Espetus Churrascaria

1686 Market Street San Francisco, CA 94102
Espetus Churrascaria

• Espetus ChurrascariaPro 2014

There aren't many Brazilian meat buffets in the city. I want to say this is the only one. If you've never been to one, it goes like this: Get a plate, walk through the salad/sides buffet and load it up. Walk back to your table. Turn the knob thingamajig to "green" for go, and servers will offer you all kinds of meat! When you want them to stop approaching, turn your knob to red.

Lunch is half the price of dinner.

• Espetus ChurrascariaPro 2014

Espetus is a great Brazilian BBQ restaurant. Come hungry to get your money's worth, but it is a bit pricey. Their salad bar is well stocked with side dishes to go with your meat. Some notable dishes are the paella and their assortment of cheeses. The cuts available are sirloin, top sirloin, garlic beef, filet mignon, beef ribs, chicken, garlic chicken, parmesan chicken, bacon wrapped chicken, chicken hearts, pork loin, and grilled pineapple. The service here is great as well, everyone is polite and will bring to you whatever you request. I had a wonderful dinner here and I am sure you will too.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFamily TravelersFoodiesLocal Culture
  • Espetus ChurrascariaPro 2014

YES PLEASE! BREAK PLEASE. MORE PLEASE! That was the continued theme of the night...

First time trying a brazilian steakhouse and Espetus did not disappoint! Pats on the back to me for making reservations in advance because on this Friday night, it was about a 90 minute wait. YIKES! Service was great even though it was a packed house, but then again, it is a buffet themed steakhouse.

After being seated, they start you off with polenta, fried banana, and some type of cheese bread. WARNING: DON'T FALL FOR IT!! It's to fill you up so you don't have room for all the deliciousness that awaits! Which brings me to their gourmet salad bar...so many different options. I circled through their different options and what they had to offer I was fully intent on maximizing my belly for all their meats. But from what I do remember, they had brazilian chicken salad, salami, parma ham, olives. I'm sure I missed a lot but didn't pay enough attention to this section.

Here's how it works. Once you're seated, you have a sign on your table. Green = Yes, give me more meat please! Red = I need a breather please, no meat please. I noticed each of the staff strategically walked around so you tried each meat at least once. Here's some of the highlights.

Sirloin Steak: Their signature meat, cooked to absolute perfection. Unique, distinctive, don't pass up on this!!

Parmesan Steak: They weren't kidding when they said it...full of cheesy deliciousness, and a little too cheesy for my taste buds but still nevertheless flavorful.

Bacon wrapped Filet Mignon AND Bacon wrapped chicken: The saying holds true...anything wrapped with bacon is good!! Although on the saltier side, but I had quite a few of these. My mouth continues to water as I recall this piece of heaven.

Leg of lamb: I know I had this, but I think this was the one where I had to pour some salt and pepper on, not enough flavor and little bland. But the meat was cooked well!

Brazilian sausage: Stuffed my face full with a few of these, so good!! Need I say more?

Chicken hearts: This was probably one of my least favorites here...not sure what it tasted like...was it just my taste buds or did it taste a little bit like mushroom?!

The price is a little steep for dinner service; $54.95/person, and with taxes, tip, and SF good eats fee (really???), it comes to about $70/person. So make sure you get your money's worth on meats!! Lunch on the other hand for weekdays, is more cost friendly at $25.95/person, and $37.95/weekend.

I'll be back (Arnold Schwarzenegger impersonation).

Recommended for:Business TravelersFoodiesLocal CultureLuxury Travelers
  • Espetus Churrascaria

Best churrascaria in the Bay Area, even better than some in Brazil! Top notch. Wide variety of meats and tempting salad bar. The restaurant itself looks fancy and perfect to celebrate an special occasion. Not 5 stars because the price is really salty :P

Recommended for:Business TravelersFoodiesLuxury TravelersTrendsters
  • Espetus ChurrascariaAmbassadorPro 2014

Brazilian Buffet Extravaganza! The most expensive meat-lover's buffet you'll ever have, Espetus was a carnivore's dream come true, and worth every penny! The meats are cut at the table by servers. A green tab keeps the meat flowing; a red tab means "No More!!!" Espetus' buffet consisted of the best-tasting salads and meats varying in size, texture, and flavor, from "mouthwatering robust pork sausages, slow-roasted Brazilian herb chicken, parmesan-roasted pork loin, tender pork ribs, and top sirloin, and much, much more...". I counted 14 different types of meats/fruits served on their skillets: (1) Fillet Mignon, (2) Sirloin, (3) Top Sirloin, (4) Flank Steak, (5) Baby Back Ribs, (6) Chicken/Parmesan, (7) Chicken/Bacon, (8) Pork Loin, (9) Pork Tenders, (10) Lamb, (11) Pork Sausages, (12) Rack O' Shrimps, (13) Chicken Hearts, and (14) Roasted Pineapple (my favorite). In addition, there were fried plantains and cheese puff pastries. The mango salad was also another winner!

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersFoodiesNightlife LoversTrendsters
  • Espetus Churrascaria

A buddy and I decided we wanted to eat some delicious steak. After considering a few different places we decided to go with Espetus, because of it's proximity to our apartments. We decided that we could gradually step up our game. We'd start with quantity and work our way up to higher end steakhouses.

Service:
    The service was acceptable. Not amazing, but not too much to complain about. Espetus isn't really a place where you get a lot of interaction with your server. You basically get your own salad, rice, veggies, etc, while various servers walk around with meat and slice it up on your plate. My only complaint was towards the end of the meal they seem to come around less. Usually at this point you have selected specific types of protein that you prefer. It can be a little difficult to find someone walking around with what you want. We had to wait a good 15-20 minutes for it come around (even after asking our server).

Food:
    The food is pretty good. If you love meat you would love this place. My favorites were the top sirloin (the most flavorful) and the filt mignon (the most tender). They also offer some more unusual options like chicken heart.

Overall it is a great experience. They offer decent quality meat, but it comes at a price. Aside for the meal we ordered a beer. Our total bill came to about $83 including tax and tip.

• Espetus Churrascaria

They take awesome meat. Make it fun to devour by bring it to you on a sword. And you can have as much as you want. And you can have as much guacamole as you want. And they have amazingly good cheese puffs like all steak houses should (but this is actually BBQ). And the service is amazing!

...I actually typed all that out and decided they needed another star.

• Espetus Churrascaria

The restaurant was surprisingly empty on a Tuesday night, but that just meant more meat to go around. Typical of a lot of Brazilian Churrascarias, the salad/side bar was very well prepared to the best details. Surprisingly, the guacamole was amazingly delicious. As were the pork & beans stew and the cous cous.

Now to the meat-- good selection. Most of it were standard fare with Brazilian BBQ, but a few particular cuts stood out: the spice encrusted sirloin (not the wine braised one), the lamb chops, and long ribs. As a pleasant surprise, the roasted pineapple was a very nice treat!

And don't forget to try the Brazilian rum at the bar :p I would come back here again... my only slight complaint is that I wish they had valet parking so as to add a layer of convenience.

• Espetus Churrascaria

Awesome if you love your meat. Had an unbeatable birthday dinner there this June. Be sure to speak to the waiters who are friendly for customized bbq options available.

• Espetus Churrascaria

How did it take me this long to review one of my favorite restaurant institutions in San Francisco?! Even vegetarians can have a fulfilling night here with the best salad bar I've ever seen. It's no American salad bar with iceberg lettuce and dressings. It has pao de queijo, feijoada, moqueca, thick tomatoes, fruits, rice, various pastas, eggs, white beans -- oh my! I miss Brasil just thinking of Espetus' salad bar! Enjoy the friendly charming servers in the Brazilian gaucho outfits, turn your dials to green, and have the best night of your life. Plus lunch provides the same food at much lower prices.

• Espetus ChurrascariaPro 2014

Upscale churrascaria serving unlimited meat skewers, salads & side dishes for a fixed price.

• Espetus Churrascaria

The one in the Peninsula in San Mateo is better.

768 people visited Espetus Churrascaria