Trip Plan Details
commented on this trip
Hello, first of all you have to rent a bike. It s amazing to explore the hole town by bike(if it is possible, because of the weather)! The metro and train are a bit expensive so the bicycle is the best choice. You should visit the eastern Berlin where the Sachsenhausen is, which will be an incredible experience to get in touch with the history of Nazi Germany. You should also visit the Houmbolt University where you can walk through the library and the reading hall and also, rest and drink a coffee in the cafeteria. Some other places that you should visit are: Alexanderplatz, The Brandenburg Gate, Potsdammer Platz, which is concerned as the centre of the city. Also, the Berlin Cathedrall, the "Unter den Linden" avenue the Sony Center, the Berlin tv tower where you can have lunch, the red city hall, the Pergamon museum (it is very expensive but you must try it), you should walk through the "Tiergarten", the Memorial church and it will be a great experience to visit the "Reichstag" but you have to make an application form via internet to be accepted there. These are the most noticable attractions I think. It will be helpful to buy a guide book! Hope I have helped a bit. Enjoy your trip!.Comment.2 months ago. Report
- WaterGateFalckensteinstr. 49, 10997 Berlin, Germanyrecommended WaterGateRecommended for:.Comment.2 months ago. Report
commented on this trip
Berlin offers various 3-hour FREE walking tours.
You learn so much, see the sights with some awesome people and make friends.
Be sure to tip your guide--- that's how they make their money!
- Berghain/PanoramabarAm Wriezener Bahnhof 1, Berlin, Germanyrecommended Berghain/PanoramabarFor electronic music in Berlin -- arguably the world capital of electronic music -- it doesn't get much better than Berghain. On the edges of the uber-hip Kreuzberg neighborhood, the huge, industrial ... read moreinterior is one of the very best places in the capital to dance to hard-style techno. If you're serious about dancing or -- more to the point -- rocking your face straight off your skull, go here. Period.Matthew Crompton
Awesome clubbing experience. You can check out the Berlin section of my passport for some more ideas. Good luck! ^_^
- Mustafa's Gemüse Kebap Mehringdamm 32, Berlin 10961 Germanyrecommended Mustafa's Gemüse KebapBerlin has the best Turkish food north of the Hellespont, and Mustafa's (in Kreuzberg) has the best kebabs in Berlin. Super-cheap (about 3 euros), super-delicious. Lines for lunch or evening ... read moredrunk-time can be hella long.Matthew Crompton
- KreuzbergKreuzberg, Berlin, Germanyrecommended KreuzbergOnce as far east as you could go and still be in West Germany, Kreuzberg is one of Berlin's coolest neighborhoods. With a large immigrant population and some of the best Turkish food this side of the ... read moreBosporus, Kreuzberg is also a major home of Berlin's punk, hip-hop, and indie music scene. One of my favorite places in one of my favorite cities.Matthew Crompton
It's getting increasingly gentrified and on the tourist radar, but it's still a great little neighbourhood.
- Neue NationalgaleriePotsdamer Straße 50, 10785 Berlin, Germanyrecommended Neue NationalgalerieBerlin's other 'neue' museum, the focus of this gallery is firmly on modern art, especially 20th-century painting. The museum is worth visiting for the cool modern building that houses its collection ... read morealone, but the pieces on display are wonderful as well. I saw a Picasso retrospective here in 2005 that blew my mind.Recommended for:Art & Design LoversMatthew Crompton
Depending on what the special exhibition is here, this can be one of the best gallery experiences in Berlin.
commented on this trip
Hey Fabio! I haven't been to Berlin in a while but check out this great arts and culture guide from London-based writer Amah-Rose: http://www.gogobot.com/art-design-and-history-in-buzzing-berlin-amah-rose-abrams
Hope that's helpful!
- KaDeWeTauentzienstraße 21-24, Berlin 10789 Germanyrecommended KaDeWeThis is the second largest department store in Europe - "Department Store of the West" It has 2 large food floors - the biggest we have ever seen. The have stations were you can eat almost any type of ... read morefood you could want. We had dinner at the German food section and the portions were enormous. If you go away hungry from this place it is your own fault. There is also a buffet restaurant on the top floor which is excellent and well priced.Recommended for:FoodiesLeigh Virkus
The neighborhood where this store is located has a lot of excellent shopping.
- Akademie der KünstePariser Platz 4, 10117 Berlin, Germanyrecommended Akademie der KünsteGreat building next to the Hotel Adlon that hosts the Academy of Arts. Often have special exhibitions. A wonder of modern architecture. Might see what's on if you're in the area.
- Pariser PlatzPariser Platz, Berlin, BE 10117 Germanyrecommended Pariser PlatzNot sure this deserves a separate entry but this is the square where you'll find the Brandenburg Gate, the Hotel Adlon, the Academy of Arts, a Starbucks, and some good sausage vendors.
- Brandenburg GateAm Pariser Platz, Berlin, BE 10117 Germany
- Pergamon-MuseumAm Kupfergraben, Berlin, BE 10117 Germany
recommended Hotel Adlon KempinskiMay well be the best run hotel in continental Europe. And this for someone who does not love Berlin. Superb, flawless service, surprising value and unbeatable location!
- Checkpoint CharlieFriedrichstraße 43-45, Berlin, BE 10969 Germanyrecommended Checkpoint CharlieFirst saw this in 1989 when it was a lot more meaningful. Not sure I am all that comfortable with the way Berlin commemorates a Divided Germany, but there we are.D'Maris Coffman
It's a bit creepy. but sort of a must see.