Extended Stay America

831 Main Street, Woburn, Massachusetts

• Extended Stay AmericaPro 2014
    Schel
    3 Sep 25, 2013

Ok you need a hotel near beantown, but you dont want to pay the exorbenent prices in Boston proper... how about an average hotel in Woburn about 5-10 miles away with easy subway access being a hop skip and short drive away? Well that is what this place is. I ended up booking 3 nights here randomly through priceline for my New England swing with the munchkin. We stayed here our first two nights and our last night.

I like that there is always a kitchenette in each room at any of the Extended Stay America's that I have ever been to. The bed was rather comfy as well I noted.

Pro Tip: Pool hours are from 9am to 10pm. However I doubt anyone goes swimming after dark as the pool didnt seem to be heated and when we went to hop in at 6 or 7 one night it was a bit cool to say the least.

On to the needing improvement stuff =\ the curtains dont block out the sun well as they leave a big gap on the edges and the beds get weird sun action streaming in, the hot water isnt that hot, shampoo/soap are horrible on your hair (so bad in fact I didnt let my daughter use it more than the first time, it strips all the oils and conditioner out of your hair and caused MASSIVE TANGLES for her), most importantly the staff doesnt know the area or how to get into boston well.

Pro Tip #2: The free breakfast is a "grab n go" deal. Muffins, oatmeal bars, chewy granola bars, apples, oranges, coffee, and quacker instant oatmeal. It was servicable but not top tier by any means.

I had inquired with the ladies working the front desk at our check in for some good restaurants that locals hit up that are not chains and the answer that I received... wait for it... ohhh yeah your gonna love this answer... The best that she could come up with was Applebees! Seriously this is your suggestion??? REALLY WTH! Thank God I have ways to find better grub and with 3 country bistro and Lisa's Pizza nearby, at least there is good grub within walking distance or a short drive.

Ohhh and one other issue is that you can only print via printme.com. This is a great idea that was not well executed. They have problems big time with pdf's and multipage documents. I literally had to convert my pdfs into jpgs in order to get them to print, with each page a separate picture... This was a major pain when printing airplane boarding passes and other pre purchased internet deals for various sights we were visiting in Boston.

I would stay here again, but I would be as likely to stay anywhere else as well... *shrugs*

Recommended for:BackpackersBudget TravelersBusiness TravelersFamily Travelers
  • Extended Stay AmericaPro 2014
    Steve Baumgartner
    4 Jul 05, 2014

Location...conveniently located near the interstate. I wouldn't normally consider an extended stay hotel, but it was a price line deal. Loved having the kitchenette with full sized fridge, microwave, toaster, dishwasher, stove, dishes, glasses, and pots.

Showing Lowest Prices