Ellis Island Casino & Brewery

4178 Koval Lane, Las Vegas, NV

Schel
    4 Sep 25, 2013

We all like dive bars right? Well I gotta like a dive casino too...

This is a perfect example... What could be more fun while in lost wages than that? They have the basic table games, slots, grub, etc. But they don't have a $25 min per bet and let you just enjoy things a bit more. Want to win a free jug of beer at blackjack? Well then you need to bet $10 per hand... fun little incentive there isn't it?

Pro Tip: Hell you can nap at a restaurant table if you need to after clubben n grubben!

They have a karaoke bar, a pizza parlor, a diner (the aforementioned sleeping zone =Z). I mean what more could you want... wait you want lower prices? Fine its pretty cheap here, so we got you covered... something else also??? Argh! How about a giant roundabout bar in the middle of the gaming area?

Seriously this joint while being only a city block off the strip, is full of fun chit at cheap rates and provides a wonderous nightcap. There is even an attached motel for those who can no longer drive. What more do you want? I don't know but I was here every day for an hour or 3 on my last trip to lost wages... cray cray I know but so what its fun, especially at 4am or whatever ridiculous hour it was when I last rolled into this joint.

I just had fun here and liked the chill crowd, fun peoples and games. Everyone in our group just about thought this place rocked also.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodiesLocal CultureNightlife Lovers
    Oshean Déiare
    5 Apr 07, 2014

The food here is very cheap can't complain at all and it's good no long wait people are friendly the philly chicken sandwich is so damn good

Kim L. "Lady Boss"
    4 Jul 26, 2013

The meal deals here are dirt cheap! =)

Check out their menu: http://www.ellisislandca…

Waitress was very nice & sweet; made us feel like we were very welcomed here.

Got the special Steak & Eggs deal: AWESOME deal in all of Vegas! =)

The steak was tender, juicy, yummy; just perfectly cooked.;)

Service: A

Food: B+

Atmosphere: C (typical old dimly lit casino with smell of cigarettes everywhere)

Trina D.

Ellis Island Casino & Brewery is one of those cool off-strip casinos that is close enough to the action without being overrun by tourists. It's for locals and tourists alike. We came for the outdoor BBQ event. There was a live band, food trucks, and our awesome host Mike. The slots are loose here and the blackjack table we were at was HOT.

It's a great place to come and enjoy a few hours or a few days. Apparently they have an awesome $5.99 steak and eggs special. Who knew? Not this gal. TIL. Thanks for the memories Ellis Island!

Eunice
    3 May 06, 2013
    Steve Hunter
    2 Feb 28, 2014

It's a little off the beaten path and its a little bit Cheesy...yet it is an authentic brewery in Vegas, the beer is pretty good and only $2?

Natalie K
    2 Jul 13, 2013

$6 steak and eggs? Obviously people who get excited about this deal aren't from LA's San Gabriel Valley. The Chinese cafes around here offer $5 steaks and that comes with pasta, steamed veggies, soup and salad. I guess in Vegas, $6 steak is a big whoop so I landed here with a large group around 4am after a night of partying.

Our server was nice and patient. I ordered a medium rare steak with over easy eggs. While the eggs were cooked perfectly, my steak came out medium well. The steak was too dry. I was not going to send a $6 steak back at 4:30am so I ended up putting a lot of sauce on it to make it palatable.

The worst part is the asshole security guy who was rude to me. I walked in with my shoes on and took them off under the table because I had been wearing them clubbing all night. He was reprimanding someone else who walked through the casino barefooted and saw my feet under the table and started pointing at my face and raised his voice at me to put my shoes on. I, remaining true to my nature, gave him some choice words about his rudeness and utilized appropriate profanity to make sure he was clear about my anger level. Luckily for him he backed off before I went even more ape shit on him.

Am I coming back here? If I find myself with another group of 20 and they want to come, sure I would force myself to come back. I, however, will not be suggesting this place or have any desire to come back.

Sarah Kelley
    4 Dec 24, 2012

This is one of my favorite, right-off-the-strip (about 3 blocks) location. The brewery is attached to the Super 8 Motel and houses an actual functioning brewery. The attached restaurant offers cheap meals, including a rib platter under $10/person. The ventilation is not great, so expect to leave smelling like cigarette smoke.

Drew M.
    5 Oct 12, 2012

I thought by day 3/4 in our Vegas trip I would be totally spent, but something about Ellis island infused me with all sorts of energy. Maybe it was the gigantic turkey leg, maybe it was the raffle with tons of gifts, or maybe it was the free beer. All I can say is, it WASN'T the hot dog eating contest... as cool as it was to watch, I felt physically ill and I wasn't even participating!

What Ellis Island may lack in the big strip pizazz, it makes up for in charm and guile. Cheap, delicious food, karakoe, and a super friendly staff all make for a great experience. We were fortunate enough to meet Mike who was running the event we attended, and he was a total boss. We were totally taken care of, and even obliged in our ridiculous scavenger hunt requests.

I know that Vegas is known for good customer service, but I guess I just did not expect to be so warmly welcomed throughout my stay. This event was just a great example of the kind of things I enjoy; a backyard BBQ feel with a live band, great food, great friends, and a fantastic host. I even won some money at the Blackjack table. It doesn't get any better than this.

Grace C.
    4 Oct 08, 2012

this 5 star review is only for the $5.99 steak and egg breakfast that they serve in their little restaurant every day after midnight til the wee hours in the morning. You can also get a steak dinner for 7.99 if memory serves me right.

Talk about a hidden local gem.

If you are hankering for that cheap breakfast deal in the middle of the night - head over to Ellis Island Casino, which is a few blocks off the strip.

It's a decent size ny strip steak, eggs cooked to your preference, potatoes and toast. Yes - it's not Prime restaurant worthy steak, but it's not bad considering it's a decent cut of steak.

The dining room can get kinda full on the weekends - obviously a lot of people come stumbling in here after a hard night of partying....so keep that in mind when you come looking for a deal in the middle of the night.

Wendy

A "local" favorites casino. This is a little "off-the-wall" kind of place. Fun and crazy atmosphere. Lots of prizes and promotions. Restaurant is great and inexpensive. Favorite spot to stop every trip to Vegas!

Alfonso Ortiz
    5 Oct 10, 2012

Awesome to go to for great beer prices and karaoke till 2am!!! Hell yeah!

Ron Miller

Off the beaten path, good brewski and food, meet the local color.

James Griffin
    1 Jun 24, 2012
    Shannon Hoelter
    5 Jul 16, 2012

204 people visited Ellis Island Casino & Brewery

Find good food and friendly service at the Ellis Island Casino & Brewery. Just take a short walk from the Las Vegas Strip to find the best slot club in town. Join the Players Club to earn all sorts of extra rewards. Ellis Island is more than great gaming, too. The restaurant is open all day, every day, and the staff is always happy to see you. Order a great steak dinner from a friendly waitress ... read more
and wash it down with a craft micro brew. When you are done, head to the karaoke lounge or take a free brewery tour.

Platinum Hotel and Spa
Platinum Hotel and Spa
Tuscany Suites & Casino
Tuscany Suites & Casino

The Las Vegas Strip
The Las Vegas Strip
Fountains at Bellagio
Fountains at Bellagio
The Eiffel Tower (Las Vegas)
The Eiffel Tower (Las Vegas)

Ellis Island Restaurant