Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Art & Design Lovers
- 98%Local Culture
- 75%History Buffs
- 74%Family Travelers
- 51%Business Travelers
Member Reviews (6)
- Essex HouseMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersBusiness Travelers+ 4First to ReviewOct 29, 2013
I was surprised to find such a quiet Art Deco hotel located right behind the Clevelander, which is its sister property. Since the pool at the Clevelander currently has a stage over it, guests there can come over to use the pool at Essex House. It’s small, but is all you need to cool off. (Besides, the ocean is just a block away). The lobby is a peaceful little spot for taking five from the South Beach mayhem—it has lots of couches and a beautiful old mural on the wall. Lots of guests like to have their morning coffee on the covered porch, too. The suites here are good for sharing and have Jacuzzi tubs. With its historic roots and quieter vibe, this is the kind of place I’d recommend for family visiting Miami—the kind not necessarily looking to party.
- Essex HouseJul 05, 2012
Great location. In the middle of all actions while quiet enough that I can still sleep through the night. Beds are very comfortable. Go for it if you can get a good price. For the price of $170 per night that I paid. I was satisfied w. the value. However, I would not paid more for it.
- Essex HouseMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsBusiness TravelersGreen Travelers+ 1Jul 05, 2012
Beautiful art deco hotel that feels like a private garden resort, yet sits just off the beach from the hustle and bustle of its famous sister property, the Clevelander. South Beach just may be the only place in the world where I would choose against the hotel in the heart of the action. Give me the quiet relaxation of the Essex any day over the raucous parties and beach scene of the Clevelander. Yet, as they are sister properties, all amenities of both hotels are open to all guests, and in reality, the party is never really far away. Lovely, centralized spot in South Beach. Perfect little hotel.
Recreational amenities include an outdoor pool. Wireless Internet access is available in public areas. Business services, concierge services, and tour assistance are available. Additional
There are 68 guestrooms at Essex House Hotel with city views. Bathrooms feature shower/tub combinations, designer toiletries, and hair dryers. In addition to CD players, guestrooms offer direct dial phones with voice mail. Televisions are available in guestrooms. Air conditioned rooms also include irons/ironing boards and clock radios. Housekeeping is offered and guests may request wake up calls. Guestrooms are all non-smoking.
Notifications and Fees:
- There are no room charges for children 16 years old and younger who occupy the same room as their parents or guardians, using existing bedding.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check in, or check out.
- Valet parking: US$29 per day
- Deposit: US$100 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Very Good!1049 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a good boutique hotel.
- Guests think this is a wonderful family hotel.
- Location100% appreciated the closeness to the beach.
- Ambiance99% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Service99% found the staff to be very friendly.
- BeachWonderful beach. 97% of guests enjoyed it.
- Food96% were happy with the price.
- Hotel92% thought it was clean.