Embassy Suites Orlando North Hotel

225 Shorecrest Drive, Orlando, FL 32701

• Embassy Suites Orlando North HotelAmbassador
    Olivia Isenhart
    5 Aug 10, 2013

I am always swept off my feet by Embassy hotels, but this one is really something special. The entire space is a dazzling atrium, filled with tropical plants and crisp sunshine. The atmosphere makes it a popular spot for weddings, and the hotel itself is in a great location for shopping and various outdoor activities. There is an indoor pool, spa, and even a sauna to enjoy. Each room is very cozy and includes a microwave, fridge, and sink in the kitchen area. As is to be expected with Embassy, you are always taken care of with free WiFi, a big complementary breakfast, and free cocktails in the evenings. Whether you are here for business or pleasure, this is a really stunning spot that you will be craving another visit to.

Recommended for:Business Travelers
  • Embassy Suites Orlando North Hotel
    R David Paine
    3 Jul 05, 2012

Embassy Suites Hotel
    225 Shorecrest Drive, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701

Fell at little short of the extra dollars.
    I stayed at this hotel my third in the immediate area to try it out. Booking an early reservation, weeks in advance, it was still listed as $40 over other properties within this chain (Hilton). The hotel itself is interesting. Situated directly next to the mall and the outer lying strip mall next to it,, it’s look and feel is that of a Northern hotel. The pool and sauna are enclosed on the first floor. There is a large atrium with skylights up to the 9th floor. It houses a beautiful water feature and a gazebo. There are plenty of scattered chairs about as well. Also on this floor is the breakfast area opposite the check in desk, towards the pool, and a small convenience shop and the Omaha Steak House Restaurant (See separate review). When I arrived at 3:00pm I was not greeted as an HHonors member yet again (this does not seem to be the policy in Orlando even though on the website reviews for the chain they ask me every time). I was told that my room was not ready yet. I milled about taking a few Facebook pictures of the cool water feature and managed to get a free coke from some that were set out in the “breakfast area”. These may have been for a meeting in one of the conference rooms, but no one seemed to mind me having one. I waited about a ½ hour and checked back to no avail. I was then given the key anyway and told it still wasn’t ready yet. I decided to check out the mall. I drove over to get closer even though I could have walked but it was really hot that day, and I wasn’t in the mood. The mall is filled with typical fare complete with a food court and an AMC movie house and I debated seeing a movie to kill time until the room was ready. I returned about an hour later and the room was ready. As I headed to the elevator they had signs posted to explain the remodeling that was taking place in the hotel. I would later learn that they had finished the entire hotel except for the ground floor already. The room (900 something) itself was typical of an embassy suites. It had a living space in the front with fold out sofa bed, a small table with a couple of chairs, and a kitchette with a microwave, sink, fridge. The bathroom was plain but nicely equipped with a water pik shower massage. The room was clean and cool. I lowered the temp for sleeping to give a fighting chance before I actually went to sleep and it cooled down nicely. The bed was comfortable and with shutting the door in the hall between the living space and bedroom I would say that it was a 9 on the darkness scale. I did have to cover up the annoying clock but otherwise it slept well. I unpacked showered and changed and headed down to check out the steakhouse. Along the way I took advantage of the free cocktails offered to me again in the “breakfast area”. I had a very small (two sips) glass of crown and coke. The “bartender” (it’s not really a bar) was very nice and poured heavy so I tipped accordingly, but this was certainly not a $40 perk. Perhaps if I was in the drinking mood and I had someone else to speak with I could have chatted in the lobby area and kept returning for more which THEN would make it worthwhile. When I returned to my room after dinner, I tried out the Internet and had no issues with the free connection. Overall this was a decent hotel stay but the elevated price which undoubtedly was a result of the suite, in my case was not justified. If there is inclement weather or you want to be within walking distance of the mall you may want to choose this or if you are traveling with a party of people and you want a separate area for the kids to hang out perhaps but for the solo business traveler, I can’t see justifying this over the other Hilton offerings in the area.
    Fell at little short of the extra dollars.

• Embassy Suites Orlando North Hotel
    Virginia L
    3 Apr 20, 2012

Very Good!303 reviews across the web.

• Guests think this is a family-friendly hotel.
    89% liked the proximity to shopping.
    87% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
    86% thought it was clean.
  • Service
    55% said the reception staff was ok.
  • Grounds
    Nice grounds.
  • Hotel Building
    Building is pleasant.
Showing Lowest Prices(Avg. nightly price)

Close to Altamonte Mall, this Altamonte Springs hotel is situated in the suburbs. Another local attraction is Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra.

Features.
Dining options at Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando north include a restaurant. Room service is available during limited hours. A complimentary breakfast is served daily. Recreational amenities include an indoor pool, a spa tub, and a fitness facility. Wireless Internet access is available in public areas. Business services and concierge services are available. Guest parking is complimentary. Additional property amenities include gift shops/newsstands and laundry facilities.

Guestrooms.
Refrigerators, microwaves, and coffee/tea makers are offered. Bathrooms feature hair dryers. Guestrooms offer phones and complimentary newspapers. Televisions have cable channels and pay movies. Air conditioned rooms also include sofa beds and clock radios. Housekeeping is offered and guests may request hypo allergenic bedding.

Notifications and Fees:

The

... read more
following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check in, or check out.

• Pets: US$ 20 per pet, per day

The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.

Very Good! - 83% of guests recommend