Farmers Market

6333 West 3rd Street #175g, Los Angeles, CA, United States

Great place to shop and eat. CBS is next door so you may see a TV personality

Popular withFoodiesLocalHistory

Things to do near Farmers Market for History Buffs

filtered byHistoryX

The Grove

0.16 mi from Farmers Market

I love The Grove. It's a lovely outdoor shopping mall that's designed to feel like you're walking a cobblestoned plaza of shops and restaurants in Europe. In numbers, the shops are fewer than other large malls. But Nordstrom is here, and that goes a long way for me! I like that you can spend a leisurely day at The Grove. ...

Popular withLuxuryLocalFamilies

Nordstrom

0.16 mi from Farmers Market

I went shoe shopping!!

Writers Guild of America

0.1 mi from Farmers Market

Came here to see a movie but it looks like a regular office and it is kinda lonely.

The Barber Shop Club

0.0 mi from Farmers Market

Best barber shop in LA! Woody cuts like no other! Old time feel and service. No other shop even comes close!

Farmer's Market

0.05 mi from Farmers Market

Alas, I didn't discover the Farmers' Market until AFTER I'd moved back to the Bay Area from Long Beach. I suppose if I'd known earlier, it would have added to my homework-avoiding time-wasters. When I did begin visiting, it was much more open with more food vendor stalls (before the Cost Plus and Grove additions). It was the place I ...

Zara

0.03 mi from Farmers Market

Zara makes the best clean cut pieces at a very reasonable price from their tweed Balenciaga inspired blazers ($129) to their black skinny pants ($35). This is a staple store for me.

Littlejohn's Candies

0.03 mi from Farmers Market

This is part of the famous LA Farmer's Market. They have some of the best chocolate and candy, from English Toffee to huge chocolate Easter Eggs in the spring. Don't miss this if you have a sweet tooth. You can watch the girls make the chocolate and candies like pralines through the glass window.

Magee's

0.0 mi from Farmers Market

This place have everything from soup to nuts! Actually, mostly just nuts. BUT every kind you can imagine. If you like salty snacks and are heading to the GROVE or FARMER'S MARKET to go shopping... or see a film... stop in here and grab some mixed nuts to stash in your bag! : )

Three dog bakery

0.05 mi from Farmers Market

Really cute dog bakery in the grove! If you bring your pup to the shop they will give her a treat!

Popular withTrendstersFamilies

Kmart

0.07 mi from Farmers Market

Not the best Kmart I've been to. It does have a couple of things going for it. It's next to a great Wholefoods, the Grove is right across the street and the parking is free. More than a few times we've taken advantage of the free parking to take our time at the Grove.

La Brea Tar Pits

0.63 mi from Farmers Market

This is one of my all time favorite museums. I love natural history. Learning about the creatures from the tar pits is awesome to me. I have taken my daughter here as well and she really liked it too!!! I plan on going back every year or two for her to check it out. They have a great link to ...

Popular withHistoryFamiliesLocal

Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA)

0.55 mi from Farmers Market

Great date place, or just a good touristy spot to check out! I brought my parents here to have a nice family outing and its amazing living in LA we can pass on, on so many amazing FREE events! Recently my guy and I came here to kill some time, we got to LACMA at 7pm, so right across the ...

Popular withDesignLocalHistory

George C. Page Museum

0.62 mi from Farmers Market

Museum visitors can learn about Los Angeles as it was between 10 thousand and 40 thousand years ago when animals such as saber-toothed cats and mammoths roamed the Los Angeles Basin. Visitors can also watch bones being cleaned and repaired through windows at the Page Museum Laboratory.

Popular withFamiliesLocalHistory

Merry Karnowsky Gallery

0.92 mi from Farmers Market

Came here for the reception for the Vivian Maier exhibit hosted by Tim Roth. Here is more information about Vivian: http://www.vivianmaier.com/. Parking: Metered street parking. The rsvp line is extremely long for receptions. So be prepared to wait in the Ca winter. Pro-tip 1: Please rsvp with the gallery. The security guys would not let anyone in unless they were ...

Popular withLocalDesignHistory

Milk

0.49 mi from Farmers Market

I'm in love with their macaron ice cream sandwich! All of their sweets are cute and unique :) Their hand made ice cream is fantastic. I got the Grasshopper macaron ice cream sandwich (mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwich 1/2 dipped in chocolate). Tip: bring friends and get different sweets and share!

Popular withFoodiesTrendstersBudget

El Rey Theatre

0.89 mi from Farmers Market

A great venue to see a show. The theatre is all general admission/ standing room only. It's big enough to attract larger names, but small enough to feel intimate. It has an art deco feel, but not as spectacular as some of LA's other venues from that era.

Popular withNightlife

Improv

0.93 mi from Farmers Market

I had a great time here, staff was friendly & nice. The comedians were funny & great! =) Great for the weekends, nice clean place for some laughs & great fun. ;)

Popular withNightlifeTrendsters

Ray's & Stark Bar

0.62 mi from Farmers Market

Super cool place to lounge, especially on a warm summer night as there's a beautiful contemporary outdoor patio. Cocktails are just as yummy as the food. Spend a few hours checking out the exhibits at LACMA and then end up here - it's a fun way to enjoy the art scene on Museum Row.

Popular withTrendstersNightlife

Petersen Automotive Museum

0.68 mi from Farmers Market

The Petersen is a cool museum, especially for auto enthusiasts. Trace the history of automobile creation and design through the museums detailed exhibits.

Popular withHistoryDesignFamilies

Saban Theatre

0.98 mi from Farmers Market

It's an incredibly beautiful art deco theatre that has been restored very nicely. It is not super big... very nice and intimate. Parking however really is very terrible in the area.