I will be in Medellin for my GF's Bday around the 1st of April. Any suggestions of a nice place to eat for her bday?
Also looking for some local and fresh foods since we are both healthy eaters to wander around during the day.
I am a huge fan of non-tourist spots where locals are. Any other suggestions would be appreciated
Trip Plan Details
- Il Forno Cra 25B No. 18a - 137 (el Poblado), Medellin, Colombiarecommended Il FornoA great selection of salads and decent pizzas for reasonable prices, along with some of the most affordable wine I've seen in Colombia (where taxes triple the price of inexpensive Chilean and ... read moreArgentine vintages). Il Forno is a great choice in el Poblado, the carnival-like nightlife zone.Recommended for:Julia P
In the Zona Rosa, the salads are good, the prices too -
- Centro Cultural GovindaCalle 51 # 52-17, Medellín, Antioquia, Colombiarecommended Centro Cultural GovindaI was so thankful to find some simple food during my two months in Colombia living on varieties of cheesy bread and fruit juice. (Delicious, but still). Govinda is simple, cheap, a place you can go to ... read morestay healthy and feel good in a country that, much as I love it, doesn't always have the lightest fare.Julia P
Wouldn't be for a special occasion, but definitely Govinda for some healthy lunches - it's in the center, not the Zona Rosa...not sure where you guys are staying.
- El Patio del TangoCalle 23, Medellin, Colombiarecommended El Patio del TangoBooze, steak and tango is the winning combination at this literal patio. Smooth, sexy dancing and buttery steak will turn you into a puddle of pleasure, albeit a slightly tipsy one.Recommended for:Julia P
Hey Erick, I'm not sure if you guys include "steak" in healthy, but this place is really fun...could be a cool birthday dinner.
- PapayeraCalle 53 no. 42-55
- Museo de AntioquiaCarrera 52 # 52-43
- Parque de la 93Bogota, Bogotá, Colombia
- Jardin Botanico MedellinCalle 73 51d-14, Medellin, Colombia
- Botero MuseumAvenida Calle 82, Bogotá, Bogota, Colombia