiance's birthday, I had to ask David in front of my fiance if they read my note. He did not and went to check it and yay! We got candles with our sorbet (no, they do not give you free dessert and I knew that because it's too fancy to do that).

AMBIANCE:
    The place was gorgeous. I loved the look and the ceiling. It was very posh and reminded me of LA/Beverly Hills.

OVERALL:
    Disappointed with waiting and some of the food choices, so be aware of what you order. But it's a fancy place to take a person for a holiday because of the ambiance, so go here. Maybe during your DineSacramento time. I did not come during that time.

Hotels Near Ella Dining Room & Bar