The Fairmont Norfolk is the hotel to stay in Nairobi. It is very centrally located and the grounds and gardens are quite zen. This is a beautiful historical property.
Restaurants near Fairmont The Norfolk
- 10.02 miThe Fairmount Norfolk, Harry Thuku Rd, Central Business District0.02 mi from Fairmont The Norfolk
Located at the Fairmount Hotel, the prices here make it a place that cannot be visited too often. However, the food is delicious and the service is excellent. In a city where everything is expensive, and sometimes good, this place leaves you feeling like you paid for a high quality meal. The fish and steak are both recommended.Popular with
- 20.62 miWabera Street and Kaunda Street, Nairobi, Kenya0.62 mi from Fairmont The Norfolk2 reviews
Amazing freshly cooked pasta, on maybe the most extensive Italian menu in town. Conveniently located right in downtown Nairobi. They also serve seafood, and have a large wine list. Not cheap though. They take online reservations.Popular with
- 30.99 miNational Bank Building, Harambee Avenue0.99 mi from Fairmont The Norfolk2 reviews
Try their Calamari Maridadi, a grilled calamari with olive oil, served with mixed green leaves and sweet red pepper salsa. It's sumptuous. If you want ambience though, head for The Tamarind Mombasa.
- 40.77 miChiromo Lane, Nairobi, Kenya0.77 mi from Fairmont The Norfolk2 reviews
Far from authentically Mexican, it is also much closer than one usually gets on the African continent. While the food is not quite up to par to satisfy a fixing for Mexican, the drinks certainly are, and they might have the most extensive tequila collection in town. Good place for some sun downers with friends.Popular with
- 50.76 miParklands road, Westlands0.76 mi from Fairmont The Norfolk1 review
Our waitress promised the spare ribs to be the Holy Grail of all earthly grill experiences. Well, she wasn’t too far off. The spur’s famous Baby Back ribs are basted in liters of barbeque sauce, and are therefore not the safest option if you show up in your crisp, white office shirt. But the ribs were perfectly prepared. I might ...
- 60.66 miNairobi, Kenya0.66 mi from Fairmont The Norfolk1 review
Hot on the heels of Java is the South African entrant, known for its understated locales and – according to most people – its superior cappuccino. The service was pleasant, eliciting my largest tip of the day. The cappuccino was nicely presented, complete with the obligatory detailing atop the drink. The taste was mellower than Java’s – more medium roast ...
- 70.67 miMama Ngina Street0.67 mi from Fairmont The Norfolk1 review
Wimpy might not offer you a classy venue or a memorable beef burger taste, but it’s a place to go when you want fast service and good prices. Their beef burger is just that – a bun and grilled beef; nothing fancy, unless of course you order extra toppings.
- 80.6 miP. O. Box 46302 Processional Way, Nairobi, Kenya0.6 mi from Fairmont The Norfolk
The poolside restaurant in the Serena hotel. They do overpriced buffets for breakfast and lunch and otherwise have a marginally interesting menu of sandwiches and the sort. The food kind of feels like its from a posh cafeteria, but it is very nice to sit by the pool.
- 90.42 miMamlaka Rd, Nairobi, Kenya0.42 mi from Fairmont The Norfolk1 review
Located at the YWCA, it is a value spot for sure. You can get local dishes, and an assortment of other lunch and dinner items for a couple dollars. Great option if you are on a budget.Popular with
- 100.6 miAt the Stanley Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya0.6 mi from Fairmont The Norfolk1 review
A small dimly lit restaurant in the Stanley hotel. The decor is well done, and the service is great, but the food is definitely only a ghost of what one would consider Thai food, all spice or sophistication has been removed possibly so as not to offend the international taste bud. Therefore its not a place I frequent especially given ...Popular with
- 110.6 miNairobi, Kenya0.6 mi from Fairmont The Norfolk
A past traveler relic, but now basically a vastly overpriced cafe in the middle of Nairobi traffic. The service of course is friendly, but there is really no point in paying twenty dollars for the breakfast buffet there, and nothing really for the visitor to see.
- 120.76 miGem Suites Serviced Apartments, State House Crescent, Nairobi, Kenya0.76 mi from Fairmont The Norfolk
Hidden away from the rest of Nairobi. This is a quiet place to have drinks with friends, or a meal from the menu. there is an outdoor lounge with comfortable couches, or some indoor tables. The service is attentive, but the food is only decent.
- 130.52 miKimathi Street 1st floor, Balfour House near Nation Center, CBD, Nairobi, Kenya0.52 mi from Fairmont The Norfolk1 review
Hosting live music on a distorted sounds system, there is an attached bar with a dance floor, and a large restaurant serving local food. The food is good. The stewed beef comes tender with excellent flavor, and the fried tilapia is moist and delicious. Definitely a local favorite, with local standards to be prepared to eat with your hands, and ...
- 140.54 miKenyatta Avenue and Muindi Bingu Street, CBD, Nairobi, Kenya0.54 mi from Fairmont The Norfolk
A well known classic in Nairobi for nyama choma, Congolese dancing and the odd brawl. Set in the central business district, it is not the friendliest place to be at night but the choma is decent, the dancing is quite entertaining, and there is a lot of outdoor seating, so it is a nice place to be when its nice ...Popular with
- 153.68 miLangata Road, Near Wilson Airport, PO Box 56685, City Square 00200, Nairobi, Kenyan Regions, Kenya3.68 mi from Fairmont The Norfolk16 reviews
This place is not what it used to be. Don't go in expecting to dine on anything too exotic. Game meat can no longer be served legally in Kenya so the only meats you get here are farmed: beef, pork, chicken, camel, ostrich, and crocodile. For about $40 you get all-you-can eat meat, a salad, desert, and sides. Drinks are ...Popular with
- 162.46 miUpper Parklands Estate, Nairobi, Kenya2.46 mi from Fairmont The Norfolk2 reviews
The food is delicious, the meat tender, the njera fresh, and the service friendly and knowledgeable. The prices are pretty standard, and we suggest you get one of the suggested platters, which cost around 850 KSh pp. The coffee was perfectly made and presented. The staff truly are delightful.Popular with
- 171.95 miP. O. Box 4289 Lenana Rd, Nairobi, Kenya1.95 mi from Fairmont The Norfolk2 reviews
Is a chain restaurant in Nairobi, offering fresh pasta, gourmet pizza, an extensive wine list, delicious fish specials and tasteful outdoor seating. The service however is of variable quality, and to me the the quality of the food is not inline with the high prices on the menu.
- 181.44 miViking House, Waiyaki Way, Westlands1.44 mi from Fairmont The Norfolk
What a great place for a feast. Definitely bring your appetite, and plan to hangout for a while, as the service is Brazilian style, where waiters bring around different cuts of BBQ-ed meat of your choosing. The meat is high quality, the seasonings are delicious, and they are expertly grilled. The quality here is much better than the more famous ...
- 191.15 miCorner of Ralph Bunche road and Lenana road, Milimani1.15 mi from Fairmont The Norfolk2 reviews
Go for some drinks after work. Friendly bar service, and plenty of comfortable places to relax. The spicy chicken wings are excellent (could use some bigger portions though). The dinner menu is fairly standard, everything seems decent.
- 202.25 mi1st Floor, Bishop Magua Centre George Padmore Lane, Nairobi, Kenya2.25 mi from Fairmont The Norfolk
Super cool little start-up on the first floor of the iHub building. Great coffee, and they do burritos and other foreign fare for lunch. Super friendly staff, and a great outside balcony to enjoying their creations under the sun. Definitely a spot to go hang out with the creative up-and-coming from the tech world too.Popular with