- La Fondue - Saratoga14550 Big Basin Way, Saratoga, CA 95070recommended La Fondue - SaratogaA very popular restaurant in lovely Saratoga. Great place to take a date, very romantic!Eunice
This is about a 20 minute drive from your hotel. Located in downtown Saratoga - very quaint and quiet area with gorgeous mountain views. If you have time to come to this neck of the woods (and if you like wine), not too far is Mountain Winery & Savannah Channelle which are 2 absolutely beautiful wineries that have tasting rooms. Mtn Winery is a def must see if you're in Saratoga!!!!
- Cascal400 Castro St, Mountain View, CA 94041recommended CascalGreat ambiance, happy hour specials, live music (on some days), and service. The orange margaritas are def a must try!Eunice
Love this place - the decor and whole feel of this place is cool. When I do go to Mountain View, it's usually because I come here.
- The Workshop Burgers Bar & Grill126 Castro St, Mountain View, Californiarecommended The Workshop Burgers Bar & GrillThe second location just opened tonight in downtown Mountain View. Best burgers and sausages in the Bay! Get the kobe burger's and strawberry float. I love and dream about the Black Tie Kobe burger.Eunice
There's only 2 burger joints in downtown Mountain View. If you feel like a burger, come north to Mountain View!
- Blue Line Pizza415 E Campbell Ave, Campbell, CA 95008, United Statesrecommended Blue Line PizzaJust opened up a few months ago in downtown Campbell. Every time I pass by here, it's always slammed. Finally made a visit and wasn't disappointed one bit. All the dishes we ordered were great. The ... read moregarlic bread is so cheesy! Loved the chicken pesto pizza. Will def come back here to try the deep dishes. Great service too. The second location will open up in Burlingame in July. The first 2 stores are in San Francisco under a different brand name - all 4 locations have the same menu.Eunice
Get's slammed here at nights. Indoor and outdoor seating.
- Sushi Confidential247 East Campbell Avenue, Campbell, CA, United Statesrecommended Sushi ConfidentialBest sushi in Campbell! Full bar and off the hook menu featuring exotic rolls, pretzel bread sliders with ahi tuna or grilled chicken, great entrees, and fun sake drinks. Fish is very fresh and ... read moredelicious. My favorite roll is the Geisha. On point and friendly staff.
- Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant640 Emerson St, Palo Alto, CA 94301recommended Gordon Biersch Brewery RestaurantThis place had the best food and seemed to be the most popular place in town. The interior is full of brewing equipment making the beers on tap with a fun bar area, and a huge seating area with ... read morebooths. I enjoyed sitting outside in the courtyard under the ceiling made of strings of tiny white lights. The place was packed, the staff funny and friendly, and the beers were dangerously delicious!
- LB Steak334 Santana Row, #1000, San Jose, CA 95128recommended LB SteakAmazing brunch spot on Santana Row! There were so many things that caught my eye as I went down the menu, including the vanilla brioche french toast and salmon hash with poached eggs. Then it was ... read morebetween the NY Roast French Dip and the New England lobster roll. The $17 lobster roll won, and I'm so happy I got it! It was a huge portion with super fresh lobster chunks and served with the best French fries ever! I had a bite of the prime skirt steak and eggs, and that was really succulent. Can't go wrong ordering steak here! LOVE the elegant and chic decor inside, but on a warm day/night, the outdoor dining area is great. It may be a French inspired steakhouse, but service is friendly and totally unpretentious. There's a beautiful bar and "library" in the back, which is great for private parties! Definitely a choice spot for brunching in SJ - will have to return for dinner soon.
- El Jardin Tequila Bar & RestaurantSantana Row, San Jose, CA, United Statesrecommended El Jardin Tequila Bar & RestaurantBetween the three of us, we received two phone calls during our lunch here, and both times we managed to make people on the phone believe we were in Mexico. The live mariachi band was playing behind ... read moreus, and as we were sitting on plush lounge furniture sipping on muddled grapefruit margaritas, it definitely felt like we were in Mexico, not in the middle of Santana Row. Every restaurant at Santana Row has outdoor seating, but El Jardin is the only one that is solely outdoors. It's a fab tequila garden, with an awesome margarita menu and the food is some of the least expensive on the entire Row. Everything is appetizer portions, but if you're just in the mood for a small bite, it's perfect. The street tacos are three for $7-9. The lamb tacos are awesome. The chicken flautas are tasty and tortas are really filling sandwiches. They do charge for every little thing though ($1 for extra salsa?!) so it can be easy to rack up a bill. Especially with those margaritas. Get a pitcher to save a few bucks.
- The Grill on the Alley - San Jose172 S Market St, San Jose, CA 95113recommended The Grill on the Alley - San JoseMy initial perception of the place was that it was going to be a hoity toity type of place, because it's a steakhouse inside the Fairmont Hotel. But I was wrong! The place had a classy old school vibe ... read moreto it, and the staff were all very friendly and unpretentious. While the prices were steep, and to be expected, the portions definitely made up for it. I had trouble deciding what to get because the menu was quite extensive, ranging from appetizer salads that are huge enough to split and still seem like an entree portion for both people, to pastas and seafood, and of course steak and prime rib. I decided to go with their $39.95 pre-fixe menu which included soup or salad, entree of your choice from a selection of about 5 items (I went with the lamb chops), and a full dessert of your choice from the regular menu. This was definitely the best deal, because had I gotten lamb chops on their own, it would have been $42. I wish I had gone with the Manhattan Clam Chowder instead of the creamy tomato soup of the day, but I didn't realize I could have chosen it. The lamb was a nice serving of 3 chops with a large grilled veggie kabob. They were nicely done, and more than enough food. For dessert, I went with the key lime pie with fresh whipped cream, which was delectable. I also tried a bite of the peach cobbler of the day with ice cream - it was huge and scrumptious! This is definitely a splurge type of place, but the pre-fixe was definitely reasonable. I'll have to come back for their Happy Hour specials - $5 well drinks and $6 appetizers at the bar! Tip: Although it's not on the regular dinner menu, you can order the $16 regular cheeseburger or $25 kobe burger from the bar menu!
- ARCADIA100 W San Carlos St, San Jose, CA 95113recommended ARCADIAThoroughly impressed! Thank you Michael Mina for bringing your fine taste and fare to downtown San Jose. This modern American steakhouse is housed inside the Marriott, with Tanq bar located right ... read moreoutside of it. Arcadia has its own lovely lounge and bar area though, and is much more low key, but still very much upscale. The chic restaurant is extremely large, with several private rooms that are perfect for parties and corporate dinners/presentations. The food is exquisitely presented and prepared. I LOVED my pan roasted chicken with truffle mac 'n' cheese. The ahi tuna tartare was also excellent and prepared at the table. They even split the starter onto 2 plates for us. For dessert, we indulged in their molten chocolate cake with salted caramel ice cream. It was divine. Mina definitely delivers more class to SJ!
- Blush Raw Bar Lounge100 N Almaden Ave, San Jose, CA 95126, United Statesrecommended Blush Raw Bar LoungeLocated inside San Pedro Market, Blush is exactly what Downtown San Jose has been needing - a chill spot to lounge and enjoy delicious raw bar bites and creative cocktails. Super friendly and cool ... read moreco-owners Russ and Taylor can be spotted here on any given night, making their rounds and giving the bartenders and servers a hand. The aloha spirit is definitely felt here! Must gets from their menu: - Salmon tacos - Hamachi spoons - Raw oysters - Rose Roll - Chocolate molten cake There's a double happy hour here with $1 oysters and other sweet deals. Love their specialty drink - the Blushies! There are endless concoctions, but I loved my signature Blush slushie. Be warned - they may be pretty but they're strong! On warm nights, their outdoor patio is the ideal spot to hang out.
- Philz Coffee3191 Middlefield Rd, Palo Alto, CA 94303recommended Philz CoffeeI gotta say, with all the hype about Philz Coffee, I came here all ready to criticize the hipster barista attitude, the backward flow for ordering (talk to the baristas at the end of the bar, then ... read morebacktrack to the cash register by the door to pay, then go back to the middle of the bar to pick up your drink). But one sip of the iced minty mojito with cocoa and fresh mint leaves (wait, I don't even like fancy-schmancy flavored coffee drinks!) and now I'm a Philz acolyte. This branch has zero free parking, but there's usually a metered on-street spot nearby.Sara Benson
I figured you might also want/need a place for good coffee, and this one is convenient in central San Jose...just a thought!
- San José State University1 Washington Square, San Jose, CA
- San Jose Museum of Art110 South Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113-2307
- Santana Row3055 Olin Avenue, San Jose, CA
- Dolce Hayes Mansion200 Edenvale Avenue, San Jose, CA, United States
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Jose2050 Gateway Place, San Jose, CA, United States