I am planning a RTW trip for 2013, Cairo is actually one of the places we're planning to go. Of course we're going to several different countries/cities over the course of 1 year, not sure if I should create one or many trip plans. Would be cool if I could group all them in the same trip plan :)
Trip Plan Details
commented on this trip
- Pyramids of GizaCairo, Egyptrecommended Pyramids of GizaIf you're in Egypt, you should see some pyramids. Next to Cairo are the Giza pyramids, which are the more famous of them all. Once you get there, they are mostly as you imagined. Sometimes they open ... read moreone of the pyramids for visitors, but since they were never designed to be re-entered and everything of interest has been plundered or removed, descending into them isn't that interesting. Be careful and watch out for pickpockets, thieves, and strong arm sales. There are police around but they can't be everywhere.Recommended for:
- InterContinental Citystars CairoCairo, Omar Ibn El Khattab Street PO Box 1026, Egyptrecommended InterContinental Citystars Cairoif u decide to visit cairo for see historic area and shoping area i recommend InterContinental Citystars Cairo hotel for u in nasr city not far from airport and about less than half hour to city ... read morecenter of cairo ,but most intersting it u can shop from city star mall it have about 650 shops and u can find all kind of restaurant and easy to from lobby hoyel to inside mall it opens till 12.00 midnightRecommended for:
recommended LuxorPlace is characterized by the magic of the Middle and good people and magnificent monuments and temples would advise anyone visiting Egypt to go to himRecommended for:Ruby Mohamed
Place is characterized by the magic of the Middle and good people and magnificent monuments and temples would advise anyone visiting Egypt to go to himrecommended LuxorLuxor is unbelievable! Valley of the Kings, Karnak, Luxor Temple, The Temple of Hatshepsut etc etc. This city will leave you gobsmacked.Recommended for:
commented on this trip
Sounds fun! You can ask multiple questions under this RTW trip
- Al Azhar ParkSalah Salem Street, Cairo 11562 Egyptrecommended Al Azhar ParkIf your looking for somewhere to go to get away from the hustle and bustle of Cairo, then Al-Azhar Park is the perfect place for you. I came here after taking a tour of The Citadel. When I was ready ... read moreto leave The Citadel there were various cab drivers that tried in vain to get me in one of their cars. I knew that Al-Ahzar park was an easy walk from there. It took about 20 minutes alongside a main road and most of it has a sidewalk. I recommend walking this if you want to save a few bucks and like a good walk anyway. The entrance to the park requires a small fee mainly to keep the riff raff out. I definitely helps because this must be the quietest place in Cairo. It has a very nice garden with lots of greenery and flowers to take in while having a nice stroll. As for the sights you can see the Citadel and Cairo in the other direction. There is also a restaurant in the middle of the park. Other than what seemed to be a wealthy Cairo family I was the only one there. The prices are steep for Cairo but about the same for what you would pay in the U.S. Heck I didn't care because the food and service was good and I could just take it easy after a few days in noisy Cairo.Recommended for:
recommended Backpacker ConciergeI honestly cannot say enough good things about Backpacker Concierge. Before touring Egypt with them, every tour company I had ever used was impersonal and average. Backpacker Concierge made me a ... read morecomplete fan of using tour companies. We went to Egypt with a group of 18 or so (rather picky) young adults. From the moment we started planning the trip with them, I should have known it would be a great experience. They communicated clearly, they tweaked and changed our tour itinerary to meet our requests and needs, and made sure we were completely prepared for our trip. They patiently answered the questions coming in from all of our friends and once we got there it was no different. I felt completely taken care of as we traveled throughout Egypt with them. Even when the organized/formal parts of the day were over, Eric and Jaymie continued to take care of us. If we wanted to do more activities at night, they would arrange for our additional transportation and tickets. Every time we arrived in a new city or area, they would give us a thorough preview of what to expect, what tourist tricks not to fall for, what we should be paying for things, etc. Honestly, I can't believe they manage to give this level of service to all their customers, but based on every person I have talked to who has traveled through Egypt or Jordan with them - they do! And I should add that they do all this at an amazingly reasonable price for the level of service they provide. They also have access to help plan a variety of options depending on what you're interested in. In a single trip, we went sandboarding in the Egyptian desert, visited an area where enterprising Egyptians are creating their own recycling and garbage system, and still did all the activities you go to Egypt to do like visit the pyramids and the museums. If you are going to Egypt or Jordan - do yourself a favor and call Backpacker Concierge. They are amazing - I personally guarantee you won't regret it!Recommended for:BackpackersTraci
if you need a guide while you're in Cairo to help you plan your trip there (or to Jordan, Nepal or a couple other countries) I highly recommend these guys! They are AMAZING and not expensive for the level of service they provide! They take care of everything.
- Abu el Sid157 26th Of July St.recommended Abu el SidThis was a great restaurant recommended to us by our Egyptian tour guides. Authentic food, great ambiance and you can enjoy some shisha by the table (if you like). Portions are also generous!Recommended for:Traci
Great local restaurant, authentic cuisine and delicious!
- Cairo TowerCairo, Cairo Governorate, Egyptrecommended Cairo TowerWell worth it for the spectacular views of Cairo. You can even see the Giza pyramids from here.Recommended for: