Farallon

450 Post St # 4, San Francisco, CA
Farallon

• Farallon

I'm not a seafood fan, but I still enjoy the ambiance and service here. This upscale restaurant is a great place to impress out-of-town visitors. The large, open dining room isn't too noisy, and the floor-to-ceiling sea motif manages to stop short of being gaudy.

Recommended for:Art & Design LoversFoodiesLuxury Travelers
  • FarallonPro 2014

I came here with my company for a prix fixe holiday party menu. The service was great but the food was average. I found a hair in my salad. I wouldn't be excited to come back.

Recommended for:FoodiesLuxury Travelers
  • FarallonPro 2014

Thanks to my Catholic up bringing, I'll always associate Friday with seafood and everything else that is not consider meat.

A long day of nothing in my stomach, a girl can eat just about everything that is given to her within sight. Luckily, in close proximity, Farallon is the winner choice for dinner.

We order:

- On the half shell of oyster = Barron Point, Glacier Bay, and Shigoku. All so sweet, delectable, and tasty.

-Seared local petrale sole = nicely cook sole with fantastic butternut squash ravioli and baby broccoli.

- Grilled cascade river artic char = there are countless ways to cook char, but I gotta hand it to Farallon for their version of grilling them to perfection. The skin is perfectly crispy. Not to mention, the butternut squash puree, bacon braised chicories, monterey squid complimented each other.

The dessert menu seem really enticing, but it is unfortunate that I am too full. I guess I will have to venture to try their dessert and maybe their HH as well. As for now, I am content with their food. Hope you give this place a try. Cheers!

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFamily TravelersFoodiesNightlife Lovers
  • FarallonPro 2014

I was absolutely stunned by the food here. I suppose I was really lucky my family decided to do a special dinner here, otherwise I would have never been able to afford it. Definitely a one of a kind experience - save up and eat to your hearts content. Even if the bill will be scary after.

Recommended for:FoodiesLuxury TravelersTrendsters
  • Farallon

Best Fresh Everything- we sat at the Raw Bar and ordered the huge platter arrangment for the 2 of us:) Lobster, crab, oyster, sashimi, you name it!

Recommended for:Business TravelersFoodiesLuxury Travelers

At this seafood-restaurant-with-a-French-infusion, Chef Mark Franz offers up fresh, innovative, exciting fusion dishes. Some would call his style reckless-- those people have probably never eaten at Farallon. The menu du jour is constructed around what's fresh that day, so prepare to be surprised!

30 people visited Farallon