Embassy Suites Hotel San Luis Obispo
Member Reviews (2)Write a review
- Embassy Suites Hotel San Luis ObispoMember ofHistory BuffsLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 11First to Review
This is an older Embassy Suites, it has been remodelled and repainted, but it still has a feel of decades gone by. It is 4 stories, and the dramatic atrium found in many newer Embassy Suites is more of a large skylight here.
The rooms are suites, but again, not new and fresh in feel. The property is situated next to a large open farming field. It is close to the famous Madonna Inn, just a long block away. It is hard to find, as it sits in the back of the Madonna Plaza big box shopping mall. So you do have shopping and some eating choices nearby. Downtown SLO is another freeway exit north or about 3 miles.
It has all the accoutrements of most Embassy Suites, free happy hour, free internet, free breakfast. The staff is pleasant and helpful.
Perhaps the best thing about this place are in the front near the entrance. The bell station podium has a sign "Luggage Distribution Engineer". Seeing how Cal Poly SLO is a decent engineering school, this makes for good humor. The other thing is the sign post out beyond the driveway, where there are about 16 wineries listed with their arrow pointed in the direction you have to go to visit them.
This is a decent place to pit stop when you are wine tasting the region, and if you are young and don't mind sharing a suite, it could be a real good value.
- Embassy Suites Hotel San Luis Obispo
Well, we probably had our last visit here ... The amount of things wrong with this visit were unbelievable.
1. Had a block of rooms reserved, part of our group decided to go early. (no way to expand reservations, so created an additional one - were told they could merge no problem) NOTE: I have done this successfully at a LOT of hotels.
2. Showed up and two front desk people (idiots) told us no problem.
3. Next morning, we all got bills under the doors with check outs due that day (not merged for two days later). Talked to Idiot #3, he told me that the original reservation was down to 3 rooms, and he could extend the reservation - but not at that rate. I said BULLSHIT! and asked for the supervisor.
4. Supervisor (Idiot #4) comes to front desk, and says "no problem" she will handle. Says she would merge the reservations no problem, and we were all set. Too, we would not have to checkout.
5. Back from our day, and rooms not cleaned. Room keys do not work. Back to front desk.
6. Front desk person (Idiot #5) then says our room reservation had expired, and then said someone else had the room (which was the name on the original reservation). Somehow got room keys and got into our room - stuff still intact.
The hotel seems to be the same as we saw some 9 or ten years ago. Just older and seems dated.
Good!1159 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for business travelers.
- PriceExcellent value for money, said 100%.
- Restaurant94% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- Service93% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Location93% liked the proximity to shopping.
- Hotel79% thought it was clean.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 78%.
Enjoy our beautifully decorated suites with a private bedroom and spacious living room with a sofa sleeper, two televisions, refrigerator, microwave oven and well-lit dining/work table. Every guest is invited to our complimentary, cooked-to-order breakfast and evening reception, serving beverages and light snacks. Business amenities include the largest conference facility in San Luis Obispo County with more than 12,000 sq. ft. of flexible meeting space, and an on-site business center as well. The hotel also offers a round-trip shuttle to the SLO farmer's market every Thursday for a small fee.
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Free Parking
- Swimming Pool
- Data Ports
- TV In Room
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Electronic Room Keys
- In-House Bar
- Meeting Rooms
- Clothing Iron
- Coffee & Tea Maker
- Car Rental Desk