Enterprise Rent-A-Car

9225 NE Airport Way Portland, OR 97220

• Enterprise Rent-A-CarPro 2014

Portland has such a good public transit system, that I always think twice before renting a car when I visit the Rose City. However, during the occasional weekends that I spend with my Son, having wheels is a necessity. Our travels include shuttling over to his favourite Hillsdale hangout, trying out new neighbourhoods, and going on a road trip to Pacific Beach, Mt. Hood, and other places.

When I decide to rent, I go for the cheapest economy option that I can find. This time it was Enterprise and the last time it was Dollar. However, I've almost always had good experiences with Enterprise. I've also become good at declining the sometimes high pressure insurance sales pitches. Here's what I know:

- My USAA policy covers rental cars at the same levels of coverage.

- Paying for my car rental on my Visa covers the "Loss of Use" portion.

- Only in Europe will I pay extra for full coverage.

Enterprise rented me a Chevy Impala that looked and worked like a champ. Check-out and Check-In (including self-inspection) was straightforward, and luckily I had no dings, scratches, or close calls to show for my efforts. What my "can't drive yet" Son and I did have was a great time, and fun discussions about what all those road signs, lines, and colors really mean.

1 member's review